5'9, weigh 164...goal is 140 in 68 days is this possible?

Options

Replies

• alienws1998
    alienws1998 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    In the words of Taylor Swift "Haters gonna hate hate hate hate"...no I didn't no start morbidly obese. Yes I'm a dude, I started at 6 ft 193, down 21 pounds in a lil over 2 months. And since I didn't describe how I did it, the person who suggested I did it unhealthy does know that one way or the other. So again OP it can be done and don't let anyone tell you it cant.

Selective readers gonna select select select select

Bad advice spouters gonna bad bad bad bad

Clueless comparers gonna compare compare compare compare

Say what ya want, it works for me. Works very well and I didn't give out any advice, at all. I simple said it's possible because I've done it. I never said how or offered any advice. Just answered her question that it is possible. Bye Felicia
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    In the words of Taylor Swift "Haters gonna hate hate hate hate"...no I didn't no start morbidly obese. Yes I'm a dude, I started at 6 ft 193, down 21 pounds in a lil over 2 months. And since I didn't describe how I did it, the person who suggested I did it unhealthy does know that one way or the other. So again OP it can be done and don't let anyone tell you it cant.

Say what ya want, it works for me. Works very well and I didn't give out any advice, at all. I simple said it's possible because I've done it. I never said how or offered any advice. Just answered her question that it is possible. Bye Felicia

The OP asked if it was realistic for her. Not for you. The point I'm making is that what is realistic/possible for Person A is not necessarily realistic/possible for Person B. In general, the theme on these boards is to try to give useful advice and answer questions in a useful way. That means considering the asker's situation, not simply your own, when commenting.
  • alienws1998
    Options

The OP asked if it was realistic for her. Not for you. The point I'm making is that what is realistic/possible for Person A is not necessarily realistic/possible for Person B. In general, the theme on these boards is to try to give useful advice and answer questions in a useful way. That means considering the asker's situation, not simply your own, when commenting.

She didn't ask if she should, I never said weither she should or not. Nor did I give her any advice on how to do it. I answered the question she asked. As you are NOT her doctor, you know nothing about her preexisting health conditions, metabolism rate, medications she's on that could effect her weight loss, any of that you can not suggest or advise her either. All I said was that it is possible to do, which is a true statement. Just because you couldn't do something doesn't mean she can't, or shouldn't. Just because I could (and did!) doesn't mean she should or even can. So I answered her question, it is possible to do. No twisting the post around to make you feel better about your own struggles will change that fact. No opinion or advice will change the fact that it IS possible.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I'm rough the same height as you, got down to 164, but actually hit the best shape of my life around 172.

My advice would be eating a little under maintenance and make sure you're on a good lifting program. This may help you get to the aesthetics you're after faster than trying to lose another 20lbs.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you, 159 pounds. Your weight loss goal is too aggressive.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I would start with a sustainable diet and see where it takes you. You will probably start looking good way before you hit your goal weight which will no longer be relevant
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    God I wish I knew how to post a pic of my progress chart. I'm down 21 pounds in like 65 days without any exercise. So yes it is possible, best of luck and feel free to message me directly if you have any questions.

Just because you've lost weight quickly does not make it safe.

Op, take your time. There is no reason to lose weight quickly. Slow and steady wins the eacw!

This. SO much this. The "I did it, so it is possible for you too" never flies.
  • alienws1998
    Options
    God I wish I knew how to post a pic of my progress chart. I'm down 21 pounds in like 65 days without any exercise. So yes it is possible, best of luck and feel free to message me directly if you have any questions.

Op, take your time. There is no reason to lose weight quickly. Slow and steady wins the eacw!

Neither does the "because I can't you shouldn't" advice I keep seeing
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

How much weight do you have to lose? Are you within a healthy BMI range?

These things matter...someone who has more to lose can and generally will lose faster than someone who doesn't have much to lose and/or is at a healthy BMI already and just looking at vanity Lbs.

1% of total BW per week should be max...beyond that, you're torching lean mass.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options

Once again, OP is within a healthy weight range. You were in the overweight range. The less you need to lose, the slower you lose it. Full stop.

"I did it, so can you" assumes all things are equal. They are not.

Disagreeing with your bad and not useful proclamations doesn't make anyone a hater.

• alienws1998
    Options
    bethannien wrote: »

Once again, OP is within a healthy weight range. You were in the overweight range. The less you need to lose, the slower you lose it. Full stop.

Disagreeing with your bad and not useful proclamations doesn't make anyone a hater.

I answered her question. The answer is yes it is possible. If you think the truth is bad I'd recommend getting a clear piece of glass medically inserted so you can see. :) she asked, I answered. I'm done with the forums on this site. Frame of mind is important, and negative attitudes are counter productive. Yes the OP can do it. I never told her how, or that she should only that she can. Just because you failed, had slower results or want to feel better about yourself by telling other people they can't doesn't change the fact that YES ITS POSSIBLE. Bye Felicia, say what you. OP, dm me if you want to know how I will give you step by step instructions and you can prove all the haters wrong like I did
  • bethannien
    Options

I answered her question. The answer is yes it is possible. If you think the truth is bad I'd recommend getting a clear piece of glass medically inserted so you can see. :) she asked, I answered. I'm done with the forums on this site. Frame of mind is important, and negative attitudes are counter productive. Yes the OP can do it. I never told her how, or that she should only that she can. Just because you failed, had slower results or want to feel better about yourself by telling other people they can't doesn't change the fact that YES ITS POSSIBLE. Bye Felicia, say what you. OP, dm me if you want to know how I will give you step by step instructions and you can prove all the haters wrong like I did

"You guys don't agree with me so I'm going to take my ball and go home!"

Listen up buttercup, I actually have been able to quickly lose weight in the past. I've done LCHF and weight just fell off. I've done CICO and rapidly lost weight as well! The common theme being? I was obese/overweight. I had a ton to lose so maintaining a deep enough deficit to do so was possible and not at all miserable.

The less weight you have to lose, the less calories your body needs to function and as a result, the harder it is to maintain a steep enough deficit to lose 2.5+ lbs per week as OP is wanting to do.

You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Also the faster you lose, the higher percentage of that weight lose is muscle and fluid not fat especially if you don't exercise.
  • jemhh
    edited September 2016
    Options

Listen up buttercup, I actually have been able to quickly lose weight in the past. I've done LCHF and weight just fell off. I've done CICO and rapidly lost weight as well! The common theme being? I was obese/overweight. I had a ton to lose so maintaining a deep enough deficit to do so was possible and not at all miserable.

The less weight you have to lose, the less calories your body needs to function and as a result, the harder it is to maintain a steep enough deficit to lose 2.5+ lbs per week as OP is wanting to do.

I'm convinced he's a troll or trying to sell something. The repeated invites to PM him for details have me convinced. Not worth arguing with him.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Yes I get a strong mlm salesperson vibe from the posts
  • bethannien
    Options

I'm convinced he's a troll or trying to sell something. The repeated invites to PM him for details have me convinced. Not worth arguing with him.

well he's a crabby salesman. He reported me for abuse on both of my posts lol
  • The_Original_Beauty
    The_Original_Beauty Posts: 162 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It IS possible but is it safe? Maybe not...if you had a lot of weight to lose then you could. What's the rush? I am for 10lbs, when you make that aim for 15lbs etc. This is for life :)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Neither does the "because I can't you shouldn't" advice I keep seeing
    I can lose weight and have lost almost 100lbs. Your point?
    Nothing.
    But it's not 'because I can't' it is 'because you shouldn't, you're already at a healthy weight".
  • jemhh
    edited September 2016
    Options

well he's a crabby salesman. He reported me for abuse on both of my posts lol

I noticed that too. Must be a new sales method :grin:
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, the standard rec is to aim to lose no more than 1% of your body weight per week. The truth is, your body can only utilize so much of your stored fat at a time. Add to that the fact that you are already in a healthy weight range, which makes it even harder. So if you were to lose more than 1 - 1.5 lbs per week, you would most likely be losing a fair amount of muscle along with the fat. So set your goal to 1 lb per week, eat your calories, lift heavy things, and you will probably look better in 68 days losing 10 lbs that way than if you crash diet your way down 20 lbs.