Tell me about your goal peice of clothing

Options
Wolfena
Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
What is it? I think most of us have one.... Will you wear it again once it fits? (or do you?) What makes this piece of clothing special to you, why have you chosen it?

Mine was a denim mini skirt in juniors size 11. I only wore it once or twice when I was in my mid twenties - including my first real date with my second (now ex) husband. I think I weighed about 160 at the time. I don't know why I never threw it away, even when I wasn't really trying to lose weight and was well into a women's size 16/18. I just liked it :smile: I remember feeling sexy when I wore it and confident that I looked good.

That skirt now falls off of me when I put it on... I never wore it even when it did fit me again because it was out of style and I am too old for denim mini skirts! :laugh: I doubt I'll ever throw it away- it's a symbol of all that I worked for the past few years and I still just like it.

So - tell me your stories! :wink:

Replies

• Wolfena
    Options
    What is it? I think most of us have one.... Will you wear it again once it fits? (or do you?) What makes this piece of clothing special to you, why have you chosen it?

Mine was a denim mini skirt in juniors size 11. I only wore it once or twice when I was in my mid twenties - including my first real date with my second (now ex) husband. I think I weighed about 160 at the time. I don't know why I never threw it away, even when I wasn't really trying to lose weight and was well into a women's size 16/18. I just liked it :smile: I remember feeling sexy when I wore it and confident that I looked good.

That skirt now falls off of me when I put it on... I never wore it even when it did fit me again because it was out of style and I am too old for denim mini skirts! :laugh: I doubt I'll ever throw it away- it's a symbol of all that I worked for the past few years and I still just like it.

So - tell me your stories! :wink:
  • glynnette
    Options
    The dress I got married in. It's just a nice a baby blue spring dress but because of what I wore it for I would love to be able to fit into it again (jr's size 13).
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I think I'll buy a cute matching bra + undies once i've completed my journey I've always wanted to look perfect in something sexy!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Ohh..fun thread...considering I have a lot of stored away cute clothes...:laugh:

My first one will be my favorite little black dress..I can get in on now and zipped, but still need to tone out a few bulges here and there...:grumble:

Next, I have several pairs of cute capris from Aero that I want to wear...I can get them on...but after that I can't move....:laugh: so there is still plenty work to be done with those...:laugh:

My final goal would be to be able to wear a variety of dress suits for work...and pant suits for evening events...they are in the smallest size range, so we'll see....:drinker:

Okay, that's all...oh, and I hope to wear a two piece swimsuit this summer!!! :bigsmile:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    This is my Goal Outfit - DH bought it for me last year and I looked terrible in it. However, it strengthed my resolve to loose weight, so I stuffed it in the back of my closet and said - next year!

V261665_093.jpg
  • Wolfena
    Options
    This is my Goal Outfit - DH bought it for me last year and I looked terrible in it. However, it strengthed my resolve to loose weight, so I stuffed it in the back of my closet and said - next year!

V261665_093.jpg

WOW :noway:

That's gotta be awesome that he'd get you something like that just assuming you'd look good in it! Even when WE don't see our bodies in a good light, our guys sure do - huh :tongue:
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    my favorite jeans
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

V261665_093.jpg

WOW :noway:

That's gotta be awesome that he'd get you something like that just assuming you'd look good in it! Even when WE don't see our bodies in a good light, our guys sure do - huh :tongue:

Oh no, the best part was that he wondered WHY I didn't wear it. I pulled him over to the computer, showed him this picture then said okay, now look at me. WHY DO YOU THINK?! He's still not gotten it :tongue: But he is at least more supportive because he knows when I'm comfortable I'll wear it.
  • suprjewels
    Options
    I've got this ultra cute halter top. It would only look right with leggings or "skinny" jeans. I can't wear either at the moment without being stared at like how dare you!! LOL So that is my shirt. It still has the tag and I'm going to wear it by summer!!!!!
  • Wolfena
    Options
    Oh no, the best part was that he wondered WHY I didn't wear it. I pulled him over to the computer, showed him this picture then said okay, now look at me. WHY DO YOU THINK?! He's still not gotten it :tongue: But he is at least more supportive because he knows when I'm comfortable I'll wear it.

I bet he'd think you look good in it regardless of your body size & shape. I don't know why, but I think that is so incredibly cool.... just thinking about a relationship like that makes me smile. :smile:

(not that my guy ever said anything negative about me at any of my sizes - it's just that he's- well, never said ANYTHING at all, let alone bought me something like that!)

Ok, yea - I'm jealous! :ohwell:
  • Hollychan
    Options
    My cap and gown at my college graduation when I receive my Bachelor's degree. Sure, it looks like a tent on anyone, but I'm planning on looking awesome in a little dress I wear underneath it. ^_^

The goal for the semester is the gown though. :D
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    bikini! and some really cute work clothes that haven't fit in way too long. As I lose, I am gaining a whole new wardrobe from my own closet.

oh and I am still hanging on to my skinny jeans- they will fit one day!!
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    Oh, I have this adorable bright pink teddy that I bought at Victoria's Secret a few years ago... and then I couldn't fit in it when I thought the right moment came to wear it.... so it's sitting in a box in my closet. I want to be able to put on that pink teddy for my man when he gets home in May, and not have to hold my breath to keep from busting the seams!
  • ajanieva
    Options
    A pair of size 2 Lucky's jeans I bought over a year ago when I fit into them at 128lbs.
    A pair of size 2 Express dress slacks that I wore to my last job interview in January 2007.
    I will buy a pair of knee-high-black-pointy-toe stiletto boots. :love: My calves are ALWAYS too big to fit into even the stretchy ones.:grumble: I'm a big on bottom girl. :ohwell: I can't wait to buy a pair with no elastic.:laugh:
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    I have my very favorite jeans that I used to wear when I was size 5 aha. they will sure fit... I know..
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    A pair of jeans.when I was loosing before I accidently bought a 5 instead of a 7. They fit, but werent loose like I like. I figured I would fit them in a month. Then I met my boyfriend and started eating whatever I wanted... So I am hoping to get into them by my bday!
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    my rock and republic jeans. I havent been able to fit in them for a while so when that day comes, oh my gosh AWESOME
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Ok. I've NEVER been one to wear tank tops and this summer is going to be different. Just a few more teensy weensy pounds and I will be rockin' this style in summer '09. I am going to be braver than brave this year and ditch my baggy tees and basketball shorts.............I hope.:ohwell:
    V239070_H18.jpg
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wear a size 10 jeans. Not just fit into a size 10 but to fit a size 10 and no muffin top. Right now, I'm in a size 12.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Ohh..fun thread...considering I have a lot of stored away cute clothes...:laugh:

My first one will be my favorite little black dress..I can get in on now and zipped, but still need to tone out a few bulges here and there...:grumble:

Next, I have several pairs of cute capris from Aero that I want to wear...I can get them on...but after that I can't move....:laugh: so there is still plenty work to be done with those...:laugh:

My final goal would be to be able to wear a variety of dress suits for work...and pant suits for evening events...they are in the smallest size range, so we'll see....:drinker:

Okay, that's all...oh, and I hope to wear a two piece swimsuit this summer!!! :bigsmile:

and you'll do it too Theresa! Rock that bikini, girl!!!:heart: