MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Options
:heart: MISSDEEHERE'S ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS:heart:

FOCUSING ON ONE WEEK AT A TIME, WHEN THE BIG PICTURE SEEMS TOO OVERWHELMING.......

:drinker: Small changes can bring on big results!! :drinker:

FOR THE WEEK OF: July 10 to July16 , 2011

CHOOSE ONE OR MORE THINGS YOU WANT TO WORK ON FOR JUST THIS WEEK, BUT DON'T SET IT TOO HIGH OR UNREACHABLE!!

And please, Make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

One small step at a time

:wink: You will reach your MAIN GOAL for sure, if you break IT into small actionable steps. It’s should be as easy as 1-2-3! :wink:

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Hope to see my old friends & hope to make some new friends!

:love: Thank you and you may friend me if you like, but please include a message in your friend request :love:

:embarassed: Sorry that I was missing last week and did not get a thread up!! I plan on being her all week!! :blushing:

Replies

• missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I havego mow, will be back.

My goals this week is to get back to Journaling, Checking into here & Walking or Exercising 30 minutes a day.

Boy, I hate when I fall off the wagon. It gets harder & harder to come back. At this rte I am doooooomed to remain the fat girl!!

Later
    Dee
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Ms. Oma!!!! You're back! I missed you!! I'm so ready to get back on track as well! The family's all home and everyone is doing better, so I can get back to me!
    Here I go!
    Goal 1: Do scheduled exercise daily-ChaLean Xtreme, and elliptical on ChaLean off days
    Goal 2: Get to bed on time every night! That's by 10pm Sun-Thur, by midnight Fri&Sat(ok, not so strict about the weekend!)
    Goal 3: Same as before- a few steps further than the day before based on pedometer!
    This week I plan to change up my reporting a bit. I'm starting today, Sunday, but I will report on each day the following morning. That way I can't report something until it's actually done!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    The Oma's are back!!!! YAY :) Missed you gals. I miss all your support and encouragement and kind words.

Goal:
    1. Week 5 P90X & get a couple bike rides in. Maybe 4?
    2. Drink all my water
    3. Don't mess up on the weekend.
    Not sure what my problem is I go nuts on the weekends and mess up my while week. Too many meals out and the I over eat and usually have an adult beverage. The meals out are usually a family outting so I can't always convince them to stay in but I can watch portions better and order a little smarter.

Have a great week ladies. I hope I can kick myself out of this cycle Ive gotten myself into.
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Hi Dee!!! I'm still around too. Would like to join in for this week. My goals for this week
    1) JM Shred daily this week. All 7 days.......till next sunday morning
    2) Got a Gazelle from my sister.... to figure out how to REALLY work it and attempt to work it for at least 15 mins by the end of the week
    3) since I always have to have a non scale goal......I need to clean out my closet AGAIN. My weight has repositioned itself and I had to get some new uniforms... Time to get rid of the old!!!

Hope to check in daily in the morning. Since I do most of my exercise before I go to work it shouldn't be too hard to log it or not..

Dee I hope all is well with you. Keep in mind you can always drop a line in email if you want.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    here again welcome back everyone, GUILTY like the rest of going off over the holiday. But I did add a new photo to my profile. I took it in the same outfit I had my original photo. 6 months and 20lbs down.
    My goal is get back to drinking 12 cups of water and staying closer to my goal calories. Walking over lunch and getting on with this C25K program.
  • FabOma08
    Options
    The Oma's are back!!!! YAY :) Missed you gals. I miss all your support and encouragement and kind words.

Goal:
    1. Week 5 P90X & get a couple bike rides in. Maybe 4?
    2. Drink all my water
    3. Don't mess up on the weekend.
    Not sure what my problem is I go nuts on the weekends and mess up my while week. Too many meals out and the I over eat and usually have an adult beverage. The meals out are usually a family outting so I can't always convince them to stay in but I can watch portions better and order a little smarter.

Have a great week ladies. I hope I can kick myself out of this cycle Ive gotten myself into.

Oooh that sounds ominous! The Oma's are back! Now everybody's in trouble!! You'll do better on the weekend. I have faith!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Hi Dee!!! I'm still around too. Would like to join in for this week. My goals for this week
    2) Got a Gazelle from my sister.... to figure out how to REALLY work it and attempt to work it for at least 15 mins by the end of the week
    3) since I always have to have a non scale goal......I need to clean out my closet AGAIN. My weight has repositioned itself and I had to get some new uniforms... Time to get rid of the old!!!

Hope to check in daily in the morning. Since I do most of my exercise before I go to work it shouldn't be too hard to log it or not..

Dee I hope all is well with you. Keep in mind you can always drop a line in email if you want.

I have a Gazelle too! I love it! It's great while I watch TV! As a matter of fact I just looked up the calorie burning on it. Same as a standard elliptical. I figured it was but since I find it easier to do, I wanted to be sure!
  • MAK_01
    Options

Glad to see you back :happy: Good luck with your goals this week!! You can do it!
    here again welcome back everyone, GUILTY like the rest of going off over the holiday. But I did add a new photo to my profile. I took it in the same outfit I had my original photo. 6 months and 20lbs down.
    My goal is get back to drinking 12 cups of water and staying closer to my goal calories. Walking over lunch and getting on with this C25K program.

Like the new photo, your looking fablous! Good luck with your C25K.
    Oooh that sounds ominous! The Oma's are back! Now everybody's in trouble!! You'll do better on the weekend. I have faith!

Not ominous.. JOYOUS :happy:
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    New, but would love to try this.

Goals for the week:
    1. Survive my first pilates class this week.
    2. Do strength training of some kind 4 times this week.
    3. Do zumba four times this week (even if it's combined with strength above).
    4. Eat my new calorie goal in a healthy way (upped to combat a plateau and seems so daunting, especially when I do heavy exercise).

Btw, do we check in daily or just at the end of the week?
  • missdeehere
    Options
    :-) I love it here!! I like having this lil thread where we can grow closer and help support each other on a more personal level. I am thankful that you all understand that we also have a life outside this box, and sometimes it's difficult to be here.

:flowerforyou: OK MAK, how the heck do you do that? LOL DITTO to everything MAK said to everyone. LOL I do appreciate what you do for me MAK. You have been keeping me on track and making sure I come back. I think about you every morning and I just know that you are doing your workout!! Now I have this vision of you riding your bike in the wind! :-) PS I LOVE this new pic!! You are beautiful!!

:flowerforyou: Oma
    Not sure which one of us Oma's is more CooCoo! (how do u spell that?) I doubt that either of our lives will be quiet and settled. LOL But at least we try and we keep coming back.

:flowerforyou: Laura
    So happy to see you again. That was very nice of you and I may take you up on it. How are the jobs & motherhood going? Are you ready for the coocoo gang? LOL

:flowerforyou: Kris
    Love that you posted the pic in the same outfit!! I can definately see a difference. Keep up the good hard work you are looking FANTASTIC!!

I am overwhelmed tonight. Preparing for Joop to start his Pain Management Program in Pittsburgh tomorrow. It's a 2 hr drive, one way during rush hours. We will be doing this Monday & Tuesday's for the next 6 weeks. he will be there 6 hrs a day.

I am NOT alowed to be part of the program. There will be groups. I must be his driver. Sooooooooooooo I am taking my laptop, my water, my lunch & a snack. I plan on walking at least 30 min, nonstop through the hospital or outside. I will be making many trips to the car too. I think I may do some prep work on my laptop for the upcoming school year. I will be able to catch up on here, plan menus & on FaceBook., especially games! LOL I'll have my cell so I can even call people. 6 hrs a day is going to stink plus 4 hrs travel time. I will be exhausted from the travel itself. I wish I could us the gym. I plan to do a lil exploring of the neighborhood. Who knows, maybe even take a afternoon nap. LOL

I need to get a shower, prepare our lunches & freeze some water now. goodnight............
  • missdeehere
    Options
    New, but would love to try this.

Goals for the week:
    1. Survive my first pilates class this week.
    2. Do strength training of some kind 4 times this week.
    3. Do zumba four times this week (even if it's combined with strength above).
    4. Eat my new calorie goal in a healthy way (upped to combat a plateau and seems so daunting, especially when I do heavy exercise).

Btw, do we check in daily or just at the end of the week?

WELCOME GLORIA :flowerforyou:

Glad to have you join us!! You may post whenever you want. I am going to try to check in daily, cus I get lost if I don't. But you do, what works for you. These gals have been great supporters & motivators for me. I stray easily LOL. Hope we can be of support to you. It's never easy.

Nice loss so far!!
  • MAK_01
    Options
    :flowerforyou: OK MAK, how the heck do you do that? LOL DITTO to everything MAK said to everyone. LOL I do appreciate what you do for me MAK. You have been keeping me on track and making sure I come back. I think about you every morning and I just know that you are doing your workout!! Now I have this vision of you riding your bike in the wind! :-) PS I LOVE this new pic!! You are beautiful!!

You are soo kind :blushing:

Good luck to you and the upcomming schedule, sounds like it's going to be SO hectic. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts that everything goes smoothly.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    my goals are
    getting to the gym 5 times this week and being more positive cause i am slipping at the moment.
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I am still here!

Somehow 3 pounds fell off of me this morning... I haven't really exercised in a few weeks but I've been logging and staying well under calories so I will take it!

My goal this week:
    GET BACK ON THE EXERCISE TRAIN! 20 minutes, 5 times this week for a goal of 100 minutes.
  • FabOma08
    Options

:flowerforyou: Oma
    Not sure which one of us Oma's is more CooCoo! (how do u spell that?) I doubt that either of our lives will be quiet and settled. LOL But at least we try and we keep coming back.

We are CooCoo Cool Omas!!!! If my life were quiet and settled I wouldn't know what to do with myself!! And you wouldn't either! The next 6 weeks are definitely going to be a challenge for you, but I have no doubts you will find a way to make the best of it!
  • FabOma08
    Options
    Report Day 1:
    Goal 1: Do scheduled exercise daily-ChaLean Xtreme, and elliptical on ChaLean off days
    Did ChaLean!!
    Goal 2: Get to bed on time every night! That's by 10pm Sun-Thur, by midnight Fri&Sat(ok, not so strict about the weekend!)
    In bed at 10:15...so close!
    Goal 3: Same as before- a few steps further than the day before based on pedometer!
    1st day steps: 4715
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options

WELCOME GLORIA :flowerforyou:

Glad to have you join us!! You may post whenever you want. I am going to try to check in daily, cus I get lost if I don't. But you do, what works for you. These gals have been great supporters & motivators for me. I stray easily LOL. Hope we can be of support to you. It's never easy.

Nice loss so far!!

Thanks. My name is Lisa, but I answer to anything. :) I've had this handle for nearly two decades now so it just sticks with me. I appreciate the welcome. :flowerforyou: Weight loss journeys can never have enough supporters. Btw, you guys can all meet your goals. If you need reminders of that, I'll be happy to help you.

On my goal list tonight: first pilates class. Hope to knock out goal one quickly. Also did zumba toning DVD last night, so I've started the other goals. :happy: We can do this!
  • missdeehere
    Options
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥
    ♥ * ♥ 3 for Me ♥ * ♥

1♥Journal it! ♥ ♥
    2♥30 Minutes!! ♥ ♥
    3♥Daily Check-in!!! ♥ ♥

I made my goals today!! Yea me!! Yea You for making them too!!

Got out of Pittsburgh a lil early today for good behavior. ;-) Thank God! BUT I had NO Internet access in that building or outside!! Within 2 mile upon arrival this morning I got a ticket for running a Red Light! :-( I swear it was yellow, oh well, now I can add $110.50 to Joop's FIRST DAY at Pain School. :-(

BUT I HAD A PERFECT MEAL DAY, JOURNALED & WALKED 30 MINUTES!!

I will sleep well tonight............
  • missdeehere
    Options
    I am still here!

Somehow 3 pounds fell off of me this morning... I haven't really exercised in a few weeks but I've been logging and staying well under calories so I will take it!

My goal this week:
    GET BACK ON THE EXERCISE TRAIN! 20 minutes, 5 times this week for a goal of 100 minutes.

:flowerforyou: C O N G R A T S SUZ ON THE NICE LOSS!! YOU LOOK WONDERFUL!! :drinker:
    Great job loggin' and you WILL pick up your exercise routine again. PLEASE PUSH ME TO DO IT!!
  • missdeehere
    Options

You are soo kind :blushing:

Good luck to you and the upcomming schedule, sounds like it's going to be SO hectic. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts that everything goes smoothly.

MAK, HOW DID U GET ALL THOSE QUOTES IN ONE RESPONSE? TEACH ME PLEASE!!

ALSO, HOW DO WE INCLUDE A PHOTO IN THIS BOX? DO I HAVE TO PUT IT IN MY SIGNITURE?

THANK YOU!! HOW WAS YOUR DAY?