High protein but low crabs

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    felorabedi wrote: »
    Hi guys I'm looking for snacks that are high on protein but very low on crabs. Not protein bars , something that is a natural source of food like nuts or veggies . Anything what do you recommend?

meat, poultry, or fish...greek yogurt, jerky, etc. nuts have some protein but are a greater source of fat (not that there is anything wrong with that)...veggies don't really provide much in the way of protein, at least where grams are concerned.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    So I try to have protein 50% fat 30% and sorry CARBs lol 20%.

I have snacks between meals so I don't get bloated and have big meals.

Example

Morning if I had two hard boiled eggs (full of protein but fats aswell so I can't have nuts or avocado)

Then two hours later I would have Greek yoga and 20g of blueberries

Two to three hours later depends on when hungry I am I try to have either (chicken breast , steak, prawns, fish, or can tuna in water)(150g)and a side of a bowl of salad (lettuce cucumber tomato)

Two hours later I will have an apple or an orange

At night dinner I try to have a bowl of salad maybe Mexican style salad (corn tomato kidney beans avocado- small amount ) or Thai salad with snow peas beans sprout cucumber tomato and peanut butter dressing or Indian salad or any kind of salad.

As you can see I'm having so much carbs and less of protein .. and I'm sick of having eggs everyday .. if I have cheese what type of cheese would you recommend. If again if I had cheese with brown bread then I have to cut down on salads and fruits (carbs again) .. arrrgh it's so difficult to arrange a menu that can't be perfect.

How is your menu for the day ?

Your ratios really don't work out...and IMO, 50% protein is way excessive.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    OP, look up keto or paleo, readjust your macros to whichever suits you and grab some almonds! They're great, but measure out an ounce in a bag to avoid over-endulging.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Crabs? Funny.. :)

String cheese, regular cheese, beefy jerky, turkey or reg bacon (might want some fat too), greek yogurt, hardboiled eggs, any kind of nuts (almonds, pistachios, peanuts again with higher fat)

I am assuming you are not doing LCHF?

Lol sorry typo.

I am doing low carbs but I'm trying to stay low fats too.

The problem with beef jerky and turkey it has a lot of sodium. And if I had eggs for breakfast I can't have nuts and if I had bread cheese for breakfast then I can't have salads for dinner

You really can't do low carb and low fat at the same time - there's only one other macronutrient and very high protein diets are both very hard to do as well as possibly dangerous for some people.

Trying to do low carb, low fat, low sodium sounds pretty awful - is there an actual medical need here? Because most people won't need to do any of those three.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Aquawave wrote: »
    Crab Legs for dinner tonight!!! With clarified butter and sauteed yellow squash. High on crab, low on carb.

Are your fats confused too?

I too am on a low crab diet. Crab is expensive.

Chik-Fil-A_cow-eat-mor-chikin.jpg
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Aquawave wrote: »
    Crab Legs for dinner tonight!!! With clarified butter and sauteed yellow squash. High on crab, low on carb.

Are your fats confused too?

I too am on a low crab diet. Crab is expensive.

Chik-Fil-A_cow-eat-mor-chikin.jpg

Also on a low crab diet--I'm allergic to shellfish, unfortunately.
  • Athena_fit
    Athena_fit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love hemp hearts, chia seeds, flax seeds, edamame, tofu dips...these are my go to sources of proteins when maintaining a higher level of protein (35% prot, 30% carbs, 35% fat is what I do). They can be added to pretty much anything!

Of course, there is all dairy products, eggs, meats and sea food. Canned tuna & sardines can be life savers!

Privilege sprouted grains as they have more protein too.

I would also recommand nuts, quinoa, legumes and lentils, but they would be harder to include with your carb ratios, so see what works for you.

Hope this helps a little :smiley:

• felorabedi
    felorabedi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Edamame

That's the best suggestion I got. Thank u
  • felorabedi
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    So I try to have protein 50% fat 30% and sorry CARBs lol 20%.

Your ratios really don't work out...and IMO, 50% protein is way excessive.

Hmm.. then what do you suggest?
  • felorabedi
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Crabs? Funny.. :)

String cheese, regular cheese, beefy jerky, turkey or reg bacon (might want some fat too), greek yogurt, hardboiled eggs, any kind of nuts (almonds, pistachios, peanuts again with higher fat)

I am assuming you are not doing LCHF?

Lol sorry typo.

I am doing low carbs but I'm trying to stay low fats too.

The problem with beef jerky and turkey it has a lot of sodium. And if I had eggs for breakfast I can't have nuts and if I had bread cheese for breakfast then I can't have salads for dinner

You really can't do low carb and low fat at the same time - there's only one other macronutrient and very high protein diets are both very hard to do as well as possibly dangerous for some people.

Trying to do low carb, low fat, low sodium sounds pretty awful - is there an actual medical need here? Because most people won't need to do any of those three.

I have no moment .. my tummy is so bloated. I went to the gym for two weeks and I got ear infection because the ac temperature is so high cold and the whether outside in Dubai is soooo hot.

The dr gave me bed rest for two weeks and I'm on antibiotics. I'm trying to reduce my food intake because of no movement . I don't want to waste all the kgs I have lost
  • felorabedi
    Options
    Athena_fit wrote: »
    I love hemp hearts, chia seeds, flax seeds, edamame, tofu dips...these are my go to sources of proteins when maintaining a higher level of protein (35% prot, 30% carbs, 35% fat is what I do). They can be added to pretty much anything!

Of course, there is all dairy products, eggs, meats and sea food. Canned tuna & sardines can be life savers!

I would also recommand nuts, quinoa, legumes and lentils, but they would be harder to include with your carb ratios, so see what works for you.

Very helpful actually thank you so much
  • Athena_fit
    Options

Very helpful actually thank you so much

My pleasure! Just be careful with your ratios as some have said earlier. Too much protein can be tough on your body. Have you talked to a doctor or dietician about this? Protein is the toughest source of fuel to burn for your body (it uses carbs and fats first). My nutritionist explained to me that anything that doesn't get used, transforms into fat, no matter if it's a protein are not. I also understand you cannot workout at the moment and that it is a concern for you. I would suggest calculating your TDEE and then eating 500 calories under it max while you still recover from your infection, you shouldn't regain anything doing that, no matter what your ratios are. You should even loose!

So don't be scared of crabs ;) if you still want to maintain low carbs tough, I highly recommand eating more fat.

Have a nice day!
  • felorabedi
    Options
    I love hemp hearts, chia seeds, flax seeds, edamame, tofu dips...these are my go to sources of proteins when maintaining a higher level of protein (35%

My pleasure! Just be careful with your ratios as some have said earlier. Too much protein can be tough on your body. Have you talked to a doctor or dietician about this? Protein is the toughest source of fuel to burn for your body (it uses carbs and fats first). My nutritionist explained to me that anything that doesn't get used, transforms into fat, no matter if it's a protein are not. I also understand you cannot workout at the moment and that it is a concern for you. I would suggest calculating your TDEE and then eating 500 calories under it max while you still recover from your infection, you shouldn't regain anything doing that, no matter what your ratios

My TDEE is 1200 calories . I try to have 700-800 calories per day but I cheat on thursdays and fridays but I try not to go away 1200 but yesterday was the first time I went above 1200 calories.

I haven't talked to any dr. Just my trainer gave me gave me a one day menu which was kindof depressing to have one menu for the rest of your life.

So I tried to be creative and work around it

According to bodybuilding.com I should have 127g of carbs and 127g of protein and 27g of fats
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    OP your TDEE cannot possibly be 1200 calories. I am not sure if you got this menu (one day plan) from your trainer or not.. but there is something quite disturbing with this infomration you provided. And your personal trainer knows that are you eating this low?

Now if you add up the calories for the
    127g of carbs X 4 = 508
    127 g of protein x 4 = 508
    27 g of fat X 9 =243

TOTAL to eat is 1259. This is not your TDEE but the calories this site told you to eat according to the stats you plugged in. So if you are trying to eat 700 - 800 calories per this is set up wrong in its entirety.

I am gonna ask if you by chance want someone here to help you run your stats to help you setting up a weight loss goal/setting up protein etc.?

You are under eating severely. I looked at your diary and I am amazed that you are feeling well. I hope you will let someone here help you with this and help get you on the right track.
  • Athena_fit
    Options
    OP your TDEE cannot possibly be 1200 calories. I am not sure if you got this menu (one day plan) from your trainer or not.. but there is something quite disturbing with this infomration you provided. And your personal trainer knows that are you eating this low?

127g of carbs X 4 = 508
    27 g of fat X 9 =243

TOTAL to eat is 1259. This is not your TDEE but the calories this site told you to eat according to the stats you plugged in. So if you are trying to eat 700 - 800 calories per this is set up wrong in its entirety.

I am gonna ask if you by chance want someone here to help you run your stats to help you setting up a weight loss goal/setting up protein etc.?

You are under eating severely. I looked at your diary and I am amazed that you are feeling well. I hope you will let someone here help you with this and help get you on the right track.

This is right. Eating as few calories in a day is very dangerous. Your tdee is your Total Daily Energy Expenditure ...and no matter what your tDEE is, you should never eat below 1200 calories, which is why, as weight loss progresses you loose weight slower.

For example, my TDEE is 2250 calories and I eat between 1700-1800 calories a day to loose about a pound per week. When i'll reach my first goal weight, my TDEE should be 2050 calories per day. So I would loose slower if I kept eating 1800 calories...but even if I wanted to loose 2lbs per week (only from food) I could not (1lbs loss = 500 calories deficit each day) because it would be dangerous to eat so little.

I highly recommend talking with a registered dietician. Your body needs to be properly fuel to function, heal, workout, live...

• felorabedi
    Options

127g of carbs X 4 = 508
    27 g of fat X 9 =243

127g of carbs X 4 = 508
    27 g of fat X 9 =243

This is right. Eating as few calories in a day is very dangerous. Your tdee is your Total Daily Energy Expenditure ...and no matter what your tDEE is, you should never eat below 1200 calories, which is why, as weight loss progresses you loose weight slower.

For example, my TDEE is 2250 calories and I eat between 1700-1800 calories a day to loose about a pound per week. When i'll reach my first goal weight, my TDEE should be 2050 calories per day. So I would loose slower if I kept eating 1800 calories...but even if I wanted to loose 2lbs per week (only from food) I could not (1lbs loss = 500 calories deficit each day) because it would be dangerous to eat so little.

I highly recommend talking with a registered dietician. Your body needs to be properly fuel to function, heal, workout, live...

Really? Are you guys sure?

I went to the gym today to weight my body fat mass. Muscle mass. My weight and my water.

Everything seem to be in the normal range.

Except my body fat mass. I need to reduce it a bit more.

And when I'm eating I'm trying to be moderate I don't over stuff myself (which I used to do before) I try to eat properly but also eat snack every 2-3hours.

I don't have any kind of oils example olive oils, butter. I try to have all natural fats like Avocados, nuts, yugart etc

I keep my portions small and only eat when I'm hungry .

I also breast feed.

I try to sleep at 9pm but I keep waking up in the middle of the to feed my baby. Finally I wake up 6:00.

I don't have any pasta, rice or bread. Bread actually some mornings if I'm hungry and brown rice only on fridays .

I check by drinking water whether if I'm hungry or thirsty.

I don't eat any kind of protein at night . I eat very light. I try to have raw vegan food at night which I'm thinking of adding flex seeds and chia seeds to my salads.

Any source of meat fish chicken etc I try to have lunch time so it gets digestived

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you are breast feeding you need to account for that extra calorie need too - commonly that's 500cals a day. Think of your baby as well as yourself. Your TDEE cannot possibly be correct at 1200!

You do seem terribly confused about macros, TDEE and calorie needs. You seem to be buying into every fad and fashion going and mixing them all up into a dreadfully unhealthy diet plan.

Also please don't take diet advice from a personal trainer unless they have specific training in nutrition AS WELL as personal training. My son qualified as a PT and there was zero nutritional training given.

Carbs don't make you fat in a deficit, fat doesn't make you fat in a deficit, starchy carbs don't make you fat in a calorie deficit. Protein is important but there's zero point in massively over eating it. Olive oil and butter are both "natural fats".

You digest food at any time of day!

Really think you need to step back and start educating yourself about food in general and calorie needs in particular.

Here's a useful link.....

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

127g of carbs X 4 = 508
    27 g of fat X 9 =243

127g of carbs X 4 = 508
    27 g of fat X 9 =243

Really? Are you guys sure?

I went to the gym today to weight my body fat mass. Muscle mass. My weight and my water.

Everything seem to be in the normal range.

Except my body fat mass. I need to reduce it a bit more.

And when I'm eating I'm trying to be moderate I don't over stuff myself (which I used to do before) I try to eat properly but also eat snack every 2-3hours.

I don't have any kind of oils example olive oils, butter. I try to have all natural fats like Avocados, nuts, yugart etc

I keep my portions small and only eat when I'm hungry .

I also breast feed.

I try to sleep at 9pm but I keep waking up in the middle of the to feed my baby. Finally I wake up 6:00.

I don't have any pasta, rice or bread. Bread actually some mornings if I'm hungry and brown rice only on fridays .

I check by drinking water whether if I'm hungry or thirsty.

I don't eat any kind of protein at night . I eat very light. I try to have raw vegan food at night which I'm thinking of adding flex seeds and chia seeds to my salads.

Any source of meat fish chicken etc I try to have lunch time so it gets digestived

OP, I am 100% sure about this. Your response tells me that you are still concentrating on your body mass in terms of fat/weight and things you are avoiding in terms of food intake, when you eat, etc.

You are failing to concentrate on the fact that your diary contains days where you only consume 400+ calories a day. Days you are not even reaching 700 -800 calories let alone 1200 calories.

Are you by chance not logging all your food? Are you by chance not using a food scale? In both these circumstances I hope not.

And to find out now you are breastfeeding? So you are possibly still under doctors care post postpartum? Didn't I understand too that you are trying to get over an infection as well?

I was truly hoping that me noticing your diary and all the very low calories your diary shows and fact that I pointed this out would bring you back to this thread and ask for some help. You are running the risk of hurting yourself and now your own child by this method of dieting. I am not sure where or how or when all of this really started happening but as a good faith gesture I was hoping that you would let more knowledgeable folks here in MFP help you with this.

This is definitely something you need to accept that is wrong, and something that you have to want to correct for the benefit of your self and your child. I do hope that you will seek and obtain the MUCH needed help that you need.