Eating Clean

Options
HUNIBUN2022
HUNIBUN2022 Posts: 40 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Anyone else trying to eat clean? Iv been eating clean for 2 weeks now, going to be starting my exercise routine tomorrow Hammer and Chisel. Need motivation and encouragement to lose 15 lbs.
Feel free to add me.

Replies

• HUNIBUN2022
    HUNIBUN2022 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I meant to say Eat Clean lol
  • turnerbh52
    turnerbh52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's not what eating clean means, Tom K! :) . I have been doing keto / low carb for about 13 months now. I lost 15 lbs that way within 6 weeks of starting the program, and I have kept it off with a little yoyo-ing (1 - 3 lbs). I avoid as much processed food as I can, no soda pop, no aspartame, no white breads, white potatoes, white rice, or pasta for the most part (85% of the time). Good luck!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    turnerbh52 wrote: »
    That's not what eating clean means, Tom K! :) . I have been doing keto / low carb for about 13 months now. I lost 15 lbs that way within 6 weeks of starting the program, and I have kept it off with a little yoyo-ing (1 - 3 lbs). I avoid as much processed food as I can, no soda pop, no aspartame, no white breads, white potatoes, white rice, or pasta for the most part (85% of the time). Good luck!

white potatoes aren't processed food...white potatoes are a whole food and a highly nutritious one at that...compare the nutritional information to that and a sweet potato...pretty much the same...which is why it's hilarious that one is "bad" and the other is a "super food."

As to the OP...I guess it depends on your definition...some people would say that my diet is pretty clean...others wouldn't depending on their definition.

Potatoes are food of the gods. I could live on them and cottage cheese quite happily.

I love them...I eat vegetarian 3-4 days of the week and they're pretty much staples...I eat a lot of sweet potatoes too....
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Domestos tends to do the trick. Bit of an aftertaste, mind.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    That's not what eating clean means, Tom K! :). I have been doing keto / low carb for about 13 months now. I lost 15 lbs that way within 6 weeks of starting the program, and I have kept it off with a little yoyo-ing (1 - 3 lbs). I avoid as much processed food as I can, no soda pop, no aspartame, no white breads, white potatoes, white rice, or pasta for the most part (85% of the time). Good luck!

I'm in maintenance, and my weight fluctuates naturally up to 6 pounds in the course of a few days.

I think you lost weight through a calorie deficit :p

What is clean eating to you? (Having to ask such a question should tell you how meaningless the concept is. If not, ask around and see for yourself.) How would you describe processed food, and why avoid it? What's wrong with white bread, rice, potatoes and pasta?
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Everyone is different. Whatever will work long term for each of us is the way to go, IMHO.

I have lost over 1/2 of my current body weight and have kept it off for almost 3 years, eating all foods in moderation, nothing off limits. This is the best way for me to keep this sustainable. No one would define my diet as "clean" eating by any definition. That way of eating went by the wayside after the first 2 months here when I discovered it would never work for me.

............oh, & OP, my normal weight fluctuation has been 3 pounds for almost 3 years now. For me, I don't think of it as "yo-yoing".
  • Red_Pill
    Red_Pill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Brown rice, whole wheat bread etc are just as dirty as white rice and white bread.

White rice is dirty? First time I'm hearing that. I think the correct term should be "food I don't feel fat eating". For the record white potatoes will forever be tastier than sweet potatoes (for me). Sweet potatoes are literally too sweet for me to enjoy.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Mr_Ryder wrote: »
    Brown rice, whole wheat bread etc are just as dirty as white rice and white bread.

White rice is dirty? First time I'm hearing that. I think the correct term should be "food I don't feel fat eating". For the record white potatoes will forever be tastier than sweet potatoes (for me). Sweet potatoes are literally too sweet for me to enjoy.

No I wasn't implying that. Just picking apart that poster's statement. Notuch difference between white and brown rice and potatoes and sweet potatoes.