How much have you spent on weightloss?

Options

Replies

• somegirlsdo
    somegirlsdo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    • Digital scale :: $30
    • Food Scale :: $12

More than made up for by all of the ice cream and chicken nuggets I'm not buying regularly anymore. My grocery bill is like 1/2 of what it would be if I were still eating out for a significant portion of my meals.
  • LynnBBQ72
    LynnBBQ72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My grocery bill went up - carbs are cheap and meat is not! But if I consider the extra maybe $100 per month at the grocery store, minus the $200 a month I'm saving by not going out to eat as often, plus the $50 I've spent on workout clothes, plus the $25 for more barbell weights, plus the $25 at Goodwill for new pants... that equals out at zero dollars. But then I remember a close relative who spent around $25,000 on weight loss surgery.... so I consider myself ahead by $25,000! Yay me!
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    LynnBBQ72 wrote: »
    My grocery bill went up - carbs are cheap and meat is not! But if I consider the extra maybe $100 per month at the grocery store, minus the $200 a month I'm saving by not going out to eat as often, plus the $50 I've spent on workout clothes, plus the $25 for more barbell weights, plus the $25 at Goodwill for new pants... that equals out at zero dollars. But then I remember a close relative who spent around $25,000 on weight loss surgery.... so I consider myself ahead by $25,000! Yay me!

TWENTY. FIVE. THOUSAND. what on earth did they have done?!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    My spending is more in fitness, but weigh loss did force the new clothes and new bras. I had to get some rings re-sized. I don't even want to think about the amount I have spent on fitness. Trainer, gym membership , clothes, race entries, shoes, etc. All of it I consider money well spent
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I have not spent any money on Weight loss. I suppose I don't eat near as much now and not much take out...so actually less on that front.

Fitness...Yes...membership at the gym $43/mth, some new active wear, shoes. Really it would be things that I would need anyway....well maybe not as many active wear as I have :D It just so happens to be the only thing I like to shop for!! OH and I just ordered my Garmin....so excited!! Can't forget the few jeans that are 4 sizes smaller than I was wearing this time last year :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I spend less on everything. On food because I eat less, on transport because I walk more, on clothes because I can buy cheaper and they last longer.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Gym membership about $400. That's it. I am spending less on food than before.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I've purchased a digital food scale & digital body scale. Workout clothes and new everyday clothes.

Fitness wise: I've purchased dvds, a pole, pole classes & private lessons, and aerial arts classes. I've gone to a PT trying to learn how to do weight lifting, but I stopped going b/c I felt like he wasn't trying to properly teach me b/c he knew once I learned I would drop him. So I have invested money, but it has been worth it.
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    FitBit - a Flex and I've had it for ages. Maybe it was $100 when I got it?
    Membership to Planet Fitness: $20 a month (I pay for the nicer membership so my husband can come with me if he wants)
    Protein shakes, but I'd be eating something else if I didn't have those, so I think they are a wash.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think a better question would be is how much have you spent on gym clothes or gym memberships LOL!
    My MMA membership alone costs me $1,100 per year and it's worth every penny!

Then there's $10 at a gym were I lift and another $20 at a gym where I lift and do classes and there's the occasional drop in at $10-$12 per and the occasional zumb-a-thon for charity for another $10 to $50 and then there's the gym clothes... oh my... I work in a professional office so you would think I would spend more on business clothing, shoes, bags, make-up, etc. Nope.. I spend a small fortune on workout stuff.. sports bras, hair thingies, socks, athletic sneakers, athletic pants, shorts, gloves, etc.. And then there's the gear - Century wave-master bag, heavy weight bag, two or three different pair of boxing gloves, endless amounts of hand-wraps, shin guards, face-guards, dumbbells, barbells, resistance bands, medicine ball... I could open my own gym by now!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Weight loss generally saves me money because I am eating less. Motivation to stick with it by entertaining myself with gadgets can offset that though. Did get myself a fitbit this time around but that is more for fitness than it is for weight loss.
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yeah the FitBit is really just for fun, but if I can have fun trying to walk more than my friends in these silly FitBit challenges I'm always invited to, that's not so bad. There are worse forms of entertainment.
  • itsmemalak
    itsmemalak Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Gym membership is a must for me
    Waist trainers
    The healthy food maybe but honestly it was more expensive before
    Dietician
    Still need to buy a food scale though.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    itsmemalak wrote: »
    Gym membership is a must for me
    Waist trainers
    The healthy food maybe but honestly it was more expensive before
    Dietician
    Still need to buy a food scale though.

These don't work. Save your money.
  • 808Trish808
    808Trish808 Posts: 122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    So far i've spent on my Fitbit, food scale, weight scale and workout clothes. Walking, running and MFP are free!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options
    akf2000 wrote: »
    LynnBBQ72 wrote: »

TWENTY. FIVE. THOUSAND. what on earth did they have done?!

Probably gastric bypass surgery.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    A big fat whopping 0.
    Scale and fitbit were gifts. I work out at home with weights I got for free. Had everything else and don't see the point of mfp premium.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Tons on Jenny Craig food, but I love the way it tastes. I don't cook. :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The majority of my money went to my home gym (equipment, weights, workout dvd's etc.), clothes and footwear.

My shoe size shrunk 2 sizes and went from wide-width to regular. I had to replace all of my shoes, boots and heels.

I went through a lot of clothes, coats and jackets during and after shrinking down 6 dress sizes.

I bought a Nutribullet about 3 years ago that I use daily and that I love.

My ring had to get resized twice!

My food scale cost $11.

Lastly....after a couple of years of eating healthy I no longer need to wear glasses since my eyesight has gotten stronger, so I'm saving money on that too!

Now that I am maintaining I have a pretty sweet collection of cute clothes, shoes, fitness gear and sneakers. I still have to get some clothes like dresses and skirts tailored to fit my curves. I don't mind though!
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    other than shoes.... not a penny. But I do go through shoes every few months...lol