what if you died in the next 5 minutes

Options
13»

Replies

• Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    Options
    That my 15 week old daughter wouldn't be old enough to remember who I am and that I wouldn't be able to be a part of her life.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I like this topic, but there is no way that I can top the first response. Add me to the "no regrets" list, but I guess I would take a minute to reflect that I didn't live long enough for science to figure out immortality.
    -wtk
  • Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I would regret being too shy @ parties D: I do get the urge to flail around like a fool at parties but hold myself back, instead just get lost in convos :/
  • Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    Options
    Having lost my brother two weeks ago, I find this topic morbid and complete out of place, even in the Chit-Chat section.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I don't think Gramps knew about that, though. I suspect he was just trying to get people thinking.

I too am sorry for your loss, but this is not personally edged towards you or anyone in specific. It is not morbid we are merely looking back on our life and into our future to see what we would regret that way we can make every minute, day, week better because of it!
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    Having lost my brother two weeks ago, I find this topic morbid and complete out of place, even in the Chit-Chat section.

I am sorry for your loss, however, I am sorry I disagree with you about the topic. It is not morbid not inappropriate.

Agreed.

Very sorry for your loss. I know what your going through, I lost a brother in December and nearly lost another one 3 weeks ago but I don't see anything wrong with this post at all.

As for what I would regret.....I have a few regrets but I think I will go with losing someone important to me because I was to young and scared to take a chance, 20+ years later I still wonder "what if"...
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i think some people need to realize death is a part of life. i hate losing loved ones more than anything but it happens. Im sorry for anyones loss.
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    That I never got away from my shyness and that I never found a decent guy.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    It would depend on how I died. I may not have time to think about regrets. And even if I had time to think about them it wouldn't matter either way. I could have all the regrets in the world but when my last breath goes anything I ever did or didn't do in life would no longer matter.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    My biggest regret would be the possibility of not knowing how many people I took with me. Trust me.. it would be violent, assuming I knew the end was near.

I have a list and gas money just for this.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    My biggest regret would be the possibility of not knowing how many people I took with me. Trust me.. it would be violent, assuming I knew the end was near.

At first I laughed at this, then I thought I hope I don't live anywhere near you!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

This is why it is good to be friends with koosdel.
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The only regret I have is not figuring out sooner that I need to do exactly what I want - for me - with the time I have. And when I "have" to do something I try to make the best of it. Yeah, sounds kinda selfish. But it took me most of my twenties to figure out that at the end of the day, it is me that matters most...Without ME in MY life, what else is there?
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options

This is why it is good to be friends with koosdel.

maybe I should send him an add request....