Weight gain ft allergies!

Options
Hey hey

Any high calorie food ideas WITHOUT nuts...and seeds???

:)

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Cheese, so much cheese! I get blocks of Muenster and cut it in to 1 oz nuggets. Perfect for snacking and getting an extra 100 calories in to meet my goal without having to eat a lot.
  • VividDawn
    VividDawn Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Avocado, rice, pasta, bread/bakery treats, full fat dairy (cheese, yogurt, sour cream, ice cream), dried fruit (mango is high calorie!), olive oil
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
  • TemiA774
    TemiA774 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ooo yes. Love these responses! Thank you all. I also has a slight intolerance/reaction to too much diary but ill try in moderation for now.
    Appreciated!!
  • VividDawn
    Options
    If you get the full fat dairy, you wouldn't need too much. 4 ounces of whole milk has 75 calories.
    There's also high calorie drinks. 100% fruit juice has 100 - 150 depending on what kind you get. I know people say soda pop is bad, but it's also 100+ (Barq root beer is 160!). Carnation Breakfast Essentials is 130 if made with water, or you could do half water and half milk for almost 150. I think the drinks like Ensure and Boost are okay for lactose intolerance, and they're 250 calories (or 350 if you get the Plus version)
  • TemiA774
    TemiA774 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh wow I did not realise boost had that many calories! I'm from the UK so we don't have some of those things or their super expensive but I'm sure I'll find an alternative.
    Thanks .. im going to put these on my shopping list!
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    TemiA774 wrote: »
    Ooo yes. Love these responses! Thank you all. I also has a slight intolerance/reaction to too much diary but ill try in moderation for now.
    Appreciated!!

Me too, but the harder cheeses seem to cause less issues. :)
  • VividDawn
    Options
    TemiA774 wrote: »
    Oh wow I did not realise boost had that many calories! I'm from the UK so we don't have some of those things or their super expensive but I'm sure I'll find an alternative.
    Thanks .. im going to put these on my shopping list!

Ha! That's nohin'. Boost: Very High Calorie has 530 calories per 8 oz. Of course it's also $40 for 27 servings (on Amazon).