Halo top ice cream

Options
Has anyone else tried this? The entire pint is 240 calories. I am eating 103 grams right now for 88 calories and the texture and taste is just like regular ice cream. It is a little pricy at about $6 a pint so I know everyone situation is different, but it is delicious!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Use the Search function up there. It's been much discussed.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    We have something similar here in Australia, I forked out $12 for a small tub and it tasted like watered down chocolate ice crystals. I had absolutely no fear of binging on that particular "ice cream"...
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Not available in Canada :(
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I tried it a couple of weeks ago. It was good!
  • lisaconklin957
    lisaconklin957 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I buy a pint every week, it's amazing and totally satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • dps2113
    dps2113 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just finished a pint of the mint chip. My local Kroger sells Halo Top for $3.99 a pint, so I can afford to eat it a couple of times a week.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    LOVE it! Had some last night and will tonight. Yum-MY! Birthday Cake is my favorite and Chocolate is my second. But I like them all. :heart:
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Hhmmmm maybe your version is much better than ours. What's the texture like, is it creamy or icy?
  • charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love the mint chip halo top. way better than arctic zero.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    What's it made of to get the higher protein and lower calorie count? (I'd look it up, but I've never seen it.)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    I find it vaguely unsatisfying, but I can't really say why . . . it just seems, somehow, substanceless. Tastes OK, though, and even has a bit of protein. Just not what I'm looking for in an "ice cream", I guess. I've tried it a few times, thinking I must be wrong, but have consistently ended up wishing I'd eaten something else instead.
  • arose1122
    arose1122 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hhmmmm maybe your version is much better than ours. What's the texture like, is it creamy or icy?

Creamy. Not as much as the real deal but it makes for a good substitute and definitely much better than Arctic Zero.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    arose1122 wrote: »

Creamy. Not as much as the real deal but it makes for a good substitute and definitely much better than Arctic Zero.

Ahhaa ok, I think I'm getting arctic zero mixed up with halo top!
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Arctic zero was so terrible. I had to blend it up with almond butter and milk before it was remotely edible and....well it kind of defeats the purpose of a low cal ice cream when you're adding 250 calories to it to make it bearable.

Halo top is my jam though. I'm getting some for my birthday this week.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I can actually get down with AZ. I spend another 50-100 calories doctoring it up but is worth it to me because I need to eat a high volume of food to be sarisfies
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options

I wasn't saying that I had trouble finding it in the search function. I was posting this for those on MFP who are finding out that their ice cream is clocking in well over 500 calories and are looking for an alternative.

And I agree, I tried Arctic Zero and it is icy, this was creamy and good. And Arctic Zero costs more. I can't wait to try all the flavors.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I'm SOLD.. headed to Kroger tomorrow for a taste of this Halo stuff!
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    ugofatcat wrote: »

I wasn't saying that I had trouble finding it in the search function. I was posting this for those on MFP who are finding out that their ice cream is clocking in well over 500 calories and are looking for an alternative.

And I agree, I tried Arctic Zero and it is icy, this was creamy and good. And Arctic Zero costs more. I can't wait to try all the flavors.

The person was letting you know that the subject of Halo Top ice cream has been talked about at great lengths, and that you can use the search function to find the threads instead of making a new one about an old subject.