Paleo Nutritioner's anyone?

Options
kristinabrisco
kristinabrisco Posts: 6 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
September 1, 2016 - since the most recent post at this myfitnespal community at the Introduce yourself topic area is from 2015? We should have a good pool of peeps from which to compare success rates by now shouldn't we? So this question? Since 2015 who has maintained their weight?

While you're busy figuring if you or I are in that group? Hi again. I'm back at it at myfitnesspal because a recent move and non-invite to join in most every activity I might? has resulted in a sedentary life-style by default.

I'm looking for a paleo-"diet" nutritionist group. the "d" word is not part of my vocab anymore.

Thanks for your assist in directing me to a paleo-group.

-Kristi

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining'ish since 2015 and eat a Paleo diet 60% of the time I would guess... Are you wanting a conversation here, on the main forums, or are you just trying to find a group?
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Click on Groups under the Community tab, and search for "paleo", there are quite a few groups.
  • kristinabrisco
    Options
    Hello Mr./Ms./Mrs. Hornsby. I would like to find a paleo-group. Thought that was made fairly obvious at my first post. No?
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Well yes, that part was someone straight forward, but you asked a lot of questions as well so I was unsure about whether you wanted to discuss anything in here. Wasn't being rude, promise. As @vingogly mentioned, you can do a search for groups.

Good luck to you.
  • kristinabrisco
    Options
    Thank you. I just discovered the search option from the Communities tab. However, each discussion visited so far are self-starters who failed at their followups. Do you know of a currently running paleo-diet group at myfitnesspal?
  • kristinabrisco
    Options
    on thousand one...one thousand two...one thousand three...and a four? and a...? and is why I do not participate at myfitnesspal other than use of the food counter. good day.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    This is the most active Paleo/Primal group on MFP I believe.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/37-primal-paleo-support-group
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    on thousand one...one thousand two...one thousand three...and a four? and a...? and is why I do not participate at myfitnesspal other than use of the food counter. good day.

there seems to have been less than two minutes between you posting the question and you being a real tool about how long you waited and waited and waited (a whole two minutes) for your answer? are you always so impatient?

you do realize this is a public forum, and not a google search query? best of luck to you and your food counter friendship
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    It's been five minutes without a post in here!!!!

What is taking so long???

WHERE IS EVERYONE???
  • sbubenchik
    sbubenchik Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Mostly paleo, sometimes slip and eat cheese. works great for me I feel amazing. Been on it for a while.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »

Yes. Where they talk about eating rice, potatoes, legumes, oats and cheese all the time. Sigh. Every now and then they turn over a new leaf and go on about a "Whole 30". Rinse and repeat, going on for years. But it is the most active one, right.

No idea, just trying to help. The only group I cared about has been dismantled and we have moved on... :)

A lot of that seems to be going around on MFP lately.
  • AnabolicMind2011
    AnabolicMind2011 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Yes. Where they talk about eating rice, potatoes, legumes, oats and cheese all the time. Sigh. Every now and then they turn over a new leaf and go on about a "Whole 30". Rinse and repeat, going on for years. But it is the most active one, right.

No idea, just trying to help. The only group I cared about has been dismantled and we have moved on... :)

A lot of that seems to be going around on MFP lately.

Greener pastures and all....
  • AnabolicMind2011
    AnabolicMind2011 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

Could this possibly be the reason the group your looking for" no longer exists"?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

You were very patient and helpful also. Not sure I would have been.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

:heart:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I love weird threads on MFP.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options

Could this possibly be the reason the group your looking for" no longer exists"?

Perhaps it evolved into something else. People exercise natural selection all the time. It really is survival of the fittest out there.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »

Perhaps it evolved into something else. People exercise natural selection all the time. It really is survival of the fittest out there.

A dog eat dog world!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »

Or perhaps survival of the patient.