Is a day off ok?

Options
I started insanity on Wednesday. Did it religiously, as well as my dance workout and walks. I have dropped two pant sizes ( not since Wednesday, since I started) and the number on the scale went down this morning. However, I feel like I am burnt out. I started the insanity disc this morning, but turned it off when my chest started hurting. Did my dance, but turned it off after 1 song, and tried a YouTube workout, but turned it off too. Is one day off going to hurt or do I just need to get my butt in gear and force myself through something?

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Rest days are important for muscle recovery.

Google "exercise rest days" for more information.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body.. if you feel drained.. taking a day of rest or even two if needed will actually work in your favor.
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. I think I might just take today and deep clean the house. :smile: maybe I'll get a little calorie burn there. :neutral:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Of course it's okay :)
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to whip myself back into my workouts after today? I don't find them that fun anymore (at least not insanity) but I don't want to quit. I feel like I committed to it and need to keep at it. And the workout I was doing before just wasn't challenging enough, even at the highest intensity.