How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Hi! Being a former WW member, I always weighed in on the same day, same time of the week. I have found that this can be frustrating as sometimes I have eaten more sodium and my weight will be up from that, or if I ate a little more than usual the day before the "official" weigh-in day, my weight will be up. How often do you weigh? Do you do it any specific day of the week, once a month, etc? Just wanted to get some ideas of what other MFP friends are doing.

Replies

• CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    once a week.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Once a week =) stops the roller coaster of emotions! :explode:
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I do more often, usually daily, in the morning after I go to the bathroom and before I shower. I know a week can have ups and downs, but I do it anyway.
  • hstallings13
    hstallings13 Posts: 306
    Options
    mondays when I wake after I use the bathroom. Most accurate time before the day takes it's effects on me.
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Officially once a week, but I do sometimes sneak on for peeks during the week, however, I fluctuate so much that I try not to do this. Sometimes I show a big gain and freak out, and then come official weigh in, I've actually lost. Or the other way, I show a big loss only to find a small or no loss on the official day. So yeah...once a week is for the best in my case! :happy:
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Every day, right after I wake up. :)
  • HealthyBabe74
    HealthyBabe74 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in once a week at the same time.
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I usually check maybe 2 or 3 times during the weeks (in the morning, right after I get up), but I do my official weigh-in on Sunday mornings :)
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I try to stick with 1x/week on the same day at the same time -- but I have to admit that I sometimes stress over whether I'm on track, and start weighing myself for a few days in a row. I have to stop that, 'cause every week can be a roller coaster (like you said), and every DAY is even more of one.

I think if we can just be patient w/ourselves and look at the progress over a longer period (like a month, or 3 months), it puts that weekly weigh-in in perspective. Now let's see if I can take my own advice!! :) Hang in there!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I graph my weight loss. I also graph just the Monday weigh in's in order to see the BIG picture.
  • mroper
    mroper Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I know a lot of people will tell you that this is a bad idea. I will say this....if you weigh more than once a week dont beat yourself up over the results. I just use it as a tool for how to go about my day. If im up then I know to be extra careful that day to get things back on track. This may not work for everyone though. Ive basically decided that Im not going to give the scales that much power. If I feel good then im going to enjoy it no matter what the scale said. :happy: I know that when I work out I feel wonderful and I dont need the scale to tell me I did something good for my body.
  • AnuMe901
    AnuMe901 Posts: 44
    Options
    Every 2 weeks on Sunday mornings. :)
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Once a week, Thursday mornings, this is when I record my loss progress on MFP.

However, I do have the habit of weighing myself more often (almost daily) but I only record Thursdays weigh-in.
  • Maggie5050
    Maggie5050 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do it 3 times a week, first thing in the morning. I find that if I have consumed too much and my weight has gone up a little I can cut back the next day.
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but it is only offical when I log it once a week. I try to weigh around the same time, on the same day of the week. I feel that way I am giving my body time for ups and downs and whatever it is, when it is official, that is where I am for the next week.
    I started my journey on MFP on a Tuesday, so that is my official weigh in day each week.
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I can get "scale obsessed".....so I make myself ONLY weigh in, once a week, on Wednesday mornings.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I don't stress over it though. If it stressed me out I'd weigh in less often. At this point in my plateau I'm expecting to not see any good news lol
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week same time, same place. But if I have a gain that I think is "not fair", I will weigh myself the next day at the same time before I record it. That keeps me sane. :happy:
  • KATHLEENAITKEN
    KATHLEENAITKEN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi

I usually weight myself once a week in the evening.
  • hingtastic
    hingtastic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I always tell myself i will only do it once a week but then i end up weighing myself every morning. I like seeing progress.