Any women doing Whey Protein?

Options
I'm currently drinking Her Whey protein and love it but was wondering if anyone has had any results with this or any brand

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Results as in what? I do whey only to meet daily protein goals (dymatize ISO-100) only.. I don't need it every day, I try to get almost all of mine through food and drink (milk). Protein is protein and the shakes are hydrating as well, but its really not a super food or anything.. :)
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm totally not a woman... but I would say Her Whey isn't all that bad- it adds quite a bit to make it an "enhanced" protein drink with extra vitamins and minerals. The protein content seems OK for the other items it's adding. If its carbs and fats and protein profile fits into your goals, it'll do it its job. :)

Are you drinking the protein to hit protein goals or for marketing reasons like "promotes lean body mass", etc.?
  • hereforthelolz
    hereforthelolz Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like Combat protein powder. It's a blend of whey, casein, and egg protein I think.
  • Goldstr324
    Goldstr324 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes. I use Isagenix - their Isalean shakes are made with undenatured whey protein, have 240 calories and 24g protein. They are complete meal replacements and keep me from getting hungry right away. Good stuff. I am down 28 lbs & 42.5" overall in 3 months
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Like others have pointed out its great for hitting protein goals. When I used to weight lift I did take it within 30 min of every weight lifting session but at the moment I just take it as needed as an on the go protein boost with very little sugar/carbs in order to reach protein goals. I've had optimum nutrition, fitmiss, cellucor, and muscletech. It all depends on your use/personal reasons and well as finding which type of protein (whey, casein, egg, etc) and what flavor works best for you. Good luck :blush:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I just get whatever's at the grocery store. Right now it's Top Care, which I think is the store brand for Food City. This one might be a whey/soy blend. The Publix one was just whey.

It's hard to say what my results are, because I don't have a twin that's not using any protein powder. ;) But it's easy to mix with oatmeal, and I notice that if I shake it up in my water bottle and chug it, that usually helps a rumbly tummy.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I use Solgar's Whey to Go protein and I really love it.I've used other brands in the past but prefer this one better. However I don't consume it everyday, only in days when I have trouble reaching my protein goal by food or days of very heavy exercise.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I do it sometimes, not daily. I have trouble with my preferences being mostly low protein so it can get ridiculously low on some days (I'm talking less than 30 grams), which is why I supplement with whey on days I want to go 100% preference based because it has a great protein/calorie ratio. I don't have any certain brands I'm attached to, just whatever gets me 25 grams of protein for 120 calories. What results are you looking for? For me the results are clear cut, I'm able to hit a reasonable protein intake on days when my protein is low.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    What results are you looking for? Reaching your protein macro?

I have protein shakes on hand for times when I feel I'm not getting enough, or don't feel like eating, but should have something (sometimes happens with breakfast for me...so I wait a long while, and then have a shake).

What are you hoping it will do?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Goldstr324 wrote: »
    Yes. I use Isagenix - their Isalean shakes are made with undenatured whey protein, have 240 calories and 24g protein. They are complete meal replacements and keep me from getting hungry right away. Good stuff. I am down 28 lbs & 42.5" overall in 3 months

To be clear: WHY are you down 28Lbs?
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I do whey protein...snort a few lines in the morning and I'm good to go. I find this is best for optimal protein absorbtion.

Seriously though, I buy whatever's cheapest at walmart. And those brands marketed to women are usually terrible. Less protein, smaller container, more expensive. I'm pretty sure whey is gender nonspecific
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    What kind of results are you expecting? OP is not specific.
  • ysoto2014
    ysoto2014 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Dano74 wrote: »

Are you drinking the protein to hit protein goals or for marketing reasons like "promotes lean body mass", etc.?

I drink it in the mornings after a workout since it's fast and easy so yes I want to get my protein for the day during the week. On the weekends I can do it with food. I'm mostly interested in the amino acids for lean muscle. I am excited to get back to weight lifting and want to get the best results.

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options

Seriously though, I buy whatever's cheapest at walmart. And those brands marketed to women are usually terrible. Less protein, smaller container, more expensive. I'm pretty sure whey is gender nonspecific

This.

I buy my protein at Walmart. I use it when I know I'm not going to meet my protein goal for the day. It does nothing magical for weight loss. It's inexpensive.

I need protein "for her" about as much as I need these:

image.jpg

This... And those pens are purdy, and match your avatar.
  • ysoto2014
    ysoto2014 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I did this years ago to drop quick weight before a trip or special occasion. The shakes are good!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

Meal replacement shakes are not the same as protein powder.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

This.

I buy my protein at Walmart. I use it when I know I'm not going to meet my protein goal for the day. It does nothing magical for weight loss. It's inexpensive.

image.jpg

Walgreens has ear plugs for her now. WTF?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

This.

image.jpg

This... And those pens are purdy, and match your avatar.

I actually drew my avatar with those pens. They're perfect for my dainty hands. And I still had enough energy left to clean the toilets, make a fall centerpiece for my dining table, rub my husband's feet, and cook a beautiful dinner for my family (while I ate a bag of lettuce in the kitchen, of course - got to watch my figure!).

I'd recommend these pens to any woman who finds pens made for men to be too oppressive.

:laugh: And no pens too heavy because you wouldn't want any man muscles or anything.