Plant based nutrition and weight loss

Options

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I am mostly plant based...NO DAIRY. Did you know humans should not consume dairy products? That aside milk has more hormonal side effects than soy IMO. I have a disorder that is forever progressive, especially with extra estrogen present in my system. Giving up dairy products has almost completely helped that situation. Less pain and tumor growth has shrunk and less swelling in said tumors. I eat Silk soy yogurt 2 or 3 times a week and it doesn't bother me...cashew milk for shakes. There is nut milk yogurt that I will switch to if the soy becomes a problem. Have you tried Almond yogurt?
    Try researching dairy and hormones. Did you know humans are the only species to drink milk once weaned from mom.
    The Silk Yogurt is NON GMO certified, (some flavors may not be though) which is more strict than USDA Organic.
    BTW to the person that said "soy is ok...no research shows soy to be a problem."
    98% of Soy in the US is GMO. Soy indeed does produce estrogen in the body and men should stay away from it. My doctors at the Mayo Clinic informed me of this. Although as stated above I am starting to believe dairy is worse....its loaded with hormones.

What a load of nonsense, most animals will drink milk given a chance, they just can't process it to do so. We can.

Can you provide links to some of the "Research" you have read on this as I'm being honest here, I've not seen or read any?

What do you mean "we can"? Most people are lactose intolerant to a degree, only few people can process it. It's natural for that ability to go away after infancy.

I meant process the milk as in milk a cow/goat/sheep etc.

But your claim is interesting, where did you read that most of the human population is lactose intolerant?

Go to google and just type in humans and lactose intolerence. You'll find lots of sources. Take your pick.

Again, no. Cite a reputable study to support your claim. You can find any random support for any random thing just by googling.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    You can google and find tons of stuff supporting any view. You have the burden to prove it with legitimate sources not just random websites
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You cite a source to "prove" whatever you want. I'm sure I could find one that notes my claim and the opposite so what's it matter? Believe what you want. There is "research" to prove anything you want to prove. I don't get why people are obsessed with link posting here. It doesn't get anyone to change their mind. They'll just post a different link with the opposite opinion or ghost the thread.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You cite a source to "prove" whatever you want. I'm sure I could find one that notes my claim and the opposite so what's it matter? Believe what you want. There is "research" to prove anything you want to prove. I don't get why people are obsessed with link posting here. It doesn't get anyone to change their mind. They'll just post a different link with the opposite opinion or ghost the thread.

No, quite the opposite. Show a peer reviewed double blind study then that is proof. A link to a blog etc is just chatter.

• singingflutelady
    Options
    So you don't have research to back your claims...
  • mph323
    Options

I'm...speechless.
  • stylistchicky
    stylistchicky Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I am mostly plant based...NO DAIRY. Did you know humans should not consume dairy products? That aside milk has more hormonal side effects than soy IMO. I have a disorder that is forever progressive, especially with extra estrogen present in my system. Giving up dairy products has almost completely helped that situation. Less pain and tumor growth has shrunk and less swelling in said tumors. I eat Silk soy yogurt 2 or 3 times a week and it doesn't bother me...cashew milk for shakes. There is nut milk yogurt that I will switch to if the soy becomes a problem. Have you tried Almond yogurt?
    Try researching dairy and hormones. Did you know humans are the only species to drink milk once weaned from mom.
    The Silk Yogurt is NON GMO certified, (some flavors may not be though) which is more strict than USDA Organic.
    BTW to the person that said "soy is ok...no research shows soy to be a problem."
    98% of Soy in the US is GMO. Soy indeed does produce estrogen in the body and men should stay away from it. My doctors at the Mayo Clinic informed me of this. Although as stated above I am starting to believe dairy is worse....its loaded with hormones.

What a load of nonsense, most animals will drink milk given a chance, they just can't process it to do so. We can.

Can you provide links to some of the "Research" you have read on this as I'm being honest here, I've not seen or read any?

".. criticizing milk in America is like taking on motherhood, apple pie, or baseball."

As you can tell from this feed...criticism of milk will get you berated and belittled hardcore. I should just ALWAYS flipping say,
    "My experience, my Mayo Clinic Doctor and hundreds of his patience, friends and family experiences has been dairy wasn't not a healthy option for us and we have had improved health by giving it up....including weight loss...Again this is our experience".

I encourage you to do your own research always. Come to your own conclusion. There are so many websites about this. Its a very tough decision and not a popular one. Even when I go out to dinner people make fun of me, even though its very bad for ME and my health condition. I let them...I have thick enough skin. I do not waste my breath trying to talk about the negative effects.
    I really don't care if people lay down on the ground and suck it straight from the cow.
    I was talking to another fellow plant based lifestyle adult....otherwise I never would have brought it up. This feed was even titled plant based nutrition. The only reason non plant based folks come in here is to start a fight or pick on others. But hey its everyones right to voice their opinion....they are like as*holes everyones got one, including me! I am not necessarily talking about you, just in general.
    I hope you are having a blessed day.

http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/06/24/dairy-6-reasons-you-should-avoid-it-at-all-costs-2/

http://www.bustle.com/articles/137195-7-reasons-milk-is-bad-for-you

• singingflutelady
    Options
    So milk is bad for YOU. That doesn't make it as for the majority of people so why say dairy is bad when it's not.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

".. criticizing milk in America is like taking on motherhood, apple pie, or baseball."

As you can tell from this feed...criticism of milk will get you berated and belittled hardcore. I should just ALWAYS flipping say,
    "My experience, my Mayo Clinic Doctor and hundreds of his patience, friends and family experiences has been dairy wasn't not a healthy option for us and we have had improved health by giving it up....including weight loss...Again this is our experience".

I encourage you to do your own research always. Come to your own conclusion. There are so many websites about this. Its a very tough decision and not a popular one. Even when I go out to dinner people make fun of me, even though its very bad for ME and my health condition. I let them...I have thick enough skin. I do not waste my breath trying to talk about the negative effects.
    I really don't care if people lay down on the ground and suck it straight from the cow.
    I was talking to another fellow plant based lifestyle adult....otherwise I never would have brought it up. This feed was even titled plant based nutrition. The only reason non plant based folks come in here is to start a fight or pick on others. But hey its everyones right to voice their opinion....they are like as*holes everyones got one, including me! I am not necessarily talking about you, just in general.

http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/06/24/dairy-6-reasons-you-should-avoid-it-at-all-costs-2/

Research would be a peer reviewed scientific journal entry, not just a web page. Any one can make a webpage and say what they want.

As I said before, I could find a website that states aliens live among us, or aliens run the country, but that doesn't make it true.

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20304540

MS:
    The effects of n-3 LC-PUFA-supplemented dairy products on cardiovascular risk factors in mildly hypertriacylglycerolemic patients (TAG: ≥1.5 mmol/L) were determined.
    METHODS:
    Fifty-one patients (25 f, 26 m) were included in the double-blind, placebo-controlled cross-over study and were randomly divided into two groups. Both groups received intervention (3g n-3 LC-PUFA/d) and control dairy products consecutively for fifteen weeks with a ten-week wash-out phase between the two treatments. Blood samples and 24-h urine were obtained at the beginning and at the end of each period. The blood lipids were determined by enzymatic methods and using the autoanalyser Synchron LX systems (Beckman Coulter). 7,8-Dihydro-8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine and fatty acids were analysed with HPLC and GC.
    RESULTS:
    Generally, the consumption of the intervention products resulted in a significant improvement of cardiovascular risk factors, e.g., n-3 FA index, AA/EPA ratio, total cholesterol, and TAG. The TAG and LDL/HDL ratio were lower at the end of the intervention period in comparison with the control period, whereas HDL cholesterol was higher at the end of the intervention period. Further, n-3 LC-PUFA-enriched products did not cause additional oxidative DNA damage as shown by the 7,8-dihydro-8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine excretion.
    CONCLUSIONS:
    The consumption of n-3 LC-PUFA-supplemented dairy products decreases cardiovascular risk factors.
    TRIAL REGISTRATION:
    ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00639041.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    I have a disorder which makes raw vegetables a bad choice. I'm sure I'd get the same reaction if I posted that they are bad because they are bad for me.
  • PublicBiker
    PublicBiker Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well, I got some really great feedback on how to spruce up my meals to meet my protein and fat goals. Thank you all for those!

On to a new day, and up with the exercise!!
  • littlechiaseed
    Options
    So milk is bad for YOU. That doesn't make it as for the majority of people so why say dairy is bad when it's not.

It's def bad for people that are lactose intolerant

• singingflutelady
    Options

It's def bad for people that are lactose intolerant

But that's not what she is saying. She's saying it's bad for EVERYONE
  • mph323
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Excellent!
  • littlechiaseed
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I have a masters degree and an article published in a scientific journal. I think I know alittle bit about reputable sources.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options

I'm not in America and did you actually read those links you posted? Just some random persons opinion with no science cited.

I'm not picking on anyone, just asking for people to show where their opinion has come from, the sources behind it.

This discussion has been closed.