any 5'7 girls out there?

Options
cabul3
cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
i am currently 162 and have set a goal of 141. i want to know how realistic that sounds to other ladies my height??

what do you weigh? what do you want to weigh? how do you feel at that weight?

Replies

• drejen
    drejen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm also 5'7. I just started using MFP a week ago. So far I have lost 3 pounds. My start weight was 162 and my goal is 142. I got down to 137 a few years back but couldn't maintain that weight.
  • ShyBreasts
    ShyBreasts Posts: 91
    Options
    HEY I am between 5'6 and 5'7. I started this at 160lbs and my goal is about 140lbs. Hopefully that will mean I am about a size 10 and a healthy weight on my BMI.
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and I am down to 139. My goal weight is 130 but I don't think that I'm going to get there. It's been a struggle getting into the 130's. Good luck! :)
  • AnnaValek
    AnnaValek Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Friend me, all of you!!! :D I'm 5'7" and I weigh 159 pounds, though I teter between 159 and 160. My target weight is 135-140, depending on how I feel. Just because that's my target weight, it doesn't mean I have to make it. If I feel that my healthy weight is 140, then I'll stay there. I don't want to lose too much and risk making myself sick.
  • dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey Im currently 145, aim is 136...any lower than that and I find hard to mantain as I enjoy eating and not being hungry etc due to standing most of the time in my job and excercising a fair amount.

140 is a good weight. Id be happy enough if I was 140 and toned. Im just more comfortable with my weight at 136 but thats just a personal thing.
    xx
  • JCapote
    JCapote Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my goal just dropped from 140 to 135. My starting weight was 152 and as of today I've lost 10 lbs so I just adjusted my goal to 135...we'll see how realistic that is! I think your goal is realistic! :smile:
  • coachksr
    coachksr Posts: 8
    Options
    Dear cabul3,

Your goal sounds totally realistic. Once you've reached it, then you can re-evaluate if you wish. I think 118 is the low number in the range for this height.

I used to be 5'8-1/2". Age and back surgery has changed that to 5'7". Back in my skinny 5'8-1/2" days I was about 130-135. I can't imagine being only 118--LOL! Currently I'm about 170, looking to getting rid of 30-35 pounds. You asked "How do you feel at that weight?". Did you mean current weight? If so, I feel very fit (strengthening exercises and lots of brisk walking) and get lots of compliments on how I look. Recently my leg muscles got noticed! Still, even at 65, I get the longing for a flat tummy and only slightly curved butt!

From your photo, you look quite young. Keep at it. Losing weight is more difficult as you age ' cause your body requires fewer and fewer calories.

Kathleen
  • MsNiss
    MsNiss Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm 5'7, and my start weight was 171, and my goal is anywhere between 130 - 140. This depends on how difficult it is to maintain at 130. I've been 140 in the past and I was able to maintain that comfortably. I've been trying to tone up, and hope that the extra muscle will make maintaining it even easier.

Feel free to friend me if you like! I still have 18 pounds left on my journey (I've lost 13 since I started MFP), and could use some more motivation and friends on here.

Good luck!
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hey there, i'm also currently hovering around 160 but goal is 145!

I started on MFP at 168 earlier this year

Also, i am currently wearing size 8 and 6 but would like to be 4
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'7". My highest weight, when I finally said, "Okay it's time to do something about it," was about 181. So far I'm down to 159, and I feel so much better! That said, my goal is around 140. Maybe to maintain between 140-145, or between 135-140. I'll evaluate once I get down near there. Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • michellelay
    Options
    I am 5'7. I am currently 162. I just had a baby and I am trying to get back down to my original weight which was 155. My goal is 145. I always have trouble getting below the 155 mark. My body likes that weight. I do not think your goal is unrealistic. Good luck!
  • PixieThin
    PixieThin Posts: 57
    Options
    Meeeeee! I am a fatty McFatty. But my IUGW: is most def the 140's =D
  • aneisiena
    aneisiena Posts: 63
    Options
    This thread was so helpful for me! I've seen taller and shorter height topics and was happy to see people with similar weight goals :smile: Thanks ladies!
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 too my start weight was 209 :-/ and hope to get down to 135 or 140 either way I just want to be happy with the way I feel and look!!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I am currently at my goal weight with 128 to 132 pounds (it varies a lot).
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    5'7 here. Starting weight 186, goal weight 135. Started May 23rd this year & am at 14 lbs. I was hoping for a size 10, but I can kinda get in a size 10 already depending on brand. Sitting at a 12 for most everything. Started at a tight 14. I hope I can get rid of my belly, wish we could pick where the pounds came from :o)
    Feel free to friend me
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    i am currently 162 and have set a goal of 141. i want to know how realistic that sounds to other ladies my height??

what do you weigh? what do you want to weigh? how do you feel at that weight?

Very realistic! I'm 5'7" and set my goal to 140 and am currently stuck at 140.6. I've spent most of my adulthood between 135 and 145, which is how I picked 140 as a goal weight. I feel good anywhere in this range and can easily maintain here. If I get below 130, I am just too thin and start to look a little scary. ;)
  • vannie18
    vannie18 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'6 and currently 163, my set goal is between 140-145.
  • ladybug2020
    ladybug2020 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I hit a high of 189 and still struggling to get &stay out of the 180's. Ihovered around 160 for a couple years and was ok with it but I did get down to 145 and REALLY felt better about myself & how I looked . I was pretty much a size 6/8. My goal is to get down there again or even 150. I think if I was able to go lower than 140 it would be too hard to maintain now that I'm in my 40's.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I started at 209 (UGH!) and am now hovering around 180. My current goal weight is 150 -- about 10 pounds overweight. We'll see how I feel after I make it.

If I could only break this plateau. . .

I started at a tight 16 (probably why I started!) and am now a perfect size 13 (sometimes buying 14 and getting them tailored -- and sometimes a 12 actually fits!)