Healthy food you can't stand -- and your alternatives

Options
2»

Replies

• LadyPHX
    LadyPHX Posts: 52
    Options
    I hate cauliflower by itself, so I only eat in a stir fry mix or I puree the snot out of it and make faux mashed potatoes.
    I can't stand eggplant, so I just avoid it. You can slather all the tomato and cheese on it you want, it still tastes like blah.
    Cooked cabbage sets me off, so I will just make a slaw out of it, or I just steam it and hide it under curry sauce. Works wonders.
  • JanW01
    JanW01 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, there are days in late summer when I literally eat nothing but blueberries all day long. Seriously.

Anyway, I don't like cooked carrots at all. Raw carrots I eat almost daily; cooked carrots are blech. When I roast a chicken with veggies, I include mushrooms and bell pepper slices instead.

I have always disliked cooked carrots! Every single restaurant serves cooked carrots. Give me raw any day.
    Oh and not a fan of beets either.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Lettuce- ew, weird texture and it tastes weird too... it's sort of like a crunchy flavored water thing. I don't like ANY type of it though, tried them all, it just isn't for me.
    Cabbage-raw or cooked, yuck.
    radishes- tried one and it just isn't fun.
    raw peppers and onions
    mustard- i have a severe phobia of the stuff. won't even touch the bottle if it is open.
  • hajra123
    hajra123 Posts: 13
    Options
    CELERY ewww!

my alternative now are carrot sticks :-)
  • Grumpelina
    Grumpelina Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Fish. I'd rather lick batteries.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Fish. I'd rather lick batteries.
    That could be arranged. :bigsmile:

As long as in return I don't have to eat baked beans, blech... When I was very young, a well meaning relative forced me to eat them at every meal until I vomited (literally) in a misguided attempt to make me like them, and since then even the smell of them just turns my stomach. :(

As an adult I'm pretty pissed off about it actually, as they're such a healty food.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal...it's like barf in a bowl. Instead of cooking it and eating it, I just add it to smoothies.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal should only be eaten in breads, cookies, granola......I won't cook it and eat it as slimy mush.
    Green beans are good, but every other bean or pea out there is disgusting. Especially butter beans/lima beans. Nasty taste AND nasty texture all in one grotesque bite! eeeeewwwwwwwwww
    Beets taste like dirt. Bitter dirt. But if you pickle them I will enjoy looking at the pretty jarred product. Just don't ask me to eat them.

Okra, on the other hand, is yummy. Zucchini and several other types of squash are wonderful. Greens should be eaten raw, not as cooked slime, but they are all delicious as a salad! I eat most veggies, raw or cooked; most meats (can't even consider brain, tongue, tripe....shudder), any fruit and most any grains. Onions and garlic and fresh herbs are wonderful!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Eggplant, okra, parsnips - ick ick ick.
    Bell Peppers - love them, but they are a 24 hour commitment if I eat anything with so much as their residue...and I don't love them THAT much.
    Seaweed? Gag me with a spoon!
    Horseradish - nasty! It takes rotten, as in spoiled, to me.
    Liver - Run away! Run away!

There are enough delicious alternatives out there to ensure I never need to ingest these foul foods.
  • cybilrachell
    Options
    It has the most disgusting texture...attempted to eat some oatmeal today...let's jus say I threw it away...thought about it raw after that, so I may hav to try it your way!