Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    9/1 - 7 miles
    9/2 - 6 miles
    9/3 - rest day - cross country meet but I noticed I put in about 3.5 miles running all over the course ha ha
    9/4 - 5 awful miles

15 out of 115 miles

5 beyond horrible miles at 12:20 pace. Worse run since Cotton Row in May. I went out for my long run and barely got 2 miles in before I started to feel weak in the legs like I was going to pass out. I walked some and tried again and it never got better. I did an out and back on my 10 mile route and went home. You know it's bad and you look bad when the cop who sits on the greenway asks if you need a ride back in the golf cart. I went to the store and got a Mountain Dew and in about 15 mins felt a lot better. Oh yeah I got back to my car and my water jug had leaked all over my car floor LOL That was after yesterday when the 5 gallon cooler for XC fell over in the back of Skip's SUV and went all over everything. Not a good weekend ha ha
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    9/1 - 4.8 miles
    9/2 - strength training
    9/3 - 34 miles biking
    9/4 - 63 miles biking (100 KM metric century!) (practice for next weekend's possible 100 miles :fearful:

exercise.png

Upcoming races
    2/5/17 - Daytona Beach HM
    2/26/17 - Disney Princess HM Orlando
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    9/1 - 4 miles running
    9/2 - 2.2 miles walking
    9/3 - 4.2 miles running
    9/4 - 3.4 miles walking

I was too lazy this morning to get up early and go run. I am kind of angry at myself for that. I need to take advantage of this gorgeous early morning weather. Tomorrow I have my son staying by me, so I won't be able to go running in the morning, so it will have to be an afternoon run. Praying it's not too hot out, because I want to do a long run and maybe try for 6 miles.

Regardless, I was able to fit in a walk this afternoon while at my mom's house (It had to be a walk because I didn't have my running shoes with me). Her area is always so nice and quiet. Kinda wish I lived out here.

exercise.png

• BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    8/29 3.02 miles
    8/30 26.3 miles
    8/31 10.04 miles
    9/1 13 miles
    9/2 off day
    9/3 23 miles
    9/4 off day

Finished the week with 76.4 miles run.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Regular Sunday morning Club Run. Over half of our regular running members are at a Wine Run in Kelowna, BC so it was a small group of 4. Unfortunate for me as I was the slow poke of the group so I split off for an easy ( that's a very relative term if you call rolling hills easy ) Trail Loop around the foot of our Local Ski Hill - Misery Mountain - 8.0 km in 47:48 ~ 5:58/km. Yea I am back to sub 6/km.
    Still a long way from my pre-injury 5:29/km but a work in progress.
    The other 3 are in a Training Cycle for the 2016 BMO Okanagan Marathon as it is a qualifier for the 2018 Boston Marathon. I did not want to interfere with their planned run which is the main reason I split off on my own. We still met for Coffee and Socializing so it's all good.

09/01 – 0.0 km – 0.0 - 140 km goal – 842.7 km
    09/02 - Rest
    09/03 - Planned 20km but Horizontal Rain and 6C = Stay Home, stay warm and drink hot chocolate.
    09/04 – 7.5 km – 7.5 – 132.5 km – 850.2 km YTD

Planned events
    Sept 11 - Don't Get Lost in the Woods - 10km Bush Trails @ the X-Country Ski-Club
    Sept 23 - Roots and Ruts - 10km - Rough Bush Trail
    Nov ??

• vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date     Miles      MTD
    ------   -----    -------
    Sep  1     0.0      0.0 
    Sep  2     6.5      6.5 
    Sep  3     4.3     10.8 
    Sep  4     5.1     15.9

exercise.png
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Today was long run day, and it was glorious! Temps ranging from mid-70s up to almost 80, low humidity, breezy. I really can't wait for fall! And this was an odd sort of a PB for me. This was the first time I've run 12 miles with hills. I think only the 3rd 12 mile run I've ever done, last Sunday's was the 2nd (the first was several years ago) , and it was on my totally flat route. Today, I went out to what is currently my most challenging route and went for it. And it was fantastic! Did it a half minute faster than last Sunday's totally flat 12 miles and managed to make the final mile my fastest (overall avg pace 11:07, final split 10:17) despite that final mile including a hill! No major elevation changes, but as you can see in the graph just lots and lots and lots of ups and downs, lol.

stdejddpd4bd.png

South Nyack 10 Miler – 9/11
    Adirondacks Half Marathon – 9/25
    Sleepy Hollow 10k – 10/22
    Bay of Fundy Half Marathon – 6/25/17
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I haven't run yet and today is already the 4th! I ate too many sweets two days ago and my stomach hasn't been right since. Hoping that I'll feel up to it in the morning and will get back on track!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    1TheQueenB wrote: »
    Unfortunately I haven't run yet and today is already the 4th! I ate too many sweets two days ago and my stomach hasn't been right since. Hoping that I'll feel up to it in the morning and will get back on track!

I bet a run will set ya right :wink:
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    1TheQueenB wrote: »

I bet a run will set ya right :wink:

I think you are right!!!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    It was a beautiful morning for a long run, partly cloudy and 67F when we started out and maybe 70ish when we got home! I wanted to run the big hill that is sort of nearby and I did - I just should have arranged my run to do it earlier than mile 9 though! The hill isn't long, maybe a half mile up to the top, but it is steep. It starts slowly and then goes up dramatically with a 9-12% grade and 100+ foot change, so it is definitely a challenge. I ran up and over, down the backside (considered stopping at Starbucks at the bottom :) but turned around and went back up and over. My pace was pretty easy although my HR was high most of the run. The first 8 miles were all around an 11-11.5 pace, as were miles 10-12. The hill and the last 2 miles home were much slower at over a 12 min pace. By the time we were almost home my legs had nothing left and my heel was really cranky. I wore my old (retired) Altras to see how my heel would do and it was fine until I was running back down the steepest part of the hill. I could see it in my time graph because I was surprisingly slower coming down that part of the hill than going up it!
    I am ordering new shoes tonight, most likely another pair of Altras. My Skoras have too many miles on them (600 on one pair and 700 on the other) and the company is out of stock until later this year. Apparently they really underestimated demand. I am hoping new shoes will help my heel issue.

Date.........Miles........Total
    09/01.......5.23.........5.23 + Strength training and Rally
    09/02.......4.67.........9.90 - SLOG Run
    09/03.......0.00.........9.90 - Rest
    09/04.....13.87.......23.77

exercise.png

Upcoming Races - Let me know if you will be running too!
    02/07/16 - Surf City Half Marathon
    02/20/16 - Divas Half Marathon - Temecula
    07/04/16 - SHEPower Virtual Half Marathon
    07/31/16 - San Francisco 2nd Half Marathon
    08/21/16 - Tiki Beach 10k, Huntington Beach

09/18/16 - Beat the Blerch Half Marathon, Seattle
    11/19/16 - USA Invitational Half Marathon (Yay, I qualified again!)
    12/18/16 - San Diego Holiday Half Marathon
    02/05/17 - Surf City Half Marathon
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp congrats on your age group win!! Sounds like a challenging course. Great running weather.

8/4 - 2.3 miles squeezed in
    I was planning on a run in the morning but got caught up in cleaning my house (which hasn't happened in a long time so I didn't want to stop my momentum). Finally finished and then realized I needed to hustle to make it to an afternoon wedding so did a relatively short run. Lots of people out on the trails today enjoying the beautiful long weekend.

• untermrad
    untermrad Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sunday is supposed to be long run day. I didn't wake up in time to avoid the heat and felt sick, so I didn't push myself to the full time this week, but I did make sure to at least get in 6.3 miles.

9/1 6.3 miles
    9/3 6.2 miles, split into two equal runs as I started out way too fast.
    9/4 6.3 miles
    exercise.png

@Orphia Thank you! I got into running in 2014.
    @_nikkiwolf_ Thank you!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

September goal.....run/jog/prance

9/1 3.12
    9/2 4-ish (technology malfunction...)
    9/3 strength/core training
    9/4 3.18

Total 10.30

Upcoming races:
    Las Vegas RocknRoll Half 11/13/16

Ticker is my goal for 2016 and accumulation to date:
    exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Congrats @MobyCarp on your AG win.

Here is a rant about wimpy ultra runners who love to rant.

http://midpackzach.com/wimps-and-whiners-kindly-*kitten*-off/

The actual url won't work because mfp *kitten*ed it. I think that is funny. lol

just replace *kitten* with the f word or hit quote for the actual correct url.
  • 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    2.3 miles today, I'm slowly getting back into running again. 6.7 miles in total so far, 23.3 miles to go :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @Orphia I was going to say to enjoy your taper - but then I saw that tapering is not cool any more :)
    My coach's plan calls for a 2-week taper before my half, which consists of running shorter and easier base runs 5 days of the week in the first week of taper and a 75-90 minute long run. Then the week before the race, short base runs on Sunday and Monday, a "sharpener" on Tuesday (1 x 3 minute hard effort), off on Wed and Fri, short base on Thurs, very easy 15 minutes the day before the race.

@katharmonic Thanks! That taper sounds pretty hard! :smile:

MobyCarp wrote: »
    My mile splits reflect the character of the course. The first three miles are on asphalt, with minimal elevation change. (Miles 1 to 3, 6:46, 6:44, 6:54) Then comes the gravel road, up a bit before the monster downhill. (Mile 4, 6:28) There are some minor rolling hills on the gravel, during which I have to gain 200 feet or so; then a minor climb on less than a mile of asphalt. (MIles 5 to 7, 6:58, 7:25, 7:12). There is a more gentle down on gravel, with some rolling hill. (Miles 8 to 10, 6:54, 6:52, 7:01). The monster hill starts at 10.6 miles per Garmin, and continues to perhaps 11.4 miles; then I need to recover with a bit of downhill gravel followed by an easy incline of asphalt. (miles 11 and 12, 7:14, 7:30). By the mile 12 marker, I know it's easy footing and minimal elevation change back to the school, then a short steeper paved downhill to finish on the track; so I try to run T for the road and pick it up to whatever I have left on the track. (Mile 13, 6:37; last 0.19 mile in 1:02 for a 5:32 pace).

@MobyCarp My brain cannot fathom that those splits are in time per mile, not kilometre. :open_mouth::smile:

Truly amazing. Love seeing what you do.

@Stoshew71 Quote doesn't work either, LOL! We should post a rant about that. :smile:

Here's a link to the rant that will work:

http://bit.ly/1TaCfS9

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp congrats on a great win and honey! ;) It sounds like you really had a great plan going in and stuck to it for the win.

@shanaber I hope the shoes help your heel.

I'm taking a rest day today since I have a houseful or "poolful" of people coming over today for a swim and BBQ. Back on the horse trail tomorrow with my Penny Lane and a 3+mile run. My left knee is bothering me slightly so I'm keeping an eye on that but otherwise I'm feeling good.

For those of us enjoying the Labor Day Holiday............I hope it's a good one!
  • libelulla1
    libelulla1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    9/1 3.0 mi (6mph avg, fastest in months)
    9/4 5.1 mi

Goal: 50 mi
    Total: 8.1 mi
    41.9 to go

Upcoming Race:
    Peachtree City Classic 15k 10/15/16