Wanna Be Friends - Or Not

Options

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I would like to add I'm a little disappointed I didn't receive at least one FR from this thread.

It's still early!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I collect "friends" on MFP. The hard part is getting them in my van. ;)
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    I pay all my friends so that I can have a friends list. The ones that compliment me get more money.

My bank account is getting a little low, you gorgeous woman you!
  • Domino_75
    Domino_75 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have the coolest people ever on my friends list - I sometimes think they know more about my life then my real life friends do.
    My friends list is big, but I LOVE every one of them! I'm thinking I only asked one or two, the rest asked me, and unless there's a reason, I don't say no...but they are all wonderful, supportive, LIKE-MINDED peeps!

This is why I love MFP. My friends here definitely know me better than people IRL.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    Profanity will never lose it's luster for me.
    Zero fvcks given.

+1
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I would like to add I'm a little disappointed I didn't receive at least one FR from this thread.

I don't participate in hump day so I figured I didn't "qualify"
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »

perhaps he's waiting to see your hump. Could another bromance be blossoming?
  • 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I have the coolest people ever on my friends list - I sometimes think they know more about my life then my real life friends do.

Ok, I am a married man, although my GF is not fond of her, so since you have an open profile can I just creep on you that way...just asking for science sake...

(this is a joke, please do not report me)
  • Domino_75
    Domino_75 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »

Neither do I... I try to avoid MFP on Wednesday's until people put their pants back on.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Domino_75 wrote: »
    My friends list is big, but I LOVE every one of them! I'm thinking I only asked one or two, the rest asked me, and unless there's a reason, I don't say no...but they are all wonderful, supportive, LIKE-MINDED peeps!

This is why I love MFP. My friends here definitely know me better than people IRL.

Agree, 100%
  • 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

Agree, 100%

x3
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I just assume anyone who creates a thread specifically to tell people to add them is very attention seeking...and lazy.

I would agree with you, however, if you aren't adding from an "Add Me" thread, what would cause you to send a friend request to anyone?

When you hang around and lurk and learn, you start to figure out who knows there stuff...who has similar interests from a fitness standpoint, etc...for me it always took a pretty natural course, just like in the real world...you meet people you have in commons with and go from there...I've never been particularly active on my feed though...I'm that friend that might post something once or twice a month or something...and I've never been one for the atta boys!
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I don't send them or accept them. And I don't understand the need for a friend list. Active conversations are taking place 24 hours a day on this site, on every topic imaginable. Anyone's free to join in on these conversations and be friendly if they want to be. For one-on-one chats, there's the PM option. Diaries are often open enabling the curious to see how successful people eat, so there's that too. Seems the Friend List thing is most often used to facilitate cliquishness and exclusivity. I'll pass on that.

I like to sprinkle my wall posts with curse words without them being *kitten censored.
    And my friend list is kicka$$. I love all of them and am pretty dang lucky they like me back. :heart:

Luckily, there are many ways to MFP with a style that suits everyone. Personally, I prefer the public discussion forums over walling because profanity is not allowed. Also I'd prefer not to read profanity, as I have to hear it all the time at my workplace and it's lost its outlaw luster for me. As much as I'm tempted to use a choice word or two on the main forums, I'm forced to come up with more creative solutions which I find challenging and useful :smile: . Although it seemed the profanity filter was broken for awhile. Don't know if they fixed that.
    Zero fvcks given.

Sorry...in for the profanity discussion...

I don't get the idea of "profanity." Who decided that certain words are bad? Aren't "ugly" or "hate" bad words?

If I write, "I really want some feckin pizza right now." That doesn't hurt anyone. I don't see the point of avoiding some words because some random person arbitrarily decided they were "curse" words

On the other hand, I do try to keep it a lil classy in the street. So I save "feck" for when it really calls for it
    I just assume anyone who creates a thread specifically to tell people to add them is very attention seeking...and lazy.

I would agree with you, however, if you aren't adding from an "Add Me" thread, what would cause you to send a friend request to anyone?

I will only send someone a friend request if I've interacted with them in the forums for a certain period of time. That time is directly proportional to how awesome I think their posts are.

Or if they participate in hump day.

This.

But... It's how I decide if I am going to accept or not....

In my 2ish years here, I've sent maybe 7FRs.

One of 7! :tongue: <3
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    Options
    As for sending FR...my list is really full, so you have to really pique my interest (or be hawt + into soccer)

As for accepting, it's.... 1. You seem decidedly cool or funny in some way 2. I haven't seen you be too annoying 3. I've eaten my share of peanut butter for the day and am feeling friendly enough
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    If it's just a random friend request and we haven't "chatted in a forum" I don't accept. I figured they've seen my picture and decided I looked ok and its time to commence with the freaky s**t. I honestly don't get that many random FR though.
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    If it's just a random friend request and we haven't "chatted in a forum" I don't accept. I figured they've seen my picture and decided I looked ok and its time to commence with the freaky s**t. I honestly don't get that many random FR though.

What if the profile pic is of a hat and still send a friend request? Hat fetish?

Only on Tuesdays and bank holidays.

• _SummerGirl_
    _SummerGirl_ Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    jenmar22 wrote: »
    Zero fvcks given.

Sorry...in for the profanity discussion...

I don't get the idea of "profanity." Who decided that certain words are bad? Aren't "ugly" or "hate" bad words?

If I write, "I really want some feckin pizza right now." That doesn't hurt anyone. I don't see the point of avoiding some words because some random person arbitrarily decided they were "curse" words

On the other hand, I do try to keep it a lil classy in the street. So I save "feck" for when it really calls for it

I will only send someone a friend request if I've interacted with them in the forums for a certain period of time. That time is directly proportional to how awesome I think their posts are.

Or if they participate in hump day.

This.

But... It's how I decide if I am going to accept or not....

In my 2ish years here, I've sent maybe 7FRs.

One of 7! :tongue: <3

Feckin? Is that bad? I just go for the full on word...cuz that's how I talk in real life anyhow. Too bad my phone keeps changing it to ducking. :/