Probiotic cleanse

Options
Hey everyone! I know there are a ton of options out there. I am trying to get back to eating clean and being gluten free. I want to get on a good cleanse but am not sure what would be best. I am into only organic or all natural types of products. Any suggestions of what has worked for you would be super!

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are completely and thoughly unnecessary and possibly harmful!
    Just say no to the cleanses.
    Your body cleanses itself beautifully!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    just buy the one in the store thats the most expensive usually the best. the store person should help recommend too. good luck.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Why gluten free? Do you mean a medical condition?
  • Peacockbutterfly
    Peacockbutterfly Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had pneumonia this year and have been told to stop eating gluten again. I am more interested in the probiotic aspect since I have had so many antibiotics this year.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    what did your doctor suggest?
  • Peacockbutterfly
    Options
    My doctor recommended something with a ton of other chemicals that I don't like to take. I have been having a hard time finding a more holistic doctor where I live.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are completely and thoughly unnecessary and possibly harmful!
    Just say no to the cleanses.
    Your body cleanses itself beautifully!

This^

If you've taken a lot of antibiotics this year.....you may want a probiotic supplement, not a cleanse. Ask your doctor to recommend a supplement.

Cleanses are just a diet fad.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    The best all natural cleanse I've found is a big glass of prune juice. One glass each morning for 3-4 days. I guarantee you'll be cleansed of anything and everything lurking in your gut.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I had pneumonia this year and have been told to stop eating gluten again. I am more interested in the probiotic aspect since I have had so many antibiotics this year.

Instead of a cleanse, which is likely to destroy good bacteria along with bad, why not take a probiotic or eat some yogurt?
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    My doctor recommended something with a ton of other chemicals that I don't like to take. I have been having a hard time finding a more holistic doctor where I live.

You should actually listen to your medical doctor.

Eat a cup of yogurt a day. It will restore the good bacteria. It's not complicated.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

What specifically did your doctor recommend? Taking a probiotic to help balance things out because you've taken a lot of antibiotics, which can really do a number on your system? That's not the same as a "cleanse". What chemicals were you averse to, and why?
  • Peacockbutterfly
    Options
    I am supposed to stay away from dairy and gluten and cleanse them out of my body he said and then slowly add back in some dairy like Greek yogurt. Maybe this was not the best place to ask. I will just talk to him again about other options that don't involve unnecessary additives.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to stay away from dairy and gluten and cleanse them out of my body he said and then slowly add back in some dairy like Greek yogurt. Maybe this was not the best place to ask. <b>I will just talk to him again</b> about other options that don't involve unnecessary additives.

Excellent, exactly what you need to do!

I would think that if you haven't eaten dairy or gluten in several days and are drinking a reasonable amount of water they'd be flushed from your body by now. Is he maybe looking at treating the remaining inflammation? Maybe a good question to ask when you see him. Very best of luck, I hope you're feeling better very soon :smile:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to stay away from dairy and gluten and cleanse them out of my body he said and then slowly add back in some dairy like Greek yogurt. Maybe this was not the best place to ask. I will just talk to him again about other options that don't involve unnecessary additives.

Did your doctor suggest you go off dairy while you were taking antibiotics, or is change post-antibiotics?