Ugh.....

Options
So I've gained 27 pounds in the last 2 years. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in June 2014 and I can happily say I'm cancer free and 100% recovered. I can't blame the weight on chemo or my hysterectomy any longer. I know my hormones are out of whack, but damn, never thought it would be this difficult after the surgery! Plus, did I mention that my husband's passion is cooking??? Hardest thing for me is getting to the damn gym which I drive by every night on my way home. I'm so frustrated!! Looking to drop 50 lbs and get back to normal....

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    There is a silver lining,yay! Your husband's passion is your windfall. You can eat what he cooks but you now need to eat less of it. That is all there is to it. Lucky you!

read these links!!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/getting-started
  • FashionQueen86
    FashionQueen86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being cancer free! That is awesome!

My advice would be if you can't get to the gym, then make some room at home to do some at-home workouts, like Leslie Sansone, Fitness Blender...in other words, YouTube has some amazing workouts you can sort through. Or, you can see about going to Amazon.com or Ebay and look into buying a mini stepper. It's a low-impact machine that can get you started for now. Or invest in a treadmill.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=leslie+sansone
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear you are cancer free and 100% recovered - You are evidently a very strong woman with a fighting attitude. Use that to your advantage and focus that fantastic positive thinking into your weight loss. Do not force yourself to the gym and don't over-restrict. Start small - baby steps. Maybe for now, make a conscious effort to limit snacking times or switch up your snacks to fruit/veg options. Just getting in the habit and correct mindset will help you going forward. After making small changes, you may feel ready for calorie tracking and in time, moving more for heart health and general well-being. Slow and steady win's the race. But you most certainly can reach your goal :)