How often do you weight yourself?

Options

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Daily, in the morning, before I eat. It takes all of a minute. And knowledge is power.
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    Options
    Usually once a week, in the morning before I step into the shower. I used to weigh myself daily, but it started getting obsessive for me--I would freak out over the slightest gain even though I know sometimes it's hormonal or whatever. So now, once a week works for me. I take my measurements every time I go down 10 pounds.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly.

Some weigh every day to track trends and whatnot but for me, that's a bit much. I'm not too fussed about trends and patterns, I just like to know I'm staying on track and remaining healthy. Other's swear by daily weighing. It is personal preference :)
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Every day. First thing. I'll use the toilet, rinse my face off with water to help wake me up and then I step on the scale. I have a wifi scale, so it directly syncs it to MFP.

It's nice to be able to see the changes, did the weight go up b/c I didn't drink enough water? ate something with a high amount of sodium? am I ovulating? is it my TOM? are my muscles retaining water b/c I did a new workout? or did I get out of control with my eating enough to warrant a gain? Normally, it's always something to do with retaining water and not actual pounds. Weighing daily is what helped me realize that I "gain" during ovulation. I never realized that until I started daily weigh-ins.

I notice I have a slight gain during ovulation as well. I find it funny that I now have more pms sign during ovulation than TOM. I am trying to figure out if for me it's due to age, almost 40, or weight loss.
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Every day. I enjoy it. I only log what I weigh on Tuesdays. I also measure weekly (or when I feel like it) and log it once a month. I like to look at the numbers lol.
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I simply don't. Considering feeling depressed when I do I just do what should be done :smiley:
  • rebaisett
    rebaisett Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Every single morning without fail. I will goes as far as to get naked lol
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Daily as part of my morning routine to keep an eye on any developing trend. Always have my entire adult life except for one failed experiment with intuitive eating.....

It's just data to me but not data I feel the need to analyse. I don't log or record my weight unless it's for a specific reason such as getting back to maintenance range after a holiday or dieting down before a cycling event.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Once a week or if I miss my day I'll go another week. The scale hasn't moved much for me lately but I know I am doing something right cause my pants that I just got into are a little loose on me now. Time to take measurements!!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Daily. Dressed in the same gear.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I'm all over the place on this one… I totally believe in weighing daily or once a week once you're at goal so the weight doesn't creep back up.
    But when losing?.. do what keeps your motivated and doesn't derail your progress. For me, I've done the weekly thing.. the daily thing.. and right now I'm not weighing at all. I've been at it hard for 43 days and I've decided not to weigh myself until i see that I've gone down one size. My fear is I will get discouraged and just stop if my loss isn't fast enough. I'm trying to focus on fitness and healthy eating and not so much on the scale for now.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Once every 2 weeks or so.
  • jarablue
    jarablue Posts: 127 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I used to do it religiously every morning butt bootay naked. But now that I am trying to lose 30 pounds and hit goal by 2017, I'm thinking the less I know what my weight is, the more prone I'll be to work that much harder to lose it. I don't want to get inflated or deflated every morning emotionally. Just work my *kitten* off attitude. The less I know, the more I will think I am not losing and to keep pushing harder every day thought process. Oct 31st is the one time I am gong to weight myself. Trick or treat right? Then it will be midnight of Dec 31st.
  • gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Every couple of weeks, for the past 4 years.
  • bexilashious
    bexilashious Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Every day
    And it's becoming an obsession
    Morning nom and night
    Though I only log my weight on a Friday X
  • bluelilac102
    bluelilac102 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Every day (first thing a.m. same conditions each day).. I officially do a weigh in day on Wed.

Same
  • smoothsmiles
    smoothsmiles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Daily. In fact, I'm looking for some like-minded people who track their weight everyday so I can use their progress in the "lbs lost" section to motivate my progress. Sorta like a competition, but with positive motivational friendly help as MFP buddies. If anyone is interested, please feel free to "friend" me.