Unhealthy foods

Options
124»

Replies

• klbrowser
    klbrowser Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    How about eating salmon that is not canned? Then you can decide whether or not to add salt. I like salmon filets baked seasoned with lemon and dill.

As for chicken, broiling or grilling plain chicken breasts is pretty easy. You can season it with something like Mrs. Dash if you are trying to avoid sodium.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Couldn't you rinse the salmon?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Need help deciding because the canned salmon has too much sodium. Is it better to eat Publix fried unbreaded chicken wings or 340 cal lasagna?

I depends. Chicken wings have protein and a lot of fat. Lasagna is a little more unknown without the recipe but in general should have more carbs and vegetables, but less fat and probably less protein.

I'm going to assume you like them both or wouldn't be considering them, so I'd say the healthier choice would be whichever of provides more of things otherwise lacking in your diet for the day.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    No unhealthy food?
    I beg to differ.
    Some things that are labelled as 'food' aren't really good at all....just a collection of chemicals.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    No unhealthy food?
    I beg to differ.
    Some things that are labelled as 'food' aren't really good at all....just a collection of chemicals.

ever look up what's actually in an apple or a banana or a strawberry?!?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    No unhealthy food?
    I beg to differ.
    There are no unhealthy foods. There are only unhealthy relationships with food.
    Those foods can definitely be incorporated into the day alongside nutritious foods. The key is moderation, not stuffing your face with them.

Like I said, there are only unhealthy relationships with food.

Chemicals? Here we go again. Do you DHMO?
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I was just trying to get the healthier option to with other opinions/input.

Neither is healthier all by itself. It depends what you macro goals are and what else you ate during the day. One might fit better than the other but none of us can just say one is "healthier" without more info.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    smurph121 wrote: »
    There are absolutely unheathly foods. Processed foods have so many additives which can have such an adverse impact on your health. What an unusual comment from a personal trainer. You should look up some of the ingredients in simple things like microwave popcorn! They line the bags with PFOA which is the same toxic substance used in tephlon pots and pans, and most have diacetyl has been linked to many disturbing respiratory studies. Yum! I could write a book about the many unhealthy foods.

Considering how many millions of bags of microwave popcorn are consumed every year, for all the years they've been on the market, I'm fairly certain that if it caused respiratory (or any other) issues we'd know by now. And they'd be off the market.

This also goes for all the other "processed foods" and additives people have been consuming for decades with zero issues. It's really not as scary as you'd like to think out there.