Replies

• lilstry
    lilstry Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I do, even the gum I chew on
  • poodysue
    poodysue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Like many others I tend to guesstimate my low calorie veg - spinach, lettuce, cucumber (not celery as I hate the stuff) but weigh my carrots, peas and other higher calorie veg and definitely weigh any fruit I eat.
  • queseraseraxo
    queseraseraxo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't, because if I do, I become obsessed and I find it was a very unhealthy place for my mind to be. This was the case even before I started MFP (very recently(. When I'm eating vegetables and greens, I consider it as nourishing my soul and I am not about to tarnish that (or I won't be motivated to eat them!)

Having said that, I have noticed I usually eat a deficit average of 200-300 calories per day, so I'm guessing my veggies would fit in that.

I do count every other thing though, even a 1-second spray of grapeseed oil, so there's that.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of vegetables. They are a large portion of my calories. I like to see what I am eating to make sure it's a balanced diet. I track fiber and micros. They add to my carb count.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    I count the vegetables I consume, I typically don't count any vegetables that I throw at people. Oh wait, tomatoes are fruits...I always forget that, nevermind.

I hope you're logging the burn though... is shotput in the database?
  • coco50mfp
    coco50mfp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Unless I use large amounts of them I don't count lettuce tomato or cucumber I didn't gain weight because I ate two many leaves of lettuce or two many tomatoes
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Yes. vegetables have calories so I count them.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    If I eat it, I log it. So far so good