1234568»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    daleis49 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I finally tried the chocolate mocha chocolate chip... but unfortunately ended up spending some time in the bathroom afterwards again.

So I guess that's the end of my love story with Halo Top. Sigh.

Ditto!!

Glad it's not just me, lol. It's just a bit much of a coincidence that it seemed to happen 2 (or 3) times out of the 5 times I had some, considering that I typically don't have any issues in that aspect otherwise.

Enlightened doesn't seem to do that to me but frankly I just don't think it's worth the calories anymore, sadly.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I like Halo Top, but Halo Top doesn't like me. Between the lactose that defies lactaid and the sugar alcohols... it's just not happening for me any more.

It was fun while it lasted, Mint Chocolate Chip.
  • poorlittlefish
    poorlittlefish Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Love this stuff! I live in MN and get it at a local chain called Kowalski's but for $6.99 per pint there is guilt involved!
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Halo top is yummy the Birthday cake is my fav by far. My husband is obsessed with Arctic zero salted caramel. Arctic zero is ok, not too bad, but the Halo Top birthday cake is the bomb. (Note: Halo top has about twice as many calories as Arctic zero 280 per pint compared to 140)
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    st476 wrote: »
    So I went to Whole Foods today and bought the mint chip and chocolate ones, and it's way better than Arctic Zero! So much more like actual ice cream. I put it in one of those 10 calorie ice cream cones so I don't eat the entire pint lol

What 10 calories ice cream cones are you referring to? this sounds too good to be true LOL
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I was planning to go to Whole Foods today! I'd never been before, and we had a presentation at work about the store. How much is it?
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    st476 wrote: »
    I've been trying to find these but I can't! Have you (or anyone who sees this) had Arctic Zero? Does it taste similar or better?

I just checked and the Whole Foods near me has them. If you don't have it locally, they have an option to buy online.

http://www.halotop.com/where-to-buy/
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Halo Top has a new Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor but it's not widely distributed yet. So far people have reported seeing it at Kroger. Has anyone tried it?
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I must be the only person on earth who dislikes this stuff. Bought the lemon flavor a few weeks ago as that's all that was in stock. Took two bites and it promptly went in the trash.
  • Maxematics
    Options
    So far I know that they'll be unveiling new flavors on the 10th of this month. I know two of them are Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Pistachio. There is speculation on a Red Velvet or Cherry Chocolate flavor as well. I'm not sure of the total amount of flavors they'll be announcing.
  • Maxematics
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    So far I know that they'll be unveiling new flavors on the 10th of this month. I know two of them are Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Pistachio. There is speculation on a Red Velvet or Cherry Chocolate flavor as well. I'm not sure of the total amount of flavors they'll be announcing.

1. Cookies and cream
    2. Oatmeal cookie
    3. Red velvet
    4. Pistachio
    5. Chocolate chip cookie dough
    6. Chocolate almond crunch
    7. Peanut butter cup
    8. Smores
    9. Sea salt caramel
    10. Black cherry

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Hopefully the stores around me get them in soon after the 10th.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    So I drove 30 minutes to the only place that carries halo top which is whole foods. Got a chocolate and a birthday cake. They are both amazing. It kind of sucks its so amazing cause it's 30 minute drive to get more and 6$ a pint. Ugh. Soooooo good though. Way better than arctic zero.
  • Frenchgrad
    Frenchgrad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    After reading about Halo Top all this time, I finally saw it at my local Lund's. It was $5.59/pint, so I was hesitant. But yesterday it was on sale for $3.60/pint, so I grabbed one. Trouble is that the selection was very picked over and only 4 flavors were available. I bought Lemon Cake and just finished my first taste. Wow, this stuff is awesome! Great lemon flavor and creamy and only 60 calories per 1/2 cup! I'm now a believer. :smile: