Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• cathydubepenner
    cathydubepenner Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    JFT 8/31/2016

I've been sporadic at best with daily postings. This time of year is always chaotic in our home. The next few weeks will be transitioning into the Fall/Winter routines. It's a great time to start fresh....however, my goals always seem to be the same!
    *Kick off the day by getting at least 2/3 of my step goal for the day
    *Catch up on updating calendars and bills
    *Water,water,water....aargh!
    * Start working on a daily schedule to hopefully free up more time for fun projects

Have a good day everyone....see you next month!

I did meet my step goal but just barely. I did make a huge dent in paperwork/bills, etc. Water, again I made my goal but just holding on by a thread. Why is drinking water so hard?! Started working through a new daily schedule in my mind but haven't written anything down. Unfortunately my schedule hinges on my family and they are fly by the seat of your pants kind of people. I never know what to expect 1 day to the next...aggravating!

JFT 9/1/2016

*Try to get a workout done at home
    *Resist the temptation to mindlessly eat....maybe drink water instead, novel idea!!
    *Get the bulk of household things done today so that maybe my daughter and I can do something together tomorrow.
  • Debbynothing
    Debbynothing Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just for today. One more day.

- I will not eat candy, except my fit avocado dessert
    - Today I will not exercise because I need to recovery my muscles, so I will eat less than 100g carbs.
    - I will drink at least 3000 ml water :D

I failed. But today is a new day, so...Just for today

-Exercise 30' (Checked :D)
    - Don't eat pizza on breakfeast (Checked :D)
    - I know I will pass a little bit my calories, so I will try to do the best choices, with less carbs.
    - I will try to drink 3000 ml water :D
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    Yesterday
    1. DO not let the scale dictate how my day will be. Stay focused, one day at a time :) It is so hard NOT to step on the scale though - but I am going to try and wait a week.
    2. concentrate on water!!! :/
    3. Log all my food, even if it is not something I want to admit doing :) Went out to eat with a friend, so guess on my dinner, but I think I did OK
    4. get back on here tomorrow -- be accountable to you guys!! :):)
    5. Go to bed without eating -- feel a little bit hungry! I know I should feel hungry when going to bed. WHen I feel hungry, that is when I lose weight. :) Even though I ate out, I did not go to bed feeling stuffed, as I used to always do.

Thursday, 9/1
    1. a new month - a new day.
    2. DO NOT GET ON THE SCALE! Refrain from weighing everyday, as this gets me down
    3. DRINK WATER! My hardest thing to remember to do
    4. work on the yard - its a beautiful day today. Get out and enjoy it
    5. Go to the gym. Trying to make this a daily habit before work :) DId this already!
    6. Get back on here tomorrow to be accountable
    7. LOG ALL FOOD!
  • mytime6630
    edited September 2016
    Options

I failed. But today is a new day, so...Just for today

-Exercise 30' (Checked :D)
    - Don't eat pizza on breakfeast (Checked :D)
    - I know I will pass a little bit my calories, so I will try to do the best choices, with less carbs.
    - I will try to drink 3000 ml water :D

We never fail when we keep trying! You did a great job, just getting back on here!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT 8/31/2016

Water, again I made my goal but just holding on by a thread. Why is drinking water so hard?!

I also have this problem with drinking water. I am trying to add some "flavor" to my water - especially in the evenings when I want to snack. Another thing I am trying is to drink 2 glasses of water with each meal and hoping that helps.
    I would love to hear suggestions from others as to how they get enough water in during the day! I know water speeds up weight loss, and helps us to feel better and more energetic. But I know what you mean - its always a struggle for me as well.
  • jtsweats
    jtsweats Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Trying to stay accountable so here's yesterday's outcome:
    Still no snack after dinner. No celebrating the kids being asleep with food! grrrrr. :/ So my snack was at least watermelon but it was still a snack. blerrrrrrrrrg.
    PT for knee - do all the exercises :# Yeah - only half of them.
    Take a family walk after dinner - should not be as sweltering today - hooray! :D Walk nixed by the little love's meltdown. She was so exhausted from her new school that she was a bit of a handful. Hopefully today goes better!
    If (when) the 4 year old has more tantrums, remain calm and breathe. Know that she is struggling too. :'( This is hard!! She can be so wonderful, and is wonderful 95% of the time, but that other 5%!!! Parenting is by far the best but hardest thing I have ever done.

So yesterday was a mixed bag at best. SO....JFT...
    • Step away from the nighttime feedings!
    • Take the kids for a walk after work (pending 4 year old's behavior)
    • If can't take the kids for a walk, do 30 min yoga at home
    • After dinner dance party with the baby and preschooler
    • Put down phone by 9pm and read a book!
  • OetztalerWannabe
    OetztalerWannabe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    JFT 2.9.16
    - yoga :neutral: yes, but only 10 min
    - no snack between breakfast and lunch :)
    - take a sensible portion at lunch :( no, I took a lot, including vegetable lasagne which was full of creamy bechamel and covered in cheese...
    - no snack except fruit and/or yogurt in the afternoon :) ignoring the one bite of cookie I tried, as it was right before cycling 13km to spend the evening climbing. Pretty certain the sugar got used
    - be careful in evening not to totally offset sport with gratuitous, unhealthy calories :) to :neutral: calorie-wise ok, but not ideal (flavoured quark, banana, half a muesli bar: high on sugar, low on protein)
    - eat less bread - this seems to be a major calorie source for me, much more than I'd expect :) none except breakfast roll

JFT 3.9.16
    - yoga
    - no snack between breakfast and lunch
    - restrained lunch bag
    - no snack except fruit and/or yogurt in the afternoon
    - avoid bread except for breakfast
    - ensure dinner includes some protein
  • pjg2015
    pjg2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    1. log what I eat
    2. move for 30 minutes
    3. be thankful for positive motivators
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was not a good day - I had a very stressful workshop in the morning and then ended up snapping at a difficult colleague and being gently reprimanded by my manager. The colleague deserved it, but I really shouldn't have done it and ended up feeling pretty rubbish. As such, my eating choices were not great!

Yesterday's commitments -

- Log everything I eat :/ not done yet but I will try to retrospectively do today

- do not go overboard at the free lunch! Only have 4 sandwiches and none of those to be the cheese ones. Allowed a small amount of crisps/fruit - no sweet treats :| nearly - swapped one sandwich for a piece of quiche which was almost certainly more calorific

- no unhealthy snacks :/ crisps and shortbread biscuit

- exercise class after work :):):) though I was grumpy throughout

- take a 15 minute break outside after workshop (meditate) :| Did take a break but didn't meditate - went to a cafe and had a cry....

- do not exceed calories :/ haven't checked but won't have done given I had pizza for dinner as well. I didn't do as badly as the last time I was this upset though

Today's commitments -

- stay calm, no matter how overwhelming work is, or how provoking other people are. Use breathing/music/ happy thoughts to help with this
    - take a 30 minute lunch break, either for reading or to have lunch with colleague
    - go to gym after work
    - stay within calories, with 300+ cal deficit
    - buy light hot choc sachets for work

• markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yesterday
    - Do my planned workout :smiley:
    - reach my protein target B)
    - track all my food B)
    - look for a gift for our anniversary :)
    - plan the rest of the week :|
    - have a good chat together tonight about the future :| Focussed on decorating our new house together.

Today I will:
    - Do my planned workout :smile:
    - reach my protein target
    - track all my food
    - Get my 4 mayor work items done
    - Buy present for anniversary
    - Make plans for weekend
  • cathydubepenner
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    JFT 8/31/2016

Water, again I made my goal but just holding on by a thread. Why is drinking water so hard?!

I also have this problem with drinking water. I am trying to add some "flavor" to my water - especially in the evenings when I want to snack. Another thing I am trying is to drink 2 glasses of water with each meal and hoping that helps.
    I would love to hear suggestions from others as to how they get enough water in during the day! I know water speeds up weight loss, and helps us to feel better and more energetic. But I know what you mean - its always a struggle for me as well.

I think the struggle for me is the cold temperature. The only time I want cold is during extremely hot/humid weather, which amounts to 3-4 weeks around here. They say herbal teas count as water but to be honest I like me a hot, strong cup of Oolong tea...could easily down 10 per day but I limit to 1 and 1 cup of coffee.
  • cathydubepenner
    Options

JFT 9/1/2016 YESTERDAY

*Try to get a workout done at home :)
    *Resist the temptation to mindlessly eat....maybe drink water instead, novel idea!! Better than previous days but still grazing :/
    *Get the bulk of household things done today so that maybe my daughter and I can do something together tomorrow.[/quote] :)

JFT 9/2/2016

*Make a batch of yogurt
    *Workout at least 30 mins
    * Hydrate
    * Start planning out next week's menus

• Xmingxue
    Xmingxue Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will not binge at night. I will eat enough to satisfy not stuff. I will love my body and honor it by taking really good care of it and that means eating in ways that are not destructive.
  • CariOnlyBetter
    CariOnlyBetter Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm new and I am in!! :)

Just for today: I will log every bite. I will not mindlessly eat. I will have only positive self talk. I will exercise for 30 mins minimum (10min already done)

I'm excited for this. I love accountability!
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    train
    eat
    log
    sleep
    repeat

hit my macros
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    1. bike ride ( really!)
    2. woodwork
    3. Save my calories as far as possible for the evening
    4. Celebrate recent successes ( currently my lowest weight in ages)
    5. Cheer the heck up!
    6. Check back in and declare successes or not
  • Debbynothing
    Debbynothing Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just for today

-Log my foods
    -Go to gym!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Thursday, 9/1
    1. a new month - a new day. :)
    2. DO NOT GET ON THE SCALE! Refrain from weighing everyday, as this gets me down :)
    3. DRINK WATER! My hardest thing to remember to do :/
    4. work on the yard - its a beautiful day today. Get out and enjoy it :)
    5. Go to the gym. Trying to make this a daily habit before work :) DId this already! :)
    6. Get back on here tomorrow to be accountable :)
    7. LOG ALL FOOD! :)

Friday
    1. log all food
    2. DRINK WATER!!! I have to make this a new habit, but I am having a hard time doing this
    3. Go to the gym, or for a long walk
    4. Stay focused. The scale is not a predictor of my health, and dont let it dictate how my day goes

Went to the doctor today, after spraining my ankle in June. Come to find out a chipped the bone - thats why it is taking so long to heal. And I thought it was just because of my age LOL!!! So next week a MRI. Its frustrating when I love to walk and work in the yard, but when I do these things, my ankle swells up.

Hope everyone has a good friday. Remember to get back on here tomorrow - lets all be accountable, good or bad!
  • jtsweats
    jtsweats Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's Outcome:
    Step away from the nighttime feedings! :)
    Take the kids for a walk after work (pending 4 year old's behavior)
    :)<3 We made it out for a walk and stopped by a friend's house who had, unbeknownst to us, just gone into labor! A new baby girl was born shortly thereafter!
    If can't take the kids for a walk, do 30 min yoga at home. No need.
    After dinner dance party with the baby and preschooler :'( Missed this because of the new baby excitement.
    Put down phone by 9pm and read a book! :D Yeah, right.

So JFT...
    Enjoy pizza at the playground for family picnic but, for the love of god woman, don't eat everything!
    Afternoon walk during break
    Get up and move instead of going nearly comatose in front of the computer this afternoon.
    PT for knee

Happy Friday all!
  • bri150lbs
    bri150lbs Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey, Joan! Remember Me? I used to be Bri170lbs!

I am sooooooo happy to see that your thread is still here and going strong like always. I hope you and your family are doing well, I haven't had time to go back and catch up on all the news.

A hearty hello to everyone here!

I took a few months off. I was suffering from diet fatigue after fighting the good fight for 3 years. I lost 130 pounds and went from 300 to my goal of 170. My husband got tired of hearing me whine about not losing more weight, and always being hungry. He insisted that I turn off MFP for a while and just live my life. I'm glad did.

I ran in several 5ks, went on some long hikes in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, where I live, did lots of Zumba classes and finally started bike riding with my family. I also ate some really yummy deserts, that I probably shouldn't have had, but didn't regret! I have gained back a "few" pounds over the summer and weighed in yesterday at 186.

I have made a new commitment with myself and I am now on a path to lose 36 pounds to reach my goal new of 150.

So, I am "Bri150lbs" now and I would love to share my daily goals, hope and dreams with all of you beautiful people!

For those of you who dont know me, I am 53, I have 5 kids between 14 and 29, and I run a business with my hubby who I have loved since I was 18. I was overweight my whole life and felt guilty about every bite I ate for many, many years.

But, with the help of MFP and "Joan and the gang @ J4T" I now feel great and I am exercising for the first time ever. (I'M FLEXING MY NEW MUSCLES FOR YOU ALL!)

Together, we can stay strong and KICK TODAY'S BUTT!!!, AND SEPTEMBER'S BUTT!!!, AND OUR GOAL'S BUTT!!!! WE GOT THIS!!!

So...for the first time in months....

J4T
    Friday, Sept. 2

1. Pack breakfast, lunch and snack to take to work.
    2. Go to Zumba
    3. Be very careful to stop eating when I reach my calorie limit this evening.
    4. Pray hard for a friend and her family.