What is the one food you can't even touch?

Options

Replies

• S2tupidAss
    S2tupidAss Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    daworley wrote: »
    You guys are making me really, really hungry :o For me it is Nacho Cheese Doritos, Brownies and miniature candy bars.

I started feeling hungry halfway reading your comment

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    What's your achilles tendon of food that you just can't do moderation with?

Potato chips. I eat one and I'm done. There goes the whole bag...
  • AmandaDanceMore
    AmandaDanceMore Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Cheese. I can't have cheese in the house. I will eat nothing but cheese until it is gone if it's in the house. I have absolutely no control.
  • dietcepheus
    dietcepheus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Never been much into cakes and pastries but... Rice, noodles and pasta, oh my! Can't get enough of the stuff.
  • sara_b0702
    sara_b0702 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Totally agree on pizza. French fries, onion rings... anything fried is hard to stop eating!!

Peanut butter - I've been doing pretty good so far in portioning but I have a nasty habit of getting too hungry and eating spoonfuls of it. Yikes!

• sara_b0702
    sara_b0702 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    mlee981 wrote: »
    I find if I'm eating ENOUGH of the RIGHT foods . I stress the word "ENOUGH" and "RIGHT" I do not crave junk or anything of the sort .

I used to be a big sucker for PB and J sandwiches, I still love em don't get me wrong but I found I was eating three of them a day at one point especially during the early months of recovery from anorexia .

Once I was weight restored , and my appetite naturally regulated (it's still regulating ) I no longer craved these foods, as my body didn't need them.

I started eating MORE whole foods, making my porridge in the morning with up to 100 grams of oats and a plant based milk alternative (preferably soy as its more nutrient and protein rich) instead of water, and eating plenty of bananas , whole grain rice , potatoes , BEANSSSS, fruits and vegetables .

When I fill up with good food I no longer feel so out of control around crap empty calorie foods , and can stop at 1 or 2 Oreos instead of 4-6 or the whole packet .

It's literally as simple as eating WHOLE food and eating ENOUGH .

If you have ever restricted your calories
    You will end up experiencing "reactive eating" (Google the term extreme hunger) and thus this is why diets do not work.

In terms of calories I eat between 2500-3000 calories on average , I go to the gym 5 times a week and do my best to walk everyday as its so good for you .

Calories are not created equally .

I've had anorexia , I used to believe the "calories in calories" out , which in a sense is true as its physics , but do you really think the body processes all the calories the same as a donut versus I dunno an apple?

No.

There's a study done on people eating nuts I believe it was almonds , and they found that a percentage of the almond calories were excreted via stool as the body couldn't process them.

Whole food is the way to go.

This is really only applicable to people who have had eating disorders. I understand exactly what you're saying, as I recovered from anorexia (and bulimia... and exercise bulimia...) as well. But for people who've never messed with their hunger cues or really built self-worth/esteem/heavily labeled things as "good" and "bad," this isn't as applicable.

It's a bit controversial to insist "calories are not created equally"... OK, more than a bit.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    RNinPitts wrote: »
    Donuts

Another for donuts.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Nachos. So many nachos.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Pizza, puppy chow, and DQ blizzards!
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Crunchy peanut butter - once opened must be consumed within 2 hours!
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Cheese. I can't have cheese in the house. I will eat nothing but cheese until it is gone if it's in the house. I have absolutely no control.

I feel you. I have a thing for super-aged cheddar. The more bitterly sharp the better. I almost brought some home from HEB last night and had to force myself to walk away because I knew the voice in the back of my head saying "I'll only eat what I can fit in my CICO" was lying!

I miss cheese :cry:
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Speculoos cookie butter. It will ruin my life. Talenti ice cream, especially the peanut butter pretzel. I don't think it has ever even made it to my freezer.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Tortilla Chips and Salsa/Queso
    Potato Chips/Crisps
    Cheez-its
    Coca-Cola

I still have these things occasionally. I just don't keep them at home. They haunt the *kitten* out of me if I know they're existing in the cabinet.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    LUHAN27 wrote: »
    When I read this thread title, I thought it was going to be about food I couldn't eat because I hated it lol.

Haha me too! I was all ready to type liver, kidneys and animal innards in general. Instead i walked into a thread that just served to make me hungry :lol:

I was going to say liver and organ meats in general too!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and cheese => 1 serving means the entire available quantity
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Ice cream
    Chocolate
    Sweeties
    Any kind of dessert

I physically can't have these things in my house. These are for eating out only.
  • ElleBellesTheoBear
    Options
    Ugh now I want a pb&j sandwich lol fml
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Sour candy (like someone above said, I can eat them until my mouth hurts! Recently read the nutrition on the bag of sour cherry blasters...9 candies is 140 cals, and I can easily consume 30-40 in a sitting!) ...nutella (Picture it: middle of the kitchen, in the dark, with a big spoon)...any small chocolate type things (too easy to pop in the mouth without realizing how many!)....