Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Should junk food be taxed?

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Please all Google and try understand if not it's ok I don't know what else to say but tax sugar :D:D

I googled "do aliens live among us"...this was like the 2nd or 3rd link...they even make sure to include the phrase, "After all of these years of research" to...well...you know, head off the skeptical up front...

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vida_alien/blueplanetproject/blueplanetproject02.htm

Just google it isn't going to cut it...

All this link tells me is that South America and the US are under alien invasion. People in Canada, Europe, Asia, and Africa seem to be safe from UFO crashes.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    That's in milk.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Had America not got the highest obesity rate? Tax food may stop it or buy smaller plates

How heavily is the education system taxed in the UK?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    When you take one sugar and add it to something else like food. It's a chemical reaction as it cannot go back to its natural state.
    Once again, I ask do you have any scientific (reputable) sources to back up this hogwash?
    Yes, it is hogwash, because science doesn't back-up what you're saying.
    If you want me to bore you I would but at end of it everyone makes there on beliefs in things so........

Your beliefs are not backed up/proved by scientific research. I believe in science, not hogwash.

DO you even know how obesity is caused?
    Hint: It's not sugars fault. People shove foods into their mouths...that's how people get fat.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Had America not got the highest obesity rate? Tax food may stop it or buy smaller plates

So have you actually read through this thread? I mean, it's 41 pages and so I know it's a lot, but most of this has been discussed previously about whether or not this tax would actually have the an impact on obesity.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Where I live iron Bru is a type of pop lol
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Iron and sodium mix etc they are solid form chemicals

So is sugar.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    So no yogurt no

What about yogurt? It has lactose unless the lactose is removed....
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    So no yogurt no

Yes yogurt yes.

I'm confused what game we are playing now. Was there a question you wanted answered about lactose? It would be helpful if you could ask them more directly if you wanted to better understand something about the chemical composition of certain foods.
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Iron and sodium mix etc they are solid form chemicals

Iron and sodium are elements.