What time do you stop eating each night and go to sleep every night?

Replies

• Ploofs
    Ploofs Posts: 59 Member
    Dinner at 5:30 and I'm in bed by 10:00 :). I don't sleep well on a heavy stomach.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    We eat dinner around 6:30, have a snack/wine at 7:30. I eat the bulk of my calories in the evening. In bed between 8:30-9, up at 5a to workout :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    As a side note, I've always personally wondered how people manage to eat dinner at 5 or 6 or whatever and be done eating for the day...hell, there are a lot of days I don't even leave the office until 6 and then I have an hour commute home...
  • cwolfman13 wrote: »
    As a side note, I've always personally wondered how people manage to eat dinner at 5 or 6 or whatever and be done eating for the day...hell, there are a lot of days I don't even leave the office until 6 and then I have an hour commute home...

Right? I'm lucky to be home by 5:30 or so, and then I still need to work out.

Dinner for me is usually 8-9, bed somewhere between 9:30 and 11:30 depending on how I feel. Up at 5:30, bah. There is almost always dessert immediately before bed.

And others have already covered this well, but yeah, meal timing is entirely based on preference and what helps you adhere to a deficit.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    +1 for everyone's statements about meal timing myths.
    Currently, I'm trying to readjust to finishing my last meal around 6-8pm. I don't like waking up in the middle of the night to release the water I had with my dinner.
    My sleep situation is the same as yours: I aim to be in bed by 10pm, but it's more often around 11pm.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    crissy976 wrote: »
    So maybe I'm making a bigger deal about this than I should... lol. I've always thought that what you eat before bed kind of "sticks to you..." Not true?

Not true at all. Eat when you need to eat to keep yourself satisfied. You could sit down to your dinner in bed, eat, put the plate on the night stand, and then fall asleep and lose the exact same amount of weight as if you had had the exact same food three hours earlier. Good ole fashion wives' tales.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 407 Member
    We eat between 5:30 and 6:00. I stop eating when I reach my calorie target.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,830 Member
    If I go to bed about 1 am, I stop eating about midnight.

If I go to bed about 2 am, I might still be eating at 1 am.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I work part time from home.

• We eat dinner unusually late because of hubby's work schedule - 11:30 PM. That means I don't have to worry about being hungry between dinner and bed, but it presents me with extra challenges. If I am up at 7 AM, that's a 16 hour window to stretch out my calories. I typically don't have my first meal until the early afternoon, and I am pretty ravenous by then. By 5/6, I am hungry again, and I still have 5+ hours until dinner after that. It can be hard.

I'm not willing to give up the late dinners, though. It's sometimes the only time we get together, and I don't want to stare at him while he eats leftovers.
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    I stop eating at 7pm however if I'm really hungry I'll just have a bit of fruit or something light.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I'm usually done eating by 5-6 and go to bed around 10-11. I don't do it on purpose, it's just how I've always done it because I'm not hungry after 6. The only exception is when I have a dinner out or some kind of late event that involves food (or when a family member comes home late with some tasty goodies).
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited September 2016
    I eat dinner at 6:30, sometimes have a snack around 9pm but not always. I go to bed between 9:30 and 11:00 on school nights.

I do like to brush my teeth by about 8 as for some reason I've got it in my head that doing that early-ish + not eating/drinking anything but water for a good 10-12 is good for your teeth, but this is totally unscientific and I think I just like the minty feeling.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member

My husband, until relatively recently, got off work at 3. By the time I got home at 5:30 he'd have dinner ready and have helped our daughter through her homework. It was fantastic.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    We eat dinner about 6 pm, and that's usually it for me unless there's candy in the house...which I try to avoid, as I have a tendency to binge....In bed by 9:30-10, and up at 5 am. I won't eat now until about 8 or 9 am.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Sleep by 1 eat big snack 12-1 am lol
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Usually in bed around 11ish, usually stop eating around 10:00 - 10:30. That's the most common scenario but it varies. I don't have any rule or plan concerning meal times.
  • crissy976
    crissy976 Posts: 91 Member
    This was an interesting discussion, great answers to a great question. It helps to hear the myth busted by more than one individual.

I totally agree! I've always wondered this and now I have very insightful answers! Thank you!
  • crissy976
    crissy976 Posts: 91 Member
    Shana67 wrote: »
    We eat dinner around 6:30, have a snack/wine at 7:30. I eat the bulk of my calories in the evening. In bed between 8:30-9, up at 5a to workout :)

I cannot workout in the morning. My body is absolutely not wired to be a morning person. Lol. But I DO envy you! !!! Lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    jemhh wrote: »

My husband, until relatively recently, got off work at 3. By the time I got home at 5:30 he'd have dinner ready and have helped our daughter through her homework. It was fantastic.

That sounds fantastic...I'd love to be off by 3, even if that meant getting up and to work earlier...the accounting world doesn't seem to work that way though...hell, I'm just glad I'm no longer with a CPA firm...that was pretty much 12 hours per day Mon - Fri, plus another 8-10 on the weekend and about 25 weeks of travel annually.