Replies

• Timothyh27
    Timothyh27 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Timothyh27 wrote: »
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    Timothyh27 wrote: »
    BEST THREAD EVER!!! :D:D

I find that the BBC is sometimes to deep, but at least I never have to pay to receive it.
    Do you not pay for a license? BBC is the only one we pay for because no ad breaks.

They can't enforce it. Not allowed to enter your premises without a warrant and therefore accompanied by a police officer. They can't tell if you are watching live TV they can only tell that your TV is emitting radio waves. I wouldn't pay for it. By paying for a TV license you are paying to watch live TV not just the BBC and they do not give the money to other broadcasters.

You do get adverts too, just BBC adverts, advertising the BBC which the tax payer is not reimbursed for.

That said I am a fan of the BBC its programmes and services and think they are mostly impartial however I will never pay for a TV license.

Whhhoooo serious discussion overload :smiley:

^ this guy thinks he knows everything about BBC...but has probably never experienced in in real life

The BBC is everywhere now, in everyone's faces. I won't pay to have it in my face even though I do enjoy it being in my face.

:wink:

• hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    glad all these non-brits enjoy watching shows whose production british residents like myself have to pay for with our TV license - nice to see my £13 a month is making people around the world happy :)

I got really annoyed by their olympics coverage though, far too much focus on british athletes.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    hamlet1222 wrote: »
    glad all these non-brits enjoy watching shows whose production british residents like myself have to pay for with our TV license - nice to see my £13 a month is making people around the world happy :)

I got really annoyed by their olympics coverage though, far too much focus on british athletes.

The BBC is one of the few out there with the depth and coverage that has the potential for full market penetration.

I'm surprised to hear that you have to pay for the BBC, this is something most enjoy for free.
  • DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I keep trying to get my wife into the BBC, but she claims to not be interested. Anybody have any advice for me?
  • Timothyh27
    Timothyh27 Posts: 251 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Apparently once she go's BBC there's no going back.

Try and ease it into her slowly.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Learn to speak British, then you will get plenty of lovin!!!

Or maybe Aussie, if she's into Brit she might go bonkers over an Aussie accent!!!
  • edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Lmao
  • Sirius66TheBeat
    Sirius66TheBeat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    not the thread I was expecting after clicking in.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My friend is always coercing me to watch. It's annoying when the BBC is being shoved in my face all the time.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Ah, yes the BBC. Accept it. e7r5jdwddeqw.jpg
    show.jpg 226.7K
  • edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Lolll
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend sort of has an affinity for the BBC. She's pretty much hooked at this point and can't imagine going a day without it. I guess it's true for her, once you partake of the BBC....yada...yada. I don't mind though.
  • BrittaniMyChelle
    BrittaniMyChelle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was about to TOTALLY agree with your wife until I realized you were talking about television lol
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    What...I heard Atlantis is real good. That's a product of the BBC, right?
  • fit4life_78
    fit4life_78 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    :D:) I'm jealous of that network ;)
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I have LWC, does anyone want it?