old fart....

Options
50 and disabled, below 1000 a day, no option anymore. B)

Replies

• OneWayOnlyCycles
    OneWayOnlyCycles Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Come on. You are HERE. There's hope. Get some buddies with similar interests. You need to reach down deep and find the strength that you know is there.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Have you read any of the success stories here? Here's my favorite.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10164678/wheelchair-user-130lbs-healthier/p1
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I was over 50 when I started. I am not sure what "below 1000 a day" means. If it refers to calories its to low. You need to plug in your numbers and shoot for a 2 lbs. per week loss. It takes time but if you are in deficit, accurate, and honest with logging it will happen.
  • bigguyreed
    bigguyreed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey Old
    How disabled are you? If you don't mined me asking. I'm 62 young male but I'm not disabled. If you can walk that can help you to start losing weight. That's were I started and lose at least 40lbs. to 45lbs. You can do it you just need to get moving.
  • sbubenchik
    sbubenchik Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yeah no need to be super crazy low. There are options for everyone. Welcome to MFP!
  • loobe1066
    loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi wolfman, you are not alone. I will be 50 in 5 weeks, I have mobility issues due to arthritis so walking can be difficult for me. I try to go cycling once a week and swimming from time to time. There are always options we just don't always see them. As rsclause said don't restrict calories too much as that will stop you losing weight. Good luck