Still looking big in pictures...

Options
2»

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Omg yes! Even though I'm working hard at maintaining at a 0/00 (down from an 18+) there are days I feel like I look obese/other people must be looking at me like I am. Rationally I know I'm not but the dysmorphia is there and I try to be mindful of it. On "fat girl" days I literally have to take a picture of myself and compare it to seven months ago to be able to have perspective on the whole thing. I'm really hoping my brain catches up soon. I'm sorry the photos bummed you out OP, I bet they're beautiful though <3

90wth8kgvrk0.jpg
  • BridgetHarrington
    Options
    If it was a picture with other people, just the way you are shaped in comparison can make a huge difference. My husband's family have very slight builds...narrow shoulders, small torsos, narrow hips...so any pictures I take with them I look somewhat overdimensioned regardless of my weight. When I take pics with my family I look proportional because my sibs and I have similar builds (my husband is the odd duck then).

I have this problem! My boyfriend's family are all on the short side (no one is over 5'5") and small builds. I am 5'7." I'm 3" taller than my boyfriend, but taken at the wrong angle, I look enormous in pics. I love his sister, but she tends to post group pictures on FB without asking. There is this one that makes me look like I'm 300 pounds, and I'm looking down in it and appear to have a double chin and jowls, which I don't. I have had people message me, asking WTF happened, because I am not "that large" in real life. The wrong angle can make you look double your size.

• afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Omg yes! Even though I'm working hard at maintaining at a 0/00 (down from an 18+) there are days I feel like I look obese/other people must be looking at me like I am. Rationally I know I'm not but the dysmorphia is there and I try to be mindful of it. On "fat girl" days I literally have to take a picture of myself and compare it to seven months ago to be able to have perspective on the whole thing. I'm really hoping my brain catches up soon. I'm sorry the photos bummed you out OP, I bet they're beautiful though <3

90wth8kgvrk0.jpg
    Just quoting to tell you that you are super cute with your hair/leggings in that pic!