Do you hide your gym success?

Options
124»

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Totally hide it. I hate people showing off their bodies, talking all the time about fitness, and stuff.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Totally hide it. I hate people showing off their bodies, talking all the time about fitness, and stuff.

Hardi har har
  • Timshel_
    Options

Hardi har har

7luam.gif
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options

Hardi har har

7luam.gif

Is this "Timshel" a new "Chaelaz" account?
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    I hide it inside this ripped body of mine

You're lying. I found a picture of you on your facebook page totally showing off.

21fu77xktqtc.jpg
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I get this. I don't state many accomplishments because I don't have anything to prove other than to myself. That and finding out how many people want to "one up" or feel threatened if you may be better at something.
  • kdtesoriero
    kdtesoriero Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am extremely outspoken about my weight loss and fitness goals for several reasons. I post it on my FB and Instagram. My reasons is 1) it holds me accountable. At my heaviest I was 325, now 220 and my goal is 160. I started posting on social media when I hit the 100 pound Mark. 2) I find I get motivation to keep going. People IM me and ask questions and some have even asked if I would go to the gym with them to help them and encourage them. 3) i am thinking of expanding my business into weight management and because of that, it's important to get my name or there. To me, I do t want to go back to where I was.
  • winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    jolive7 wrote: »
    jolive7 wrote: »
    I only share my small successes with my mother. My boyfriend doesn't care and I can tell he doesn't really like it. My dad thinks its stupid but he doesn't really like me in the first place. My sister is super fit and everyone is all about my sister so I will always be in her shadow no matter how great I'm doing. Might as well keep my excitement to myself.

Why do you think your boyfriend doesn't like it?

When I used to try to tell him about my workouts or weight loss he would reply with generic answers and quickly change the subject. Or he tells me that I don't need to lose weight. I stopped telling him about it since it didn't seem to matter.

Wow that is not very supportive, I am guessing he doesn't work out? Maybe a bit of guilt if he doesn't? You should be able to share your success with your bf of all people, sorry but I think that is really wrong and I feel bad for you :neutral:

Her situation is very common.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1187

That is a shame, I guess it is strange for me because my partner is my coach and number 1 supporter, I am lucky in that sense

My boyfriend is extremely fit. He has a very intense job that requires him to be in the best possible shape. He is very proud of himself and so am I. I think maybe he just feels threatened? I feel guilty saying that because he is an amazing person but sometimes I feel like maybe he is jealous that I'm starting to get into shape too..
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I also keep myself concealed at the gym. I don't cut up tshirts, or wear shorts. But I'm sure it's easy to tell through my clothes.

I don't understand this with eyecandy men. Go for the cut out and cut up shirts....You've worked hard for it...
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I tell people and show videos if I see an interest. I still have a lot of fitness goals that I want to reach. I tell them because I am proud of myself and maybe it will help them in a way to get serious about fitness.
  • Timshel_
    Options

Hardi har har

7luam.gif

Is this "Timshel" a new "Chaelaz" account?

Chaelaz is still my logging account, This is just my profile account for motivation, support, and fun. :)