Rice

Options

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    I think it would be healthier to eat 1 serving of either white or brown rice with some meat/fish or other protein and lots of veggies.

Have to limit tuna b/c mercury

Enjoy your rice, then.
  • Anvil_Head
    Anvil_Head Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Take 1 cup white rice and 1 cup brown rice.
    Mix well, form into a patty, and make a rice cake.

Add 1 slice yellow cake and put between two slices of whole wheat bread.

Eat your cake-rice cake sandwich.

Best answer.

Because cake doesn't cause diabetes.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Take 1 cup white rice and 1 cup brown rice.
    Mix well, form into a patty, and make a rice cake.

Add 1 slice yellow cake and put between two slices of whole wheat bread.

Eat your cake-rice cake sandwich.

fantastic.

I was going to mention blending cooked rice (white, of course) adding sugar and butter and make a frosting to spread between 2 cake slices.

Or make it into rice pudding to go in between the layers

Rice pudding instead of white sauce/cottage cheese in a lasagna.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Interesting....
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    Dano74 wrote: »
    It's a pretty even exchange as far as macros/calories go with a couple gs of fiber being the differential between white and brown (more micronutrition in the brown, however). A mix of both would be a cool texture.

That said, why eat 3 cups of rice only in one shot?

On tight budget. Didn't want to eat white rice only because its be said that it increases the chance to get diabetes.

Do you have any frozen veggies in your freezer? Tuna in the pantry? If not, look out for them on sale and keep things like that on hand so you don't have to just eat rice.

I do but the problm is that there is 5servings in a single bag and sadly 5 servings dont fill me up alone and it like 1:44 per bag and thats getting up there for me

Brown rice contains fiber so it will fill you up more than white rice.

If you can only afford white rice that's okay, but I find white carbs just make me hungrier. Beans are a good source of carbs plus protein and they fill you up better. You can use them as a carb side or as a protein. Potatoes also have a high satiety value even tho they are a white carb. Combining beans and rice or beans and potatoes should fill you up.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Diabeetus
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Good lord. That's some serious rice in a sitting. Then again I have been know to eat my share of rice.I don't even make more than just enough for dinner simply because I will eat the holy heck out it if it's there. I do all different ways. I'll have some with butter and salt, a little more with just salt and no butter, another helping with sugar and butter, another serving plain. Until the pot is gone. I have been known to eat rice sandwiches, rice in my eggs etc....I have to avoid rice because it's like crack rock to me.
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    eat which rice is most tasty so you enjoy it. I agree if you pair it with protein it will stabilize your blood sugar instead spiking it... btw.. basmati rice is my rice of choice. so delicious.. why eat any other? I eat 1/2 cup and add diced onion and carrot..maybe some water chestnuts to expand the portion.. I spray mine with amino acid from Whole Foods.. it tastes like soy sauce. But I try not to add high sodium soy sauce.

so..there's a straight helpful answer for you instead of the smarty pants remarks above.
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Diabeetus

osmcmrb2ss1n.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Do you ever look at nutritional profiles of the things you post?

At any rate, the difference is pretty negligible...I personally prefer brown rice because it actually tastes like something...also, that seems like a pretty large serving of rice...what else are you eating with it...that will obviously alter the nutritional profile.