New to keto!

Options
Hello everyone! I am just starting out the keto diet. I'd love to get some friends that are doing the same. So feel free to add me! I've looked up some boards and have seen some amazing success stories! Here's to my weight loss journey!

Replies

• deepwoodshiker
    deepwoodshiker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Keto has been working great for me. Let me know how you're doing and we can compare notes. Best of luck, hope to hear from you soon!
  • cami9273
    cami9273 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Keto has been working great for me. Let me know how you're doing and we can compare notes. Best of luck, hope to hear from you soon!
    Thank you so much!!!!!
  • BobbyBooSh4y
    BobbyBooSh4y Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Just make sure when coming off keto you slowly re-introduce carbs back into your diet so you don't gain the fat you worked so hard to lose right back!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Just make sure when coming off keto you slowly re-introduce carbs back into your diet so you don't gain the fat you worked so hard to lose right back!

Definitely come up with a maintenance plan. That's true for all diets, even MFP. The plan for the rest of your life is the key. Good luck OP!
    Also, if you're looking for support, consider joining one of the groups.
    This one is popular:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    (over 30k members!) as are a few others.
  • lchf4ever
    lchf4ever Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the keto diet! I have it as a lifestyle now, personally. Unlike when I used to eat so many carbs, I am now full of energy and strength (since I get most of my fat from protein) while lifting and while not! The thing is, though, if you plan on doing this, do NOT go back to having a lot of carbs, only 50 grams a day maximum. Above that and you will begin to store fat. Not eating starches, sugar, fruits, flour, gluten, and anything with corn helps me keep my carb count down. :)
  • dianedemoss08
    dianedemoss08 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started 5 days ago!! So exciting:) lets do this! I'm staying under 20 for now. What are you doing?
  • cami9273
    Options
    I started 5 days ago!! So exciting:) lets do this! I'm staying under 20 for now. What are you doing?

I'm staying under 20 as well! I'm very excited to see how it goes! I've been painstakingly researching this diet until I felt somewhat comfortable enough to start!

• cami9273
    Options
    lchf4ever wrote: »
    Good luck with the keto diet! I have it as a lifestyle now, personally. Unlike when I used to eat so many carbs, I am now full of energy and strength (since I get most of my fat from protein) while lifting and while not! The thing is, though, if you plan on doing this, do NOT go back to having a lot of carbs, only 50 grams a day maximum. Above that and you will begin to store fat. Not eating starches, sugar, fruits, flour, gluten, and anything with corn helps me keep my carb count down. :)

Thanks for the tip! I'm really hoping to make this a lifestyle! Bread and pasta were such a huge staple in my life!

• cami9273
    Options

Thanks for the tip!

• cami9273
    Options

Definitely come up with a maintenance plan. That's true for all diets, even MFP. The plan for the rest of your life is the key. Good luck OP!
    Also, if you're looking for support, consider joining one of the groups.
    This one is popular:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    (over 30k members!) as are a few others.

Thank you!

• aferguson87
    aferguson87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day!
  • cami9273
    Options
    Today was my first day!

Awesome! Good luck! I sent you a request!