Plant based nutrition and weight loss

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me which animal takes the milk from the mother of young nursing babies? Like pull up to the nursing mother and latch on as an adult. For example a lion cub, the mother and father stay together...does the dad or any other in the pride take the milk? This is a honest question?

I know cats will drink cow milk from the teat. Granted, I've only seen cats lap milk from a cow teat being expressed by a human, not saunter up to the udder and latch on.

Many animals will accept the milk of another if offered.
  • stylistchicky
    stylistchicky Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Overconsuming calories made him gain weight...

Oh! You know him? Wow! Small World!
    He actually isn't overweight...he struggled to gain weight in a way very similar to how some are to lose weight...What happened is his gut came back and and his face is as puffy as I have ever seen it. But he still has all his muscle. I ran into him at the gym, he actually said he hadn't changed much of his food...still used the muscle prep meals but he drinks milk now... so for breakfast and post workout and a glass with dinner.

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me which animal takes the milk from the mother of young nursing babies? Like pull up to the nursing mother and latch on as an adult. For example a lion cub, the mother and father stay together...does the dad or any other in the pride take the milk? This is a honest question?

Can anyone name an animal that cooks its food prior to eating it?
  • stylistchicky
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

I know cats will drink cow milk from the teat. Granted, I've only seen cats lap milk from a cow teat being expressed by a human, not saunter up to the udder and latch on.

Many animals will accept the milk of another if offered.
    But without human intervention??...thats the question. Thats already been discussed...if offered animals will likely drink. But out in the wild left to their own natural devices no human intervention. Do they drink another species milk...or their own for that matter?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Do you cook your food? Since no other animal does that you shouldn't because it is unnatural
  • stylistchicky
    Options
    Do you cook your food? Since no other animal does that you shouldn't because it is unnatural

Sigh....you are fairly aggressive in regards to my question.
  • stylistchicky
    Options

Okay so one article about a few stray cats and a bird in one particular region...only observed once. So its not natural in nature...its a anomaly?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    "Ant Farm: These Insect Cowboys Harvest, Herd and Milk" http://modernfarmer.com/2014/04/meet-earths-oldest-farmers-ants/
  • stylistchicky
    Options
    "Ant Farm: These Insect Cowboys Harvest, Herd and Milk" http://modernfarmer.com/2014/04/meet-earths-oldest-farmers-ants/

Specifically speaking about animal species. Ants eat pretty much anything....kinda like flys, roaches, maggots....so on and so forth. You are giving Google its workout today. Thumbs up for doing research!!! Yaaas Girl!!
  • stylistchicky
    Options

Specifically speaking about animal species. Ants eat pretty much anything....kinda like flys, roaches, maggots....so on and so forth. You are giving Google its workout today. Thumbs up for doing research!!! Yaaas Girl!!

How dare you "thumbs up" me. You asked a question. I got curious and you poo-poohed everything I posted. Don't condescend to me now.

Wait what? Condensed you? I was being sincere. I am thrilled when people do their own research....I think its great. I do understand how tone of voice can be taken wrong over a forum with so much misplaced aggression. Sorry I didn't phrase my wording better. Have a good night Diannethegeek. Best wishes.
  • stylistchicky
    edited September 2016
    Options
    VegetaSKJ wrote: »
    My mistake, I thought this was planet based nutrition, as in getting in enough calories for bench pressing planets.
    Instead I find you humans arguing about if animals weaker than you get to keep their sustenance and life energies to themselves.
    Look, if the cows don't want you taking their milk, maybe they'll evolve some hands to keep you from it. Until then, aren't you just disrespecting the work of the farmer who risks his life milking those cows - the are one of the more dangerous animals on your planet by injuries to people after all.

A little research on what happens to the dairy cows to get their milk might explain why they might be a little agressive. *IN My Opinion* Have a good evening.
This discussion has been closed.