quick breakfasts I could take with me to work?

Options

Replies

• Debkam
    Debkam Posts: 80
    Options
    People think oatmeal is boring, but there is so much you can do with it! Get plain oats instead of instant, and try them cold! I just prepared my breakfast for tomorrow and put it in the fridge. I did 1/2 cup oats, 1 T crunchy PB, 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 T cocoa powder, and 1 packet of splenda. So yummy!
    or try 1/2 cup oats, 2/3 cup milk, then add blueberries and maple syrup in the morning. I love overnight oats. And if you put them in a tupperware, just grab and go!

I just made mine yesterday in the crockpot with water. They turned out REALLY creamy. I added agave syrup and strawberries. YUM!
  • ladyjade68
    ladyjade68 Posts: 56
    Options
    Hungry Girl website has some breakfast mugs - with eggbeaters in a coffee mug. The ones I tried were tasty. and something you can do in an office microwave (or at home while doing makeup).
    Definitely good for breakfast! She also has great tips for making oatmeal better! easy to put in a container and heat up in the microwave!
  • ktshealth
    ktshealth Posts: 21
    Options
    I have a protein shake every morning. It's just like eating a DQ Blizzard! I buy the unsweetened frozen strawberries, unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop of Jillian Michael's Chocolate Protein powder, and 1 small banana. Put in processor and blend and it comes out thick and delicious.
  • MiladyMetal
    MiladyMetal Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I fill cupcake tins with different veggies like chopped spinach, zuchinni, onions, mushrooms then top with egg beaters (cartons of egg whites) and bake a bunch for the week. All I have to do is pull out 2 egg cups and stick them between a toasted bagel thin for an awesome and quick 250 calorie breakfast!
    Be sure to spray cupcake tins with Pam and add whatever seasoning to egg beaters

Trader joes High Fiber cereal topped with berries and 1 cup of Almond Milk is another great breakfast for low cals
    I love this idea, and need to try it! I am just curious at what degrees Fahrenheit do you bake it at and for how long? Thanks so much!! <3

BTW my fave in the morning is 1 whole egg and two egg white scrambled in a bit of Pam butter spray, with a side of wheat toast and a slight spray of Pam butter spray and lightly dusted with cinnamon sugar! OR Homemade Granola cereal with 1/2 c 1% milk or just the granola out of the bag with a fruit! I make 2 weeks worth of the granola cereal and freeze it to keep it crunchy and fresh for up to 3 months!
  • TheGeezNeez
    TheGeezNeez Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I usually end up eating my breakfast at my desk to! Lately I've been eating toast with half an avocado mashed on top with some chia seeds sprinkled on it....so simple but keeps me full for a long time:)

This sounds amazing! I love avacado! I'm going to have this for breakfast next week. :)
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I fill cupcake tins with different veggies like chopped spinach, zuchinni, onions, mushrooms then top with egg beaters (cartons of egg whites) and bake a bunch for the week. All I have to do is pull out 2 egg cups and stick them between a toasted bagel thin for an awesome and quick 250 calorie breakfast!
    Be sure to spray cupcake tins with Pam and add whatever seasoning to egg beaters

Trader joes High Fiber cereal topped with berries and 1 cup of Almond Milk is another great breakfast for low cals

This sounds like a great idea. Thank-you!
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    1/2 cup oats, 1 T crunchy PB, 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 T cocoa powder, and 1 packet of splenda.

I just made this for breakfast tmrw. Thanks for all the ideas!!!
  • azalee1502
    Options
    bolw of cereal,coffe,2toast with strawberry jelli and 2 eggs
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Low Cal Baked Oatmeal

50 Minutes to Prepare and Cook
    Ingredients
    1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
    1 C egg whites (Egg Beaters)
    1 Tbsp cinnamon
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp vanilla
    3 C dry old fashioned oatmeal
    1 C nonfat milk*
    Cool Whip, 2 Tbsp per serving
    *use Lactose Free for extra sweetness

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 F.
    Spray 9x9 cooking pan with non-stick spray. Whisk applesauce and eggs.
    Add cinnamon, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Whisk again.
    Add Oatmeal, then milk.
    Mix well.
    Spread batter into 9X9 pan.
    Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
    Let cool slightly.
    Slice into 12 bars.
    Can be warmed in microwave and topped with Cool Whip for a desert. Freezes and packs well too.

Number of Servings: 12

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 12
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 112.1
    Total Fat: 2.6 g
    Cholesterol: 0.7 mg
    Sodium: 273.4 mg
    Total Carbs: 17.0 g
    Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
    Protein: 5.7 g

Source: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=75505
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options

are they freezable? or do you keep them in the fridge?
  • Lesliecs
    Options
    These Muffin Cup Eggs are really good and yes, they are freezable. I learned about them years ago on the South Beach program. There are so many thingsyou can do with them..... add peppers, turkey bacon crumbles, any veggies you want. I take them out of the freezer in the morning and by the time I get to work they are thawed and ready to heat in the microwave. Add a light wheat muffin and it's a yummy filling breakfast.
  • tmptina
    tmptina Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi! great idea, what temp do you cook them on and for how long?
  • Lesliecs
    Options
    This is one of my favorite Egg Muffin recipes - originally posted by Milagras13

I love these one egg muffin is a little over 100 calories and it is so yummy.

Makes 12

* 1/2 pound bulk Turkey sausage
    * 12 eggs
    * 1/2 cup chopped onion
    * 1/4 cup chopped green, red, & yellow pepper
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 1/4 teaspoon pepper
    * 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    * 1/2 cup shredded Low fat Cheddar cheese

-You can add any veggies that you like in a omelet.

-I use Turkey sausage patties and crumble them into the mixture. instead of cooking the ground turkey sausage.

Directions

1. In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add onion, green pepper, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir in sausage and cheese.
    2. Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into greased muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.

• blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i make the egg muffins similar to what someone else had said. add some smoked paprika and cracked black pepper with the veggies, SO yummy! I also chop up a jalapeno string cheese and divide it up among the muffins. I love the oatmeal ideas too, I'm going to have to try some. Thanks for all of the ideas! :)
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me is usually one of the following:

Cottage Cheese with fruit compote/jam
    Shake made with whey protein, 2% milk, & a scoop of chocolate slimfast
    Greek yogurt + honey
    PB&J on toast

Or if I'm in a super hurry, I'll swing through McD's and get an egg mcmuffin w/o meat, no hashbrown, & an apple juice to drink.
  • realdisco
    realdisco Posts: 9
    Options
    If you have a portable cup/bottle, and a hand blender, you can make a smoothie to take with you.
    I always heard people suggest doing smoothies, but never tried it till last week. Just make sure you don't have too much sugar content (juice) and add some protein and it's a very satisfying breakfast!

I tried this:

8 oz water
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
    1 frozen banana
    1 tablespoon almond butter

Blend with the handblender, pour into your cup and go. It's f*%n awesome.
  • donsgrl01
    donsgrl01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm about to google tea eggs, that sounds really good!!
  • charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    love the idea of the veggies/eggs in a muffin tin!
  • jessicarn76
    jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I used the veggie/egg beater muffin thing with a light english muffin, ff cheese slice and one turkey sausage patty this morning. Who needs mcdonalds sausage egg cheese mcmuffin? 21gm of protein! Tuesdays are my late day at work so I knew I wouldn't be eating lunch until close to 3. This kept me satisfied easily until then!