What do you look forward to doing once you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'll give you a different perspective January 1st 2016 my starting weight was 288. I'll throw in a couple excuse breakers for you. Last year double hip replacement I have an arthritic knee that needs to be replaced and an arthritic shoulder that needs to be replaced . My current weight is 208. To anyone who wonders if it's worth it believe me it is. Your life will change in ways that you cant understand.

Going clothes shopping and buying whatever you want and whatever color you want not just black and not paying extra for larger sizes.

Parking your car anywhere in the parking lot and not being exhausted walking to the store.

Being able to do things with your friends and family and not being the one lagging behind everybody.

When somebody squeeze in next to you in a parking space being able to slip into your car.

Less aches and pains in the joint.

Sleeping better.

Being able to sit in a restaurant seat or booth and not feel squeezed in.

Being able to sit in an airline seat comfortably and getting in and out of any Rent-A-Car without any issues.

Realizing you're going to have to change your driver's license because the picture and the wait don't

Unfortunately whether it's right or wrong people look at you differently. Women also smile at me differently.

These are just a few of the things I noticed. One last thing I want to add your confidence will increase ad you lose the weight. You start to build a little success and you take that success and you build another success and then you build another success on top of it. Pretty soon you'll be doing things that you would never consider doing just cause you have the confidence do it yes you will have your setbacks but in the long-term it is so worth it. I can't explain to you what it's meant to me. Good luck in your journey realize that it's worth it and more importantly you're worth it

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Feeling good.
    Feeling like I look good.
    Wearing normal-size clothes.
    Being able to move freely.
    Not worrying about fitting into a seat in: waiting room, airplane, etc.
    Not being discriminated against because I'm fat. (Even medical people do this, and I hate it.)
  • brooklynnpatton
    Options
    I'm looking forward to going shopping and loving what I see when I look in the mirror. I'm looking forward to being around my friends and not feeling like the biggest one there. I haven't worn a bikini since I was 12 - I can't wait until next summer!
  • cinnag4225
    cinnag4225 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of physical activity! One of my biggest bucket list items is volcano tours, and of course the ones I *really* want to do are the most physically demanding.
  • bmclogins
    bmclogins Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ditto shopping. Rubbing it in the face of my snarky sister-in-law. Ziplining. Bikini.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    So many things
    Sitting in any chair
    Sitting in a booth at a restaurant
    Having a great wardrobe
    Tennis
    Swimming
    Kayaking
    Long hikes
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm pretty much near my target weight having lost 50lbs since May and the no.1 difference has been in buying clothes. I have a newly-discovered love of buying clothes. Uniqlo, Asos, River Island are all available to me now. I gave literally all my old clothes to charity, nothing fit, and now have a hugely reduced wardrobe with 3 each of jumpers/ chinos/ jeans, 5 x smart trousers for work. I used to have to buy suits based on what was available in my size, now I've decided not to wear suits and do the smart trouser/shirt thing. I am an absolute Uniqlo nut, we're a perfect match!
  • abungay
    abungay Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Getting a bicycle, once I hit my goal weight or very close I am going to start biking. I think it will be fun, I haven't been on a bike since my early teens and I just want to ride again.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I train BJJ, so being able to compete in a weight division that doesn't and with "and up" is a huge motivation. Lol.

Getting flattened out by someone 40 lbs heavier than me is no fun at all.
  • nefudaboss
    nefudaboss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Climb mountain and do photoshoot with a few models can't wait just 4 more weeks
  • Ploofs
    Ploofs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Shopping for cute clothes... shopping for cute lingerie!
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    It may sound strange but I will start training for a marathon. Much easier to do that when these lbs are gone.

Oh and fit into some of my old clothes I love dearly. :smile:
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    neohdiver wrote: »
    Scuba diving. It is my reward for sometime this summer when I'm at or near my goal weight!

Don't know if you've ever tried it but if you haven't I'm sure you'll love it!
  • Missiz_B
    Missiz_B Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Being a great example for my children. Obesity/overweight runs in my family. I have a 14 yr old son who's 5'11" 245#
    He's a lineman for his HS football team. As much as his size/weight helps him in that part of his life I need him to be healthy and make better food choices. I also have a 12 yr old daughter who's 5'2" and about 130#
    She's at a stage in her life where how you look defines who you are and she feels thinner is better-thigh gap nonsense and what-not
    I've had to get on her because there would be times she skips breakfast and/or lunch and eats very little at dinner.
    My weight loss journey started almost 4 yrs ago, but I didn't start taking it seriously until about a month ago. Better late than never! Good luck to all of you, and I hope you all acomplish what you look forward to!
  • blk0110k
    blk0110k Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    wearing a long summer dress without looking like I'm 12 months pregnant at 46... and getting married in January!
  • SkinnyFatBGone
    SkinnyFatBGone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    New wardrobe.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Shopping. I love to shop when I am at my desired weight.
  • zharptichka
    zharptichka Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try horseback riding. And ziplining sounds awesome. Not being afraid to go to amusement parks because I'm worried about not being able to fit on the rides.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    a threesome