September (2016) Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 7 miles
    9/2 - 6 miles
    9/3 - rest day - cross country meet but I noticed I put in about 3.5 miles running all over the course ha ha
    9/4 - 5 awful miles
    9/5 - 5 not as awful miles
    9/6 - 6 still kinda crappy feeling miles

26 out of 115 miles

exercise.png

Still not feeling the best while running. Taking a rest day tomorrow, not sure how much I'll be running the next 5 days or so. Heading to Florida in the morning, my Mom is still in the hospital and trying to deal with doctors from here just isn't working. My Aunt and brother live there, but my Aunt thinks I need to come down to kick some doctor *kitten* so that's my plan.
  • Marjael
    Marjael Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    -5.77 mile hike on Saturday (not included in ticker mileage)
    -Didn't do a whole lot Sunday or Monday
    -4.13 mile run this morning - awful, awful run. Barely got started and I tripped - took a hard enough tumble downhill that it knocked the wind out of me and left a 2-3 ft bare spot and a pile of pine needles and ants that I plowed up where I landed. It was the ants that finally got me to pull myself up off the ground. Fell a second time, just as hard, a mile later. I have no idea what twigs I tripped over, but both times I know I was worrying over my stupid HRM strap that kept coming unclasped. *grumble* Fortunately, no injuries that I couldn't walk off, but between stopping to re-clasp the HRM strap and worrying over a 3rd trip, it totally killed my pace.

exercise.png
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    23.96% of goal

01-Sep: 7.59 miles
    02-Sep: 6.87 miles
    03-Sep: 10.04 miles
    04-Sep: <Life Day>
    05-Sep: 6.27 miles (Macon Labor Day Road Race)
    06-Sep: 5.17 miles
    07-Sep:
    08-Sep:
    09-Sep:
    10-Sep:
    11-Sep: <Life Day>
    12-Sep:
    13-Sep:
    14-Sep:
    15-Sep:
    16-Sep:
    17-Sep:
    18-Sep: <Life Day>
    19-Sep:
    20-Sep:
    21-Sep:
    22-Sep:
    23-Sep:
    24-Sep:
    25-Sep: <Life Day>
    26-Sep:
    27-Sep:
    28-Sep:
    29-Sep:
    30-Sep:

exercise.png

A hair ahead on my goal, but this morning was not a great run. It was nice and cool, but I still had several moments of "I don't want to be doing this now..." - still finished it up. Need to figure out the mid-day/end-of-day run, because all of my victims friends in training have crapped out for today, so that kinda smacks my motivation.
    But race season has begun, and I wanna do better, so I gotta train better.

Maybe it's just a lack of bed time. Prob need to improve that. And eat better. Now that Birthday Week for SWMBO has ended, maybe I can get back "on the stick" with the diet.

Upcoming Races:
    10-Sep: Glazin' a Trail Donut Run 5K, Centerville
    17-Sep: Race for Education 5K, Warner Robins
    24-Sep: Georgia Golden Olympics 5K
    22-Oct: S.C.A.R.E. 5K, Macon
    29-Oct: Jay's Hope 10K, Macon
    05-Nov: Ridge Run 5K, Macon
    12-Nov: FUMC 5K, Warner Robins
    03-Dec: Reindeer Run (10K), Macon
    26-Dec - 01-Jan: Random running in JAPAN!
    14-Jan: Museum of Aviation HM, Warner Robins
    04-Mar: Albany/Snickers HM, Albany
    25-Mar: Cherry Blossom Road Race 10K, Macon
    08-Apr: Running for Ronald 10K/15K, Macon
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Lots to catch up on, so I've skimmed through the last few pages. I got in zero running over the long weekend. Spent all weekend working on building a chicken coop. It's now mostly done, but will probably take a couple more evenings worth of work to get finished. I have been skipping lots of weekend runs lately, as we've been working long days on our feet (building fences, etc). All the standing around makes my ankle and heel absolutely achy and swollen. Don't think running on top of all that is a great idea. I could probably get the morning run in no problem, but the rest of the day might be a disaster...And, right now, getting stuff done is more important. Have to finish moving!

@dkabambe - Good call cutting the run short. Having an off gait, even slightly, is a recipe for injury. That's the reason I took 2 months off running before my ankle surgery. My gait was off due to the inflammation in my left ankle, and that was causing me to injure and reinjure my right ankle and leg repeatedly.

@WhatMeRunning & @Elise4270 - Sounds like we all may be limping across the finish line together in November. LOL
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    So at first I was bummed when I was asked to go with our supervisor of new hires and our new hire out to lunch today, because I was planning on getting 5 miles in, and really wanted it done and out of the way since I got too little sleep last night (100% my own fault, I stayed up late reading. #bookwormproblems). However, I just found out we're going to the really awesome Portuguese steakhouse in my town, so now I'm not so upset! Will be running this evening after work, at least it'll be even cooler than it would have been at lunch time!
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Chip times are posted for the Macon Labor Day Road Race. Consulting my anal-retentive spreadsheet, I note that I missed my PR by 12 seconds (on chipped races). Makes me both proud and a bit miffed at the same time. Really should've pushed just a little bit harder.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Sept 1-5.9 miles + 0.6 miles with puppy
    Sept 2-7.5 miles
    Sept 3- 14 hilly miles
    Sept 4-rest day-long hike
    Sept 5-4.0 miles + 0.6 miles with Stella

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    Chip times are posted for the Macon Labor Day Road Race. Consulting my anal-retentive spreadsheet, I note that I missed my PR by 12 seconds (on chipped races). Makes me both proud and a bit miffed at the same time. Really should've pushed just a little bit harder.

12 seconds! Still a great effort (says the one on muscle relaxers, laying flat, afraid to move and has to drive dd to a doc appointment 2 hours away this afternoon to listen to country music in the waiting room).

Way to run though! Consistency is stellar! You'll get 'em next time boss!
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    While September isn't going very well injury wise I've been able to still push through and stay on schedule, 20 of 100 down.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 4 miles. Weather was beautiful! Had to cut it short because I hit snooze too many times.
    9/2 - Unplanned rest day. Apparently yesterday's snoozing was due to impending illness. First virus of the new school year.
    9/3 - 8.09 mile group run. Again, beautiful weather! Plus, virus seems gone.
    9/4 - Normal rest day. Way overate at family picnic.
    9/5 - 5.06 miles.
    9/6 - Bodypump class, followed by Abs/Core class.
    exercise.png
  • ccontr11
    ccontr11 Posts: 25 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    There was a hint of autumn in the air... I'm getting so excited for Halloween and cool weather! The heat was real this year in Arizona.

exercise.png

• 5512bf
    5512bf Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    9/1 AM - 4.02 - Easy
    9/1 PM - 6.0 - Easy Indoor track
    9/2 - Unplanned Rest
    9/3 - 5.01 - Easy
    9/4 - 17.01 - Long w/ 2x3 miles at GMP + 1x2 Miles @ GMP
    9/5 - Rest
    9/6 - 5.0 MP - Indoor Track

Total 37.03 of 255 Miles

Was unusually hot this morning 75 degrees 80% humidity with 20 MPH winds. I knew it was going to be tough time wise to get my complete workout in this morning so I decided to split it up. I'm scheduled for 11 total with 1200M intervals. It was too hot/humid/windy to run those so I went to the gym and ran on the track before work. Did 5 miles at MP which wasn't too terribly difficult in the comfort of air conditioning. Will most likely head back after dinner to do the 6x1200M intervals on the treadmill. Will probably get in a few extra miles over 11 depending on how much warmup I need before starting in on the VO2Max intervals.
  • ending_start
    ending_start Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A little late to the party but I'd like to join in on this challenge; My goal will be 150km for September.

9/5 - 5km

Was pretty hot on Monday; was not a pretty 5km.

Remaining: 145km
  • lporter229
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning - Hang in there. Coming back from an injury sucks, but it has been my experience that I always come back quicker and end up being stronger. Somehow, I think our bodies make tremendous gains during that period of rest. Take it slow and steady, and before you know it, runs that were difficult before will be easy.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @whatmerunning - thank you. She's been in since Wed of last week, but trying to track doctors down and all from here is impossible. My brother lives with her, but doesn't seem to be of much help.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom I hope your mother improves with you there monitoring things and pushing a few buttons.

To everyone injured..........I'm so sorry.............I really hate being injured. I'm fighting a bit of a knee issue and monitoring it right now but may have to cut back myself. Haven't decided yet what I'm going to do. Right now I'm just wearing a sleeve, foam rolling, stretching and icing. I can make it through a run but it does hurt a little. Next day it seems fine though.....weird.

09/01 – Unplanned Rest Day but swam 45 minutes this afternoon (too hot here to run)
    09/02 – 3 miles – Pretty slow pace but faster than last run and AVG HR only 139
    09/03 – 1.3 miles around basketball court at gym + 90 min strength training
    09/04 – 4 miles, middle two faster, AVG HR 148
    09/05 – Party Day
    09/06 - 3.26 miles – AVG HR 149………one hill

exercise.png

• lporter229
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom -Sorry, I must have missed what is happening with your mom. Having a sick parent is rough. Wishing her, and you, well.
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    @Orphia Haha it's so funny to see that pic, reminds me you are living on the other side of the planet. Canola was flowering 4-5 months ago here.

Date.....Distance..Type/min/km

September 1 - 12.8km - Tempo&Reps/4:20, 3:30
    September 2 - 7.7 km - Easy/6:00
    September 3 - 6.1 km - Easy/6:30
    September 4 - 17.2km - MP/4:35
    September 5 - rest
    September 6 - 8.0 km - Easy/6:05

exercise.png

03/04: Bucharest 10k and Family run 48:28
    16/04: Color Run Bucharest
    17/04: Forest Run 5k 22:05
    04/06: Happy Run 5k 21:57
    22/07: Bucharest After9Cross 9.5k 49:03
    28/08: Fox Trail Half Marathon (10k) 48:28
    18/09: Baneasa Trail Run (10k)
    25/09: Black Sea 10k
    09/10: Bucharest International Marathon (Half Debut)