The cheese appreciation thread

Options
joshperson195
joshperson195 Posts: 819 Member
edited September 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I like cheese a lot... Like, a lot a lot. All shapes, tastes and sizes. I love cheese. Who else just really freaking likes cheese??!
wffrth6feqfe.jpg

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Me! Feta, ricotta, aged old white cheddar, Parmesan, mozzarella, and more cheddar right now.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I discovered Irish cheddar recently. Very cheddary!
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    And Gruyere, Balsamic Bellavitano.
  • bwhitty67
    bwhitty67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Cheese lover :). My friend brought me back some curds from Wisconsin oh my... Good stuff!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Aged gouda is a favorite of mine!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Love Brie, smoked Gouda, port wine cheese, goat cheese....I went to the Cabot cheese factory when I was in Vermont a few years ago. It was Awesome!!!
  • andrea_nichol
    andrea_nichol Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm eating some cheese right now.
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Mozzarella and Parmesan!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I love cheese...cheese doesn't love me.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Love it. Probably my favourite (that I don't buy very often because it's so creamy and delicious and hard to keep to a reasonable portion size!) is Mersey Valley Cheddar from Tasmania. Not sure if that's available outside Australia though. Or really any bitey cheddar like the Margaret River Cheese Factory ones.

Day to day I'm more likely to eat swiss slices (yum!) or Bega light/tasty slices - which are pretty good for reduced fat cheese, mostly because it's easier to keep an eye on how much I'm eating. Oh and laughing cow is a regular snack of mine, though that's not really proper cheese.
  • Kib13
    Kib13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love St Angel Brie. It's a triple cream and a little goes a long way. So creamy and buttery.

Haystack Mountain Goat Cheve in Marinade is a long time favorite! 8 ounces of Cheve in a marinade of olive oil and herbs. Lovely in salad or just by itself with a spoon! :)

Cypress Grove's Humboldt Fog is amazing! Put it on a simple thin cracker with a small dab of honey. Oh my!

Cowgirl Creamery's Red Hawk is so good! The rind is stinky, but the cheese is creamy and sweet! Yes please!

Parrano. So good! Love it sliced thin and eaten with Honeycrisp apples.

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Cheese is life. It's the one thing I have to eat every day! A fine chunk of Stilton paired with a crisp apple or some juicy grapes.... Heaven!!
  • ashleyfovargue
    ashleyfovargue Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think I could eat grilled halloumi for every day of my life and never tire of it. :)
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    @Alatariel75 Brilliant!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    @Alatariel75 Brilliant!

I can't take credit, but I do love it! And I love cheese!!
  • OneWayOnlyCycles
    OneWayOnlyCycles Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Cheese is my downfall. Now I use the Sargento ultra thin slices which are only 40 calories each and are Real Cheese. I save my calories sometimes so I can eat cheese in bed with no guilt.