No-cook breakfasts

Options
lorrpb
lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
I usually have cooked oatmeal or some form of eggs for breakfast, but some days I just don't feel like cooking to eat breakfast. What kind of "breakfast food" do you like for breakfast that doesn't require cooking? I don't care for the weird texture of refrigerator oats, although I love cooked oats. Boxed cereal doesn't keep me satiated, and I want more than yogurt or a shake. I know that some people will eat any kind of food for breakfast, but not me. I do not want cold pizza or a turkey sandwich for breakfast. Thanks.

Replies

• LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Maybe a cup of fruit/fruits? :) No cooking required and a grab-and-go food! Also, yogurt, whole grain muffin? You can also boil eggs the night before and eat them the next day.
  • hmltwin
    hmltwin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My normal breakfast is yogurt with either nuts (on the side) or granola (in the yogurt). Sometimes, I'll eat fruit of some kind (oranges, apples, grapes) and some cheese. Sometimes, I'll eat peanut butter on toast. I've also had times when I will have hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator - made ahead - so that I can eat one of them for breakfast.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Oats + milk + protein powder +/- banana +/- peanut butter.

Drink!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I snack on yogurt, cheese and fruit late morning. There's always IHOP
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If you like cottage cheese, that works for me. I add fruit or veg to bulk it up a little.
  • awasson7
    awasson7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Baked oatmeal made ahead in muffin cups - you can warm it up or eat it cold. I make monster cookie bars with half the sugar and no m&m's. Both are surprisingly filling with a glass of milk and maybe some fruit.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm obsessed with smoothies this summer, but perhaps that seems like a shake to you (you can see my weird combos in my diary--lots of food and extremely filling).

Other than that, fruit + cottage cheese or yogurt + smoked salmon (which to me is a breakfast food). Smoked salmon or cottage cheese plus raw veg (carrots, cukes, etc.) and baba ganoush/hummus. That's the kind of thing I grab when not cooking that seems kind of breakfasty (I am prone to not caring about "breakfast food" -- I'm the kind of person who often picks a lunch option at brunch.) ;-)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I love smoked salmon, but at least around here it's stomach-flippingly expensive.

OP: Is it a time issue, or do you just want something that isn't hot?
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Lenny & Larry's Complete Cookie
    Nature Valley Oats 'N Honey Granola Bar

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I love smoked salmon, but at least around here it's stomach-flippingly expensive.

OP: Is it a time issue, or do you just want something that isn't hot?

Just getting tired of cooking every morning.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I have an omlette *almost* every morning, and what makes it easier is prepping whatever I'm going to put in it the day before and putting it in the fridge overnight, and even setting the pan on the burner before going to bed. So then in the morning all I have to do is toss the items in the pan, put a lid on, and set it to low heat while I get dressed. Then I put the eggs in, stir it, and put the lid on again while I pack my lunch. idk if that would help you; it's easier for me than a smoothie. All I end up cleaning is the tupper container that held the stuff in the fridge, the pan, and my fork. (I am a lazy butt and eat out of the pan.)
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Bread with butter and jelly or cheese as topping. Typical european
  • BackwoodsDarlin
    BackwoodsDarlin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You could always make a Crockpot Breakfast Casserole, let cook for around 7 hours overnight, then in the morning, it's already ready. Then use the leftovers for more "microwavable" breakfasts during the week.
    I know it's still "cooking" but at least the crockpot is the one doing the work LOL
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Bagel with cream cheese, avocado or nut butter.
  • sarahjen92
    sarahjen92 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I usually have a protein shake in the morning (up early for work so forget cooking). I'm a huge fan off cottage cheese though - I'll throw in a tablespoon of ground flaxseed and a couple spoonfuls of raisins as well. A slice of Ezekial bread with jam or coconut oil is another one of my favorites. Hardboiled eggs as well. I always try to pack in a lot of protein at breakfast, keeps me going for hours!
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I like Belvita breakfast crackers, sometimes if I want protein with that I will have a string cheese stick and only eat half the package at breakfast time then finish it at mid-morning. Sometimes I will have cottage cheese and berries or an apple.
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Overnight soaked oat. and you can really go creative with it. soak it in protein powder, milk, orange juice, etc
    Add to any fruit, blue berry, peach, strawberry, etc
    Add to cinnamon, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, any type of nuts (add the nuts in the morning)

Really you can have a different flavor every morning :)

Other option would be a cooked egg with veggies muffin
  • hereforthelolz
    hereforthelolz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    PBJ, protein shake with frozen fruit and/or raw greens, protein bars, Odwalla or Clif bars, a banana or apple, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, a whole grain bagel. I almost never cook breakfast.
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I had a chicken thigh this am and it was very filling. My morning had a lot more time in it since a pan of them was cooked last night.