Low carb weight loss by the end of the year

Options

Replies

• mj_zepeda
    mj_zepeda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of texting via Whatsap! I live in Brazil so maybe texting would be quicker replying than the community group! Just a suggestion. .hehe
  • cindy4557
    cindy4557 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I was just reading this discussion through and was very interesting! I just found the community part of MFP. I just started low carb 2 weeks ago. I'm guessing since September is half gone I'm to late to join?
  • jbandsb2
    jbandsb2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Magic18, I sent you a message 9/11/16 with my email. When you have a chance, can you verify that you got it? I have not seen anything com through my email giving me access to anything and I am concerned that you did not get my message or I missed the info in my junk mail. Thanks Much!
  • Magic18
    Magic18 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    jbandsb2 wrote: »
    Hi Magic18, I sent you a message 9/11/16 with my email. When you have a chance, can you verify that you got it? I have not seen anything com through my email giving me access to anything and I am concerned that you did not get my message or I missed the info in my junk mail. Thanks Much!

Strange, I don't see your message anywhere. Can you either send it again or ask through excel for permission to edit? Thanks and sorry it never went through!
  • Magic18
    edited September 2016
    Options
    mj_zepeda wrote: »
    Mj_zepeda@hotmail.com

I think you should have access. It gave me a message saying there is no google drive associated with hotmail so you will have access once you sign in, not sure what that means. Any difficulties let me know, otherwise you are set for tomorrow's entry! Best of luck and can't wait to start working more with you :)

Also sorry I don't use that app you mentioned, in the US although not all, but it's more a kids/teens app.
  • jbandsb2
    Options
    Hi Magic, I just resent a message with my email. I hope it works this time. I do not know how to send a request through excel, but if you tell me how I can try. If that does not work I will leave it here like mj_zepda did, I would just prefer to avoid that if at all possible. Thanks!
  • Magic18
    edited September 2016
    Options
    cindy4557 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I was just reading this discussion through and was very interesting! I just found the community part of MFP. I just started low carb 2 weeks ago. I'm guessing since September is half gone I'm to late to join?

@cindy4557 Not too late if you can make tomorrow's weigh in. We had a rough start so just getting in the grove and the challenge or more "support and motivation" as I like to see it, goes until the end of December so plenty of time left. I just need an email from you which you can pm to me so that I can grant you access to the excel sheet and we all this week and next will start to add foods and other items to the sheet besides our weekly weigh in. If you decide to join I look forward to meeting you!
  • Magic18
    Options
    Hi Magic, I just resent a message with my email. I hope it works this time. I do not know how to send a request through excel, but if you tell me how I can try. If that does not work I will leave it here like mj_zepda did, I would just prefer to avoid that if at all possible. Thanks!

I just accepted your friend request. Missed that was there. That may have somehow been the problem. Do you mind sending it once more now that we are friends? Otherwise I'll give you step by step excel
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I hope you're feeling better! ☺️
    Current weight: 179.6. New decade!!!
    Measurements: 41-39-42.
  • Magic18
    Options
    I hope you're feeling better! ☺️
    Current weight: 179.6. New decade!!!
    Measurements: 41-39-42.

If you have access to the spread sheet please put this up there on Friday (unless it's Friday for you) as Friday is check-in day. Otherwise this week is the last one to either pm me an email and I'll grant you access, or else go to the view only link I sent and from there request access. Those without access and posting to excel to keep things neat and in one place will sadly have to leave as it will be too confusing for the group.

Tomorrow I will be adding food sections to the sheet as well :)
  • Magic18
    Options
    All who have asked for permission to the excel should have it as this point. @jbandsb2 I still am trying to get a message from you here on mfp but don't see one so not sure what's happening. If you click the link that lets you just edit there is an option on top to ask to make edits on excel so you can try that too, although messaging is the same way you would message anyone here so if you have sent someone a message on mfp before then you should be able to.

I set up column 3 for week 3 tomorrow, still recovering and didn't have time to do week two today but I will do that tomorrow. I will also complete the sections for food.

@sherrirollins4 my brain really is not with it saying tomorrow is Friday lol but you can put your starting stats under week two of you like since we have time until Friday and it will be recognized as a shorter week for you

I think those are all the comments for now, feel free to ask any questions. Again Thursday is the deadline for emails or excel access

Have a good night everyone!
  • mj_zepeda
    mj_zepeda Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey there peeps! I received the email with thw spreadsheet but i wasn't able to fill it in!
  • jbandsb2
    Options
    Magic18 wrote: »

I just accepted your friend request. Missed that was there. That may have somehow been the problem. Do you mind sending it once more now that we are friends? Otherwise I'll give you step by step excel

Hello again. I have tried again. Let me know. My sent message box shows them all so I am not sure what is going on. I hope this time it works.
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I messaged my email but haven't heard back. I checked my email just now just in case. I want to continue on with the group... ;)
  • Magic18
    Options
    pendennis wrote: »
    I messaged my email but haven't heard back. I checked my email just now just in case. I want to continue on with the group... ;)

You were not ignored, a couple messages did not go through for some reason. Can you try messaging it again. Don't worry that it's Friday, you are still in the group. That message was for people not taking any action. Glad to have you!
  • Magic18
    Options
    pendennis wrote: »

Also if it's an email thats compatible with Google documents that would help as the excel sheet is in Google docs, thank you.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Thanks @magic18, I have added my stats to the spreadsheet. To others, I had to be logged in to Google to do this after @Magic18 gave me permission to edit the spreadsheet itself. I hope this makes sense.

Moving to moderate fats and moderate carbs has been tough for me. I enjoyed all those fats when I was eating at keto levels but the doctor's office lowered the boom and said I have to reduce fats. I am trying very hard to eat non starchy carbs and stay in the moderate range (below 150 at the top and most week between 80 and 100) with 30 grams of fiber. The whole thing is a challenge, indeed!

I was out for dinner last night and the restaurant usually has a lovely arctic char dinner with two vegs but ... they had changed to their fall menu which was pub grub. Not a problem when I was eating keto but when you want to avoid saturated fats (although the doctor said lower all fats!), very tough. There wasn't even a salad that I could add a protein too. I chose fish and chips with salad instead of chips and picked the fish out of the batter. A glass of wine helps make me feel less deprived as I watch the older lady next to me eat a large bowl filled with poutine! (I would never have chosen that even when I am not dieting)

Is eating out a challenge for others? Have you banished alcohol from your diets?

I hope everyone had a good week and I am glad our leader is out of hospital.

• Magic18
    Options
    Thanks @magic18, I have added my stats to the spreadsheet. To others, I had to be logged in to Google to do this after @Magic18 gave me permission to edit the spreadsheet itself. I hope this makes sense.

Moving to moderate fats and moderate carbs has been tough for me. I enjoyed all those fats when I was eating at keto levels but the doctor's office lowered the boom and said I have to reduce fats. I am trying very hard to eat non starchy carbs and stay in the moderate range (below 150 at the top and most week between 80 and 100) with 30 grams of fiber. The whole thing is a challenge, indeed!

I was out for dinner last night and the restaurant usually has a lovely arctic char dinner with two vegs but ... they had changed to their fall menu which was pub grub. Not a problem when I was eating keto but when you want to avoid saturated fats (although the doctor said lower all fats!), very tough. There wasn't even a salad that I could add a protein too. I chose fish and chips with salad instead of chips and picked the fish out of the batter. A glass of wine helps make me feel less deprived as I watch the older lady next to me eat a large bowl filled with poutine! (I would never have chosen that even when I am not dieting)

Is eating out a challenge for others? Have you banished alcohol from your diets?

I hope everyone had a good week and I am glad our leader is out of hospital.

Great question. I used to love a glass of wine but then stopped for two reasons. One was meds and the other is unless it's a meal I don't drink calories because then I feel guilty eating too, as if I'm having too much so it's one or other for me. But that is my personal take and probably a little messed up lol
  • pendennis
    Options

We love eating out and really enjoy may different types of cuisine. Lately if we go out I prefer sashimi(no rice) because there are no carbs to be seen! We also eat at a paleo restaurant occasionally and I can usually find something there like poke or salad. Unfortunately for my husband italian/pizza is out for now ;)

I have banished alcohol from my eating except on my carb day (which was on 9/10.) I allow myself booze every 20 days or so. I LOVE beer, but sadly I love good beer which means most are off limits. I don't think I could choke down a low-cal or low-carb beer, YUCK! :s

I drink scotch, whiskey, gin, and vodka for spirits and they are mostly low carb (as long as you don't do sweet cocktails.) Red wine gives me a migraine and whites have too much sugar unfortunately.

My suggestion is if you are going out and you know where you are going look up their menu online and choose your options prior to getting to the restaurant. This helps me to curb my impluse decisions (which are usually naughty).

• pendennis
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The menu tonight is stuffed peppers with ground lamb and beef with cheese and low sugar tomato sauce.

Tomorrow is marinated flank steak.

What are some dinner favorites from the group?