• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    bang his friend

never txt him
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have found that guys aren't to great at being the first to text. They don't usually have anything to say, and it doesn't occur to them that we need the affirmations from them afterwards. If you want him to text first, tell him too.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    bang his friend

never txt him

Heck, that might turn some guys on. If it's a hookup, only text him/her when you want a repeat. Otherwise, go on about your merry way until, or unless, you hit a dry spell.
  • kumho
    kumho Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters who text first
    I you like each other your both text at the same time
  • jtegirl
    jtegirl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    No, there are not rules. If you do something the man doesn't like, and he doesn't date you because of it, it's not because you broke an imaginary rule. It's because you are not what he wants. Trying to play along to some bs notion of "rules" is manipulative at best. Be yourself and do what you want. Either he will like you or he won't. Better to find out sooner than later.

Absolutely, especially the bolded part! F playing games. Isn't it better to be with someone who will like you for who you really are? If you want to text, go for it. If he doesn't like it, on to the next!
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    I thought hooking up was the wild west of dating. You are already operating outside of societal "rules," why are you asking for rules for unruliness?

That's like someone on a diet going to Wendy's and asking what the rules are for adding ketchup to their bacon cheddar fries.

You willing to give up the diamonds and you are scared to make a text?

Whooo, Dave Chappel was right. The stock price of vagina has really tumbled over the years.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I thought hooking up was the wild west of dating. You are already operating outside of societal "rules," why are you asking for rules for unruliness?

That's like someone on a diet going to Wendy's and asking what the rules are for adding ketchup to their bacon cheddar fries.

You willing to give up the diamonds and you are scared to make a text?

Whooo, Dave Chappel was right. The stock price of vagina has really tumbled over the years.

Great analogy!
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options
    I know not sure understand the issue.... It was a hook up... Like you literally met up for *kitten*. Why are you worried about who should text first? What are you going to text him about if you did text him? "Hey, just wondering if you had a good time?"
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    There are no rules. If you are interested go ahead and contact him.
    My mom was the first to make contact. And it took a few times but now they have been together for 27 years. And my dad has said if it wasn't for her contacting they would not be together.
    Who knows maybe he just needs that push.

Though that first hook up resulted in me. Hope that won't be the reason you guys push to see if there's anything between you guys.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »
    There are no rules. If you are interested go ahead and contact him.
    My mom was the first to make contact. And it took a few times but now they have been together for 27 years. And my dad has said if it wasn't for her contacting they would not be together.
    Who knows maybe he just needs that push.

Though that first hook up resulted in me. Hope that won't be the reason you guys push to see if there's anything between you guys.

Feel like:
    avlc7ogjyrd4.jpg

• daleisfortynine
    Options
    If it's just a hookup, why would she even have your number?
  • pbandwine
    pbandwine Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Whoever came first.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    If you want to text him do it. If you don't, don't. Life's too short to play games. Whether you text first or he does you'll know shortly if someone isn't interested.

Nice to see an adult in the thread. Thumbs up.
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    @_birdy_ Yes Ma'am, I would leave a voicemail. If they didn't return my call...move on. What is a text? Nothing more than a voicemail without speaking. Me personally would like to hear their voice if I was interested...
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    You should get a 3rd party to text for both parties involved.