Losing 30 pounds by December

Options

Replies

• debP1212
    debP1212 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Joining!
    Would love to lose 20 by 12/25/16.
    Have lost 15 since start of this year, current weight 145.
    Will weigh in this Friday 9/23, and post progress.
    Yay!
  • glossysweetums
    glossysweetums Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114913-accountability-buddies-females-25-40lbs-to-lose

Join this group. It's a group of women that try to stay accountable daily, the group is growing again so there are some more spots.
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114913-accountability-buddies-females-25-40lbs-to-lose

Join this group. It's a group of women that try to stay accountable daily, the group is growing again so there are some more spots.

I clicked to join, sounds like an awesome group! I explained my reasons for wanting to be a part of the group, my goals. When will I hear back if I'm accepted?
    Thank you!

• glossysweetums
    Options
    tuffgirl19 wrote: »

I clicked to join, sounds like an awesome group! I explained my reasons for wanting to be a part of the group, my goals. When will I hear back if I'm accepted?
    Thank you!

Already added you :)
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I'm excited!
  • daisygirl2017
    daisygirl2017 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm 219 now I would love to be under 200 by Christmas!
  • nehaad88
    nehaad88 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am in. How should I join it?
  • jennifergribbintorry
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 180 looking to lose 20lbs by Christmas. Would love to join your group. Today is my first day - time to make a change!

• autumnanjel
    autumnanjel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hope this isn't tmi, but how much does everyone usually gain from TOM? I'm on day 1 of that and have gained 3-4 lbs. I have been logging everything perfectly!
  • melodiefosnaugh1
    Options

Can I join ?
  • glossysweetums
    Options
    @melodiefosnaugh1 of course! Just press join on the link
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Id love to join too please!! I'm 19 and female. 5'3" and would love to hit my goal by next year!
    SW: 181lbs
    CW: 170
    GW: 140

Everyone add me!
  • imblessed
    imblessed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and I am at 189 last time I weighed in. I want to lose 30-40 by the end of December.
  • Nikkidee1
    Nikkidee1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ... just joining in the community - and i am also trying to lose 30 lbs - but by the end of november (before the holidays start rolling in lol). Started at 196, 5'5ish.
    I started a 1200 calorie "diet" ( I put it in quotes, bc there really isnt anything to except counting calories), and have been logging in EVERY DAY(!!) on myfitnesspal for 35 days now. I am down 13.8lbs in just over a month. i know that 1) having my husband on board is helping and 2) logging everything so i can count calories is helping
    i figure that the first month id lose more, and things would slow down, and im okay with that given the time frame i want. After Christmas, i'll reassess my weight/position and time frame to lose more. this time im serious! lol. i say that a lot!
  • Nikkidee1
    Nikkidee1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hope this isn't tmi, but how much does everyone usually gain from TOM? I'm on day 1 of that and have gained 3-4 lbs. I have been logging everything perfectly!

usually i gain about 3lbs. but this month - while ive been sticking hard to my calorie count - i noticed that i didnt lost a single pound last week, which was so demoralizing! but then in the last two days ive dropped 2lbs. so i feel like i didnt "gain" but i didnt lose - and then BAM it came off after TOM. does that make sense? but that was the first time thats ever happened. like i said, usually i can count on a good extra 3lbs for a week each month lol
  • bexid3533
    bexid3533 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Heyyyy how do I join? I'm 176, about 5 ft 5 and would love to lose 20-25 lbs by Xmas :)
  • daisygirl2017
    daisygirl2017 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yup it will fall off after period. Just drink your water
  • Akrunr49
    Akrunr49 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm 5'5". 180... just joined the community really. I'm 6 weeks post pardum and I've lost my initial water and baby weight (38 pounds) and now the rest is all mine! I've got 30 pounds to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. I've been tracking my food daily with very light workouts for now. I'm hoping to lose 15-25 pounds by December. I'm stubborn about buying jeans right now as I'd just like to fit back into my own minus those.that have the maternity bands! XD good luck ladies!
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", currently 174lb (down 21lb from June 2015). Definitely was stuck, and wasn't losing weight for a long while though. My aim is 1 stone/14lb down by Christmas (1lb per week sounds very doable, but in reality....!). After that, there's one more stone to lose (another 14lb, hopefully by May 2017 - my birthday). I know I could be gung-ho and try and push for 20+lb by Christmas, but 1lb a week is steady, and achievable.

I was 175lb last week, so I'm 1lb down, even with my time of the month. My exercise schedule is:

Spin class 2x/week
    Pilates 1x/week
    HIIT class 30 min 1-2x/week
    Gym (weights) 1-2x/week

I'm working hard to keep this routine, so hopefully can get to Christmas healthier and slimmer!
    Weekly weigh in - I'm 1.5lb down from last week, now 172.5lb. Yay! :)

With my calorie count, I was on target for a 1lb loss, so I think the extra sweat that dripped off in a 30degC spin class (it was really hot last week) maybe helped a bit! I've definitely picked up the pace with my exercise schedule - the HIIT classes are new (really, really hard, even though they're only 30 minutes long), so I think that has given an extra push to my weight loss.