40 pounds down- inspiration with lots of pics

Options
Hey everybody,

I know it can be so hard to stick to clean eating and exercising so I hope my story can give you some strength to push through. In the end, it is so worth it!

Three and a half years ago I gave birth to my beautiful daughter. She was a huge baby and after my pregnancy my body looked like a battle field, stretch marks and flabby fat all over. I had gained over 35 pounds. After ignoring the mirror for a couple of months and taking the time to rest and get to know my child, I started walking a lot and joining a pilates class for moms. Myfitnesspal helped me restict my calorie intake and eventually change my diet. Breastfeeding made it managable to lose the first 15 pounds in a pretty short amount of time.

After about a year I started doing the free workout videos on fitnessblender.com, starting with a level 2 working my way all the way up to a level 4/5. Now I also run with runtastic and runzombie, do some inlineskating, cross training, HIIT, yoga... you name it! I love to keep my body guessing and my mind interested.

Here is my secret:
Take it a day at a time. Every day, try to do your best and if you fall off the horse because of birthday cake, caramel crunch ice cream or because you also have a life besides working out and eating right, don't give up. One day or one week or even a month of not doing the right thing does not mean that you've failed or that you can't do it. Every day marks a new chance to change your life. For me, change was a very slow, gradual thing but it is important to realize that it does not move in a straight line, but in waves. I had weeks during which I was sick or had to work a lot and ate crappy foods again. I gained weight again during those times. That is normal. Just get back on track as soon as you can. For me the periods of falling back into old habits got smaller and smaller and now I eat healthy and exercise on a super regular basis and if I don't, my body tells me I should. Usually, I feel bad mentally and physically if I go back to crappy foods even if it's just for a day. After three years (!!) it is a part of me now. I did it. Slow. Steady. But with chocolate in between :wink: And so can you!!!

Here the facts:

Height: 5'7
Starting weight: 190 pounds
Goal and current weight :smiley: : 150 pounds
Food: Vegetarian diet. Vegetables, fruits, eggs, nuts, grains, milk products, tofu etc. Cutting out most prcessed foods, eating as natural as possible on a daily basis. Carbs are not my enemy. In the beginning: calorie deficit of 500 calories/day, mostly due to working out. Now I eat about 2500 calories a day with an active life style.
Exercise: Walking and pilates/yoga, then running/HIIT/strength training/active life style (walking, going by bike, playing on the playground, swimming in the lake etc.)
Time: about 3 years

y2kyw42wvu1p.jpg

4fndmcc0imx4.jpg

4zq4g6ggrq2n.jpg

b6uofe7sil48.jpg

0dsmc2cb9bnw.jpg

qnjay32a4szr.jpg

Me now:
0i9rebksa357.jpg
8zmq3qgxwcmr.jpg

Replies

• Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! I've had four babies and getting that baby weight off is tough!
  • momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! You've done so well.
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Great job and great story. Thanks for posting and keeping the rest of us going!
  • stephyc2016
    stephyc2016 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Cheers!
  • ashlepersuasion
    ashlepersuasion Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Incredible!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Great Job. lookin hot. you have to feel great!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    This is just about the most perfect success story post I've ever read -at least for me :) Thanks for sharing and the advice - and you look freaking fantabulous!
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Love this story! You look wonderful and so happy!
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    You have collar bones now! That's my goal....awesome job...and great job capturing your success....
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thank you for sharing your story, very inspiring.
  • zimazoom
    zimazoom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Amazing! So inspirational!
    Thank You!
  • Mellybean1183
    Mellybean1183 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! Very inspiring and you look amazing.
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, you look amazing! Has anyone ever told you that you look like Claire Danes? Maybe I'm nuts, but I totally see it.
  • bluelilac102
    bluelilac102 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Those are amazing progress pics! Congrats!
  • asjt678
    asjt678 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You look amazing but I have to take the focus off of the weight loss for a bit. How the heck did you lose the stretch marks and get such gorgeous skin!!!!!????? :):):) you look fabulous from head to toe.
  • momwantsbodyback
    momwantsbodyback Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    DanerTee wrote: »
    Fantastic job, you look amazing! Has anyone ever told you that you look like Claire Danes? Maybe I'm nuts, but I totally see it.

Wow! Thanks!! :blush: That must be the best compliment ever! :smiley:
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Congratulations You look stunning. What a great loss. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!