HFLC Dieters

Options
i've been doing high fat low carbohydrate diet for about two weeks. I'm experiencing surprising success and I'm excited about it. I would like to find other folks who enjoy this way of eating.

Replies

• kmcarthur911
    kmcarthur911 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm currently Keto, I've been doing it for 4 months with awesome results. I feel you about the excitement, this is such a hobby to me as well as a lifestyle.
  • CirocBda
    CirocBda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well ladies going to put a men into the conversation, I too am Keto for three months with great results (21Ibs.) very true it is a hobby as well as a lifestyle. Two weeks is great hang in there it only gets easier.
    What bothers me are the na sayiers, you are going to kill yourself etc. And this usually comes from people who need to be on a Keto diet more then I do......seriously obese people just looking for an excuse not to do something about the condition they are in.
    I personally am doing Keto for myself I want to be fit by fifty, you need to do this for yourself nobody else remember that.
  • knicolebrown1920
    Options
    Hello. I've been keto 2 weeks. This is week three for me.
  • tags94
    tags94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm starting KETO and would like meal ideas. I hope you all accept my friend request. :-)
  • MurphyMcnasty
    MurphyMcnasty Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Keto here! Week 12 starts today! Feel free to send me a request. I need more keto minded pals.
  • scrivnerbob
    scrivnerbob Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Week 3 for me of the HFLC / Keto lifestyle - Already feeling a difference and my blood sugars have come down.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ecoP48 wrote: »
    i've been doing high fat low carbohydrate diet for about two weeks. I'm experiencing surprising success and I'm excited about it. I would like to find other folks who enjoy this way of eating.

If you want more people to work with, I would recommend using this group. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Also, just to note, it is not uncommon to see huge losses in weight the first few weeks as your body will deplete glycogen stores. And make sure you get adequate sodium (3000-5000mg) to help with electrolyte balance.