Halo top ice cream

Options

Replies

• Lulaica
    Lulaica Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I tried the Lemon Cake one, and I wish it was more lemon tasting (I'm a huge fan of citrus flavors). But for what it was, I was happy. I ate it faster than I usually eat ice cream (I'm just not a big ice cream person in general). When I get the urge to get some ice cream again, birthday cake is on my list.
  • OcalaFL
    OcalaFL Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Mocha chip and mint chip are my favorates had all flavors but strawberry my store has never had that one yet. My friends tend to like birthday cake flavor the most. I sometimes add pb2 to chocolate to make peanut butter cup like flavor...
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I loved Halo Top, but Halo Top didn't love me. Between the lactose and sugar alcohols, I can't eat it any more.

I'm sad, because in a thread in the Food section, there's rumbles telling of them coming out with ten new flavors.

Anvilhead might get his wish of Chocolate Peanut Butter!
  • Lulaica
    Lulaica Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm sad, because in a thread in the Food section, there's rumbles telling of them coming out with ten new flavors.

Anvilhead might get his wish of Chocolate Peanut Butter!

I'm curious about these new flavors. :3 Since 3 of the flavors out now are no go (I'm not big on chocolate, and chocolate-mint is not a flavor I even like thinking about. xD).
  • BridgetHarrington
    Options
    Hmmm. I like the Arctic Zero. Never had the Halo but would try it. I don't have much of a sweet tooth and only want ice cream occasionally.

One thing I do like that is low cal, sweet and healthy is frozen watermelon. Cut it up and freeze it. It tastes like granita and has almost an Italian ice texture.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I like Halo Top much better than the other alternatives but it doesn't agree with my intestines, apparently.

Sigh.
  • pmastro724
    pmastro724 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want to try Halo...I love anything lemon - Has anyone tried the Lemon Flavor?
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I tried Arctic Zero and hated it. I just looked on their website and saw that my local Kroger carries Halo Top, so I'm going to have to get some and try it out.

Hardest part will be picking a flavour.
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    daniip_la wrote: »
    I tried Arctic Zero and hated it. I just looked on their website and saw that my local Kroger carries Halo Top, so I'm going to have to get some and try it out.

Hardest part will be picking a flavour.

; ; I went to Whole Foods and saw both Halo and Arctic Zero. I tried Arctic Zero, and it was...like if you made hot chocolate that was way too watered down and then went cold.

Now the Halo is where it's at. It tastes mostly like real ice cream and so few calories. I like the variety of flavors. It's good for a monthly stock up (for when I binge x.x)
  • jadorade91
    jadorade91 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I loooove Halo Top!! The stores near me just finally started selling it. I love Birthday Cake but want to try the Mint Chocolate one!
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Ya'll must have been without ice cream for a long time. Nasty.
  • arose1122
    arose1122 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    jadorade91 wrote: »
    I loooove Halo Top!! The stores near me just finally started selling it. I love Birthday Cake but want to try the Mint Chocolate one!

Mint is my favorite so far but I REALLY want to try the lemon. My Kroger is ALWAYS out. :/
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    If I can't have full-fat ice cream I'm not going to bother.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Hhmmmm maybe your version is much better than ours. What's the texture like, is it creamy or icy?

Creamy. There's another dairy-free one that's icy that I don't care for. But Halo Top has a decent amount of protein and fiber.
  • Psychgrrl
    Options
    pmastro724 wrote: »
    I REALLY want to try Halo...I love anything lemon - Has anyone tried the Lemon Flavor?

Yes--very light and refreshing. Great for summer!
  • Psychgrrl
    Options
    arose1122 wrote: »
    jadorade91 wrote: »

Mint is my favorite so far but I REALLY want to try the lemon. My Kroger is ALWAYS out. :/

They seel out so fast at Ralph's I had to ask when the deliveries are so i could get in there. :wink:
  • Psychgrrl
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    If I can't have full-fat ice cream I'm not going to bother.

For me, this is far preferable. You do you, I'll do Halo Top. :smiley:
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I hate sugar alcohols so I would only eat this if I needed to use a laxative but didn't want to take a pill ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    The lemon cake is ok. Not my favorite. The birthday cake is on point