What do you look forward to doing once you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I have a bikini I just bought a few days ago, and while it fits, I have a few more pounds to lose before it looks best, so that's gonna be exciting. Wearing a bikini and being comfortable :)
    Also my mother in law is taking the whole family to Disneyland at the end of this year/beginning of next, and I just wanna look extra cute at Disneyland :)
  • mdrossmiller
    mdrossmiller Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I look forward to not getting diabetes or heart disease. I don't see any reason to wait until I'm a smaller size to achieve my goals.

And this.

Exactly.
  • ziki08
    ziki08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking back at my "now" pictures and thinking: "Wow, I've made so much progress!"
  • TricksterBreeze
    TricksterBreeze Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Be able to wear crop tops and show off my navel piercing.

Show my ex girlfriends and boyfriends that I'm hotter than them.

Lack of the damp material between my legs when I wear jeans.

Not caring when my skirt gets a bit high or my shorts ride kind of Daisy Duke.

So far I'm slaying the last two. (:
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    It sounds dumb now that I've written it down, but there's a group trip that my husband's friends go on every year to the beach. We haven't been able to make it in the last 4 years but we finally get to make it this year.
    My husband's ex wife will be there.
    She really hurt my husband. They were together for 13 years and she constantly cheated on him but he forgave her every time until she finally left him for a guy she was banging.
    I can't wait to be in a bikini and show everyone in this group how much my husband has upgraded.

this sounds like something id wanna watch
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Shopping!!! I haven't shopped in a while and I refuse to buy new things until I can buy them in size 6! (in the meantime i am shopping in my closet since I have stuff up to size 8).
    Wearing a two-piece swimsuit and show off my killer abs! (hope springs eternal. no loose skin etc.)

@Asher_Ethan I like your style lol

• augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Before I started this journey I made a deal with myself to stop putting my life on hold. There are a dozens reasons I've chosen to do that in minute little ways, and my weight has just been one justification to doing that.

So I really plan on doing the exact same things, but with more energy. I really miss sports - actual, competitive sports instead of the gym. I also like to idea of taking up new activities like dance in a very hardcore and dedicated way. And I look forward to playing and winning.

On a more superficial note, though, I do look forward to buying tasteful clothes - lol since becoming heavy I really have to put more time into my appearance to look polished and professional, and have developed way better taste then when I was actually thin. I also have more money. I look forward to buying nicer clothes than the Gap and Roxy casual clothes I wore the last time I was thin.

I'm 228 pounds right now. When I was 170 pounds, I went to this store in New York with money burning my pockets. It was a french brand called APC. They had all these beautiful, high quality clothes. And their largest size didn't fit me. That was the first time I had encountered a store that didn't have any clothes that would fit me - at the time I had just gained a bit of weight. I still remember all the skinny size 0, size 2 New York girls who worked there, with their perfect hair and flawless understated makeup. And interestingly enough, they were not catty about it at all - just really sweet and encouraging and talking about how they wish their clothing line was built for more "athletic" people, and that athletic people come in all the time and can't find clothes. lol, they were so nice about it. I've had to deal with a lot of semi humiliating and awkward clothing situations since I gained weight, but that brand made an impression on me because they were so nice about it and were clearly trying so hard not to make me feel bad. I won't be able to buy clothes from them this year, but I look forward to raiding their end of summer sale in 2017.

I'm also really looking forward to doing a crazy attention grabbing Halloween costume this year. I want to do three costumes - one sexy costume, for the night before Halloween, one geeky costume (like maybe a beetle), and maybe something silly or funny. Not sure yet.

• Hope4Beth
    Hope4Beth Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wearing clothing that has been hanging in my closet for two years. I have lots of nice things that I just haven't been able to fit into for a long time.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Being able to wear a bikini again!
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Being able to salsa confidently and move my body more effortlessly and without sweating!
  • _beachready
    _beachready Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've lived right across the beach all my life & my house has a pool, and I live in a small beach area that's very touristy, so it's fun... but I never get in because I am too self-conscious about how I look in a bathing suit.

I've never owned/bought a two-piece bathing suit, always onesies. So yeah, that's the first thing I'm doing, getting a biking and going to the beach.
  • cate320
    cate320 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Shopping! And actually liking what I see in the mirror. I should save up some money though, because I am totally going to want to buy ALL THE THINGS!~

In seriousness though, I am looking forward to hopefully getting my college level confidence back, and being more willing to put myself out there and get a better job. Right now, I feel like everyone treats me like I am dumb, or lazy just because of my weight, when I am neither of those things. :(
  • cassybubby
    cassybubby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Looking good in photos no matter what I'm doing!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I look forward to going back to maintainence
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I just want to feel okay about being in pictures and being seen by old acquaintances. I'm currently avoiding old friends because I've gained weight back, and I'm trying hard not to but kind of dreading photos being taken at my elopement wedding in two weeks. Bleh. But I'll survive. Gotta practice some self love in the mean time.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Not hurting every day, wearing clothes that aren't "frumpy," having energy.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    No longer hating most pictures of myself

Buying smaller (and hopefully cheaper and prettier) bras

Not feeling so self-conscious around my husband's family. They are nothing but kind to me, but all of them are skinny and fit. And they spend a lot of time at the beach!