Progression 60 lbs down (several pics)

Options
clandrum84
clandrum84 Posts: 71 Member
edited September 2016 in Success Stories
So I started a thread before but the title was misleading, so I'm posting again. I have hit my next big milestone "60 Lbs" down! When I started this journey in January 2016 I never expected to be where I am today. People told me; "you'll burn out", "don't overdo it", "you can't eat that, you're on a diet", "you'll give up before you make it anywhere", "you might as well just give up now".

I've been told 100 times, take pictures and measurements. Well when you are nearing 300 lbs, you get to the point where measurements are pointless and you sure as heck don't want to see the pictures. You warn people to NOT take your picture or you'll break there phone in half! I only took progression pictures hesitantly and rarely posted them for anyone to see. I'm super proud of those pictures now and am excited to see what 70+, 80+, 90+ and 100+ lbs down look like! I feel better, have more energy for my kids, enjoy looking at clothes now, have worn a few dresses over the last few weeks!! WHAT??? I know, the girl that NEVER wears dresses has worn several over the last few months!

Here is one picture that really hit me hard! My husband and I took two of our kids to a Cincinnati Reds game. When I saw the picture of my face I couldn't believe how heavy my face looked.

d61c1vh5to5h.jpg

Here is a progression of 30+ lbs down.

4z6y71znwzcf.jpeg

Here is a progression of 40+ lbs down.

upm9husi9ale.jpeg

Here is a progression of 50+ lbs down.

q77tod9m47vh.jpeg

Here is a progression of 60 lbs down.

qdeca9ejouxc.jpg

Here is a difference in the size jeans... 24+ women's jeans to 18-20 women's jeans.

9vfj5dzgvk5d.jpg

Walked in my first ever 5K race. Got 3rd place for my age group!

w5yd8w5pww9u.jpg

Still working on myself. No where near my goal yet. Starting to focus more on what kind of exercises I'm doing, what foods I'm eating and making sure I take care of me! Just as a side note, no I have not eliminated anything from my daily intake, I still eat what I want, just am working on better choices now. I drink way more water now than I ever have before, and PS, I HATED WATER! I am finding things that motivate me like never before.

Feel free to add me if you want!

Replies

• efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girl! Keep up the great work. Thanks for sharing - please keep us posted with future updates.
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That's incredible-you are looking so good!! Bravo to your success!! Thanks for sharing!! :)
  • rcktgirl05
    rcktgirl05 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, what an inspiration!!
  • timetogetfit86
    timetogetfit86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Keep it up! Definitely an inspiration!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    So proud of you and happy for you!! Really heart-warming to see people taking control of their bodies/nutrition/fitness.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Awesome.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    clandrum84 wrote: »
    So I started a thread before but the title was misleading, so I'm posting again. I have hit my next big milestone "60 Lbs" down! When I started this journey in January 2016 I never expected to be where I am today. People told me; "you'll burn out", "don't overdo it", "you can't eat that, you're on a diet", "you'll give up before you make it anywhere", "you might as well just give up now".

I've been told 100 times, take pictures and measurements. Well when you are nearing 300 lbs, you get to the point where measurements are pointless and you sure as heck don't want to see the pictures. You warn people to NOT take your picture or you'll break there phone in half! I only took progression pictures hesitantly and rarely posted them for anyone to see. I'm super proud of those pictures now and am excited to see what 70+, 80+, 90+ and 100+ lbs down look like! I feel better, have more energy for my kids, enjoy looking at clothes now, have worn a few dresses over the last few weeks!! WHAT??? I know, the girl that NEVER wears dresses has worn several over the last few months!

Here is one picture that really hit me hard! My husband and I took two of our kids to a Cincinnati Reds game. When I saw the picture of my face I couldn't believe how heavy my face looked.

d61c1vh5to5h.jpg

Here is a progression of 30+ lbs down.

4z6y71znwzcf.jpeg

Here is a progression of 40+ lbs down.

upm9husi9ale.jpeg

Here is a progression of 50+ lbs down.

q77tod9m47vh.jpeg

Here is a progression of 60 lbs down.

qdeca9ejouxc.jpg

Here is a difference in the size jeans... 24+ women's jeans to 18-20 women's jeans.

9vfj5dzgvk5d.jpg

Walked in my first ever 5K race. Got 3rd place for my age group!

w5yd8w5pww9u.jpg

Still working on myself. No where near my goal yet. Starting to focus more on what kind of exercises I'm doing, what foods I'm eating and making sure I take care of me! Just as a side note, no I have not eliminated anything from my daily intake, I still eat what I want, just am working on better choices now. I drink way more water now than I ever have before, and PS, I HATED WATER! I am finding things that motivate me like never before.

Feel free to add me if you want!

You go !!!!! :)
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    OMG that's amazing! Well done you! x
  • clandrum84
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone. I started my highest weight of 286 and am currently teetering between 226-229.
  • dvdiamond11
    dvdiamond11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • clandrum84
    Options
    Great job!

Thanks!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job, you should be very proud
  • weightlosssweetspot
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing effort. Your family must be so proud of you. And most of all you must feel so proud of how well you have treated your body to make such a noticeable transformation. Keep up the fabulous effort. You're totally worth it!
  • eherald1
    eherald1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You are doing amazing. P.S. I am pretty sure we use to work together.
  • bluelilac102
    bluelilac102 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is so inspiring! Amazing job!
  • clandrum84
    Options
    1PoisonIvy wrote: »
    You have done an amazing job, you should be very proud

Thank you! I appreciate the support on MFP!
  • clandrum84
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing effort. Your family must be so proud of you. And most of all you must feel so proud of how well you have treated your body to make such a noticeable transformation. Keep up the fabulous effort. You're totally worth it!

Thank you! My husband and I have a combine weight loss of over 100 lbs since January 2016. We have both kind of stalled out but are working to change things up to kick start that loss again!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!