Midnight Pee + Cottonmouth

Options
2»

Replies

• luv2shimmy
    luv2shimmy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was also going to ask if there was a chance you could be pregnant. Each of the three times I was pregnant, the first sign I had was having to pee several times per night.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    t_tullius wrote: »
    I was also going to ask if there was a chance you could be pregnant. Each of the three times I was pregnant, the first sign I had was having to pee several times per night.

Same here. With my first I actually told my husband I was either pregnant or diabetic. Door #1...
  • savingfatsamira
    savingfatsamira Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    You've gotten good advice. I will add, is it possible you are pregnant? When I was pregnant with both of my kids the first symptom I had was waking up to pee during the night. I never did that at any other time in my 20's. As I got older though it has been pretty common for me to wake up during the night to pee and not drinking too late in the evening is the only thing that helps. Sinus problems and allergies can definitely be a cause for cotton mouth.

I just realized recently it MIGHT be a possibility.
  • Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My nocturnal pee habits stem from medication (i.e Lithium). My last fluids are @7pm but makes little difference.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I can't remember the last time I have NOT gotten up in the middle of night, and I stop drinking at 5:00 in the evening..

Are you still new to decreasing calories in general means less carbs perhaps? On any medication?
    Adjusted carbs, increased your hydration, reduced sodium? anything.. ?

I stop drinking around 8, and go to bed at 9:30 -10.
    I've only been doing this about a month. Decreased carbs and sodium. And severely increased my hydration. I used to only drink sofa, and now I ONLY drink water. No medication.

You increased fluid intake while simultaneously decreasing your bodies storage and regulation capacity for fluids and you're wondering why you suddenly have to pee more often.

Probably cancer. Sorry to have to give you the bad news
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Stop your water earlier during the day.
    How much water do you drink during the day? :grey_question::grey_question:
  • savingfatsamira
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I can't remember the last time I have NOT gotten up in the middle of night, and I stop drinking at 5:00 in the evening..

Are you still new to decreasing calories in general means less carbs perhaps? On any medication?
    Adjusted carbs, increased your hydration, reduced sodium? anything.. ?

I stop drinking around 8, and go to bed at 9:30 -10.
    I've only been doing this about a month. Decreased carbs and sodium. And severely increased my hydration. I used to only drink sofa, and now I ONLY drink water. No medication.

You increased fluid intake while simultaneously decreasing your bodies storage and regulation capacity for fluids and you're wondering why you suddenly have to pee more often.

Probably cancer. Sorry to have to give you the bad news

Love the unneeded sarcasam.
    Was moreso wondering why if I'm drinking so much more, why would I have cottonmouth.

• savingfatsamira
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Stop your water earlier during the day.
    How much water do you drink during the day? :grey_question::grey_question:
    70-120 fluid ounces.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I wake up maybe 1-2 times per night to pee...but I drink a lot of water before bed due to cottonmouth.

Certain meds and 'smoking meds' can cause cotton mouth, too.
  • savingfatsamira
    Options
    I wake up maybe 1-2 times per night to pee...but I drink a lot of water before bed due to cottonmouth.

Certain meds and 'smoking meds' can cause cotton mouth, too.
    I stopped smoking weed a few months ago. And surprisingly never got cotton mouth from that! Lol.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I have to ask because I never know if I've just never had "cotton mouth" or if it just means "thirst"...?
  • changeofseason
    changeofseason Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Waking to pee and cottonmouth are two common symptoms of sleep apnea.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Others have said it ... see your doctor. Is it possible you are pregnant? Do you snore, it's possible you have sleep apnea. Have you had your blood glucose checked by your doctor this year? Are you eating high sodium or high carb snacks between dinner and sleep? Are you drinking alcohol in the evening?
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    We are experiencing a lot of pollen this time of year. Is it possible that you have an allergy to pollen? That can cause mouth breathing and dry mouth at night from nasal passages being stuffed up.