lifters, whats your worst lift?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    What qualifies as a "crappy" overhead press? I am just curious. It is by far my weakest lift of the big lifts, but what are the standards?

I love picking stuff up over my head. Makes me feel beasty.

for me, it is just not being able to progress....
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    OHP is definitely my worst.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    What qualifies as a "crappy" overhead press? I am just curious. It is by far my weakest lift of the big lifts, but what are the standards?

I get that. I guess I just don't care all that much on that lift. I haven't progressed a ton on it but I prefer volume on the shoulders anyway. Going for that sick pump, bruh.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I get that. I guess I just don't care all that much on that lift. I haven't progressed a ton on it but I prefer volume on the shoulders anyway. Going for that sick pump, bruh.

I hear you ...For me, OHP, is one of those lifts that when it is bad it just feels like absolute crap ..I can have a crappy squat or DL day and still feel like I got the better of the workout...but OHP will whoop my ...
  • Hornsby
    Options

I hear you ...For me, OHP, is one of those lifts that when it is bad it just feels like absolute crap ..I can have a crappy squat or DL day and still feel like I got the better of the workout...but OHP will whoop my ...

Have you tried push/press to get through your sticking points?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'm going with the majority in this, my bench is my worst lift. On Monday I was able to hit 225 for a solid single though - not gad fir a 181lb girl haha

2-plate bench? I fail to see the problem.
  • TR0berts
    edited September 2016
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    I'm going with the majority in this, my bench is my worst lift. On Monday I was able to hit 225 for a solid single though - not gad fir a 181lb girl haha

giphy%206_zpsmm6gsidl.gif

Me too!

Currently I can bench 225, squat 335 (maxed at 365 around 50lbs ago haha) and deadlift 410 (maxed at 425 again I was like 50lbs heavier as well).

I'm trying to post on Instagram more but I just started using it lol

551.gif
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options

Me too!

Currently I can bench 225, squat 335 (maxed at 365 around 50lbs ago haha) and deadlift 410 (maxed at 425 again I was like 50lbs heavier as well).

Oh wow! Had to double check that you are female. Insane strength. How much do you weigh?

200_zpsqwahdlfq.gif

Asking someone what their weight is in relation to their lifts is certainly not cringey, male or female. Less cringey than all the posts with gifs, at least.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Sweetheart.jpg
  • LazSommer
    Options
    It was directed at the questioning whether she was female, sweetheart.

Still don't see the applicability. She posted a bench stat that blows away many of the people that post about being "powerlifters" on here or post their PR vids in the normal thread. They didn't question her being female, just stated they did a double take which is understandable. bro.
  • TR0berts
    edited September 2016
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »

Me too!

Oh wow! Had to double check that you are female. Insane strength. How much do you weigh?

200_zpsqwahdlfq.gif

Asking someone what their weight is in relation to their lifts is certainly not cringey, male or female. Less cringey than all the posts with gifs, at least.

Well, she told us her weight in her very first post in this thread.

And, apparently, that's not what he was referring to, anyway.
  • LazSommer
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Me too!

200_zpsqwahdlfq.gif

Except...

Wait for it...

She told us her weight in her very first post in this thread. Go ahead, review the list of quotes here.

If you can't tell that I just skim things and fire from the hip, then I don't know what else to say.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

Me too!

200_zpsqwahdlfq.gif

Exactly. It's very relevant. If you compete, you get over it quickly. Your age and body weight is up on a screen for the world to see. The only thing missing is your natural hair colour.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone and thanks for the compliments on my lifts!!

Weight fluctuates between 181 and 183 throughout the day and I am still consistently losing, to date I have lost 163lbs and have been training almost a year.

Oh and yes I am in fact a woman. Haha

Heres some of this week's lifts - dead was a grinder and got slowed down by the treads catching my pants. Nonetheless I locked it out.

*snip*snip*

hopefully the embed I tried actually works this time. Haha

Wow. I don't even know what to say. Your weight loss and lifting are so impressive. Jaw-dropping is the term that comes to mind. Great work!
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    If anyone is curious - I am 5'2 ish lol and 25 and a natural blonde :D
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I should have read the entire thread as her weight was in first post. Apologies. Weight is very relevant when assessing how impressive somebody's lift is. Hence why we have weight classes. Also of course gender plays a part. 225 is a very good number for a man but is extremely impressive for a woman. Even most professional female athletes couldn't push 2 plates. @MsSquatAlot is a very strong human being!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    If anyone is curious - I am 5'2 ish lol and 25 and a natural blonde :D

But...do you like chocolate and long walks on the beach? ;):lol: